Best and Worst kits ever

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Jay510, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. RedandWhite

RedandWhite Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Canada
    The Hull City kit looks crazy.

3. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Xeneize12

Xeneize12 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    La Palma, CA
    well...Keeper's kit's throughout the 90's were pretty bad...at least Argentina's...

5. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    I find particularly cool the new Adidas kits such as Germany's black one and France's white one, also Holland's orange back in 1974 was as cool as it gets
    Now these new Nike kits (Brasil's and Holland's for example) are absolutely hideous
    Will I live to see Brasil sponsored by Adidas? I hope so

6. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Yeah, I really don't like the new Nike Total 90 kits. They wouldn't be bad if they were used by one or 2 teams but every team sponsored by Nike gets stuck with the same boring kit just change the colors.

7. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Absolute worst kit: Holland 88. What were Adidas thinking?

8. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    jorge campos' goalie jerseys... they were either flamboyantly gay or flamboyantly awesome!

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Palermo's home strip. Who on Earth likes to wear a pink jersey? Juve's pink away jersey and Gianluigi Buffon's goalkeeping jersey for Juve in their home matches have to be some of the most ridiculous jerseys ever.

Sergio Goycoechea's goalkeeping jersey at Italia 90 was ugly too.

10. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harken back to 1978, for its one and only season in the old NASL... ladies and gentlemen, the Colorado Caribous.

[​IMG]

With the gold area across the chest being, yes, cowboy-ish fringe.

This is, and was, beyond bad.

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except I think, according to what I may have read or else it is purely legend, Juve's original jerseys were pink in color, before they switched to the famous black-and-white stripes.

12. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    [​IMG]

Cruyff in 1974!

13. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    [​IMG]

"Line-up for the 1988 European Campionship Final against West Germany.
    Back: Marco van Basten, Ronald Koeman, Frank Rijkaard, Erwin Koeman, Ruud Gullit, Hans van Breukelen.
    Front: Adri van Tiggelen, Arnold Mühren, Berry van Aerle, Jan Wouters, Gerald Vanenburg."

14. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As for one of the nicest kits i would have to say Inter Milan's black, blue, and yellow one.

15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Wasn't the final against the USSR? Also, I think the 1980s were extremely horrible when it comes to clothing in general. Football jerseys were no exception there.

I really like the ones from the 1970s. The Dutch/Argentina/Germany ones from 1978 for example are all really cool.

the 1994 Germany kits were also pretty bad. They looked like clown costumes.

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Coventry City's infamous brown away kit of the 70s is generally regarded as the all-time worst.
    It's believed that Admiral had mistakingly ordered this color material and asked Coventry if they'd use it. Sadly, they did. :eek:

[​IMG]

17. Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer Neuwbie

Jul 4, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    This is the epitome of 80's fashion.

18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    York City 2002-03
    "This started life as a red shirt, then added is a huge a white 'Y' shape on the front in a nod to a 70's tradition, then topped off bizzarely by a black and white chequered arm (just one). The arm oddity is a nod to the then club Chairman John Batchelor whose first love is motor-racing."
    :eek:

[​IMG]

19. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Elsewhere on these boards is a photo of the original MLS kits, they were all abominable. My team Derby County have just struck up a sponsorship deal with the Spanish sportswear firm Joma and the new shirt looks awful, some 'designer' has come up with the idea of having a single black stripe up the left front of the jersey. It looks like a bag strap.
    Good strips? Well there are so many, but off the top of my head I'd have to say the new home shirt for England with the cross of St. George on the shoulder.

20. Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer Neuwbie

Jul 4, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    I agree :eek:

I wonder if you could signal semaphore while wearing this ;)

21. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    I actually remember them wearing this kit at the Baseball Ground against Derby. Apart from the kit the only thing I remember about the match was Steve Hunt, who'd just come back to England after a stint with the Cosmos. He gave our defenders loads of trouble with his pace all afternoon. I seem to remember the crowd was very sparse that day, the Rams were on the slide.

22. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BEST KITS

Brazil 1970
    [​IMG]

Ajax Early 70s
    [​IMG]

Juventus Early 80s
    [​IMG]

Liverpool 70s away
    [​IMG]

23. a-m-a-n

a-m-a-n New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    manchester
    Personally I think the Nike kit is too common. I see ot everywhere. Portugal, holland, brazil, mexico, USA, turkey, morocco etc. it's just the colours that are different

I also like the kenyan kit. I didn't know those guys played soccer but their kit is unique and fantasic. and that Kid Dennis oliech is quite good. I read he was going to Nantes in france from a qatar club. :cool:

24. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

worst and best kit of K-League (korean league)

WORST
    [​IMG]
    The player on the left is from Bucheon SK and i think thats the worst kit ever produced by K-League, but i like the kit on the right, Busan I'cons (but gay Busan board changed the name to I'Park

[​IMG]
    this was the kit Busan I'Park used in '03 and i believe till '04

[​IMG]
    but now Busan ruined the kit and this is the piece of s h i t they wear for 'o5

25. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Best Kit- FC Seoul 2005

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i guess you can say its the AC Milan of South Korea
    they're supposed to play Boca Juniors next tuesday for Peace Cup.