Best And Most Consistant Player In The Premiership..

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Flash2, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    For the four main positions... Too lazy to do a full team

GK: Cech
    Df: Cole
    Mf: Lampard
    Fw: Henry easily.

2. auggieted

auggieted New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    IAgree on Cech, breaking the "Great Dane's" record solidifies any argument on consistency.

However how can you have Henry? He had 7 or 8 games where he played "phantom". Does he have his moments, absolutely but they tend to be "B" games.

My Forward pick would be Andy Johnson, simply for the fact that on regulation team he is getting the ball into the back of the net.

My defender has to go to Rio. Since his return he has been a rock.

My Mid pick is either Lampard, Duff, Ronaldo, Dunne, or even O’Shae when he plays there.

Just my thoughts.

3. Marcusofplymouth

Feb 15, 2005
    Janner town
    Cech no doubt, Terry, Lampard (basically the chelsea backbone) and Crouch (like the previous dude cos he's playin for a lesser side but banging in goals l,r and c).

4. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Surely henry is the best forward in the premiership, i agree crouch and AJ are both doing well scoring for lesser teams but neither have henrys ability and have produced the goodsconsistently over a number of years.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I like Crouch and he's turned into a wonderful buy for Saints. But I wouldn't say he's been consistant. He struggled to get playing time earlier in the year. Some of that was Beattie but some it was that he needed to pick his game up a bit. He's looking lately a lot more like the player Villa spent 5m pounds for though.

6. The Canandien WizKid

Oct 11, 2004
    Mississauga, ont, Ca
    Df: either Stubbs, or Campbell, maybe Rio
    Mid: Makelele, of Fabragas
    Forward: Henry
    Stricker:Rooney

I seperated Forward and stricker because well they are different things

I said Henry because even when he went on his 6 game scoreless streak(The longest since he joined the club coincidently) he was still racking up assist, against ManU he both I think(he did take the corner right?) And he pretty much scored in every game he played in, hence leading goal scorer. As much as it pains me to say it, Rooney has been a very consistant stricker, he's stepped up reasonably well, to replace Ruud.

Defence Stubbs, easily the most influencial defender the whole season, Camplbell, well he's Sol, if he's on the field the other team won't score. Hes got like an aura...Rio, I'd say third because of his over all effect on ManU's backline, but I'd have Sol over Rio anytime, The gunners have enough ppl to run the pitch.

Midfield: Its Makelele, the man who had apparently single handedly held together RM defence. And abosrbs offensive pressure like a 5" 8' spounge. Plus hes French, and we all the know the french are the best at...well everything. :D :p

7. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    G- Cech
    D- Terry
    M- Lampard
    F- Henry - Definitely the best, but his consistency is very questionable. He strings together a bunch of 6.0 performances, and then every half dozen or so games he has an 8.0 performance, thrills everyone and scores a few. True consistency is churning out 7.0 or even 7.5 performances week in, week out. Cech, Terry, and Lampard are the only three who meet that criteria.

Best player of the last two years- Henry
    Most consistent player of the last two years- Lampard

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Given Lampard's EPL longevity record, how can it be anyone but him?

9. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Most consistant has got to be Lampard because he seems to always be involved and have a good game. Rightly pointed out before, Henry is fantastic one week, and then seems to have no interest the next.

Lampard-the most consistant and improved.

Henry-great one week, disinterested the next. (flat-track bully?)

10. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    I would have to say Peter Cech I still say without him
    Chelsea is just another team...

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we would have to play Carlo Cudicini instead :rolleyes:

why dont people think before they speak.

12. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posting borads would be no fun if they did! :rolleyes:

13. Pelle...grino

Pelle...grino New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Chester,Englandshire
    GK: cech- cant really fault the guy
    df: carragher- hasnt played a bad game for years
    md: hamann- always dependable
    fw: terry henry- unbelievably good.

i have focused more on the consistency than the best. carragher may not be the best df but he always plays well, hamman is the same. terry henry scores a hell of a lot of goals as well as creating a lot and being very entertaining. with chelsea's defensive record its hard to choose anyone else as a gk

14. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Even though I'm a Yid, well said that man. If Norwich had these guys, they'd be mid-table no problem. What price safety?

15. superfrank8

superfrank8 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    London
    Claude makelele

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    carragher over terry? and hamann over anybody else???

17. Tavish

Tavish New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Perth
    Just watching interview with John Terry on Football Focus.

He was talking about the English centre backs competing for a place and said "There's Rio, Sol, Ledley.... and Jamie Carragher's been the best central defender in the premiership this season"

Garth Crooks: "Really!?"

Terry: "Yeah, he's been fantastic"

18. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he was too humble to name himself, clearly the most deserving.

19. Pelle...grino

Pelle...grino New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Chester,Englandshire
    as i said, i was focusing more on the consistency part rather than best.

dictionary.com defines consistency as "Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events: pitched with remarkable consistency throughout the season."

sure there are players better hamann but he has been very good for a number of years. if you have been watching much epl this season you would put carragher up there with terry, its just terry plays in a better team, which infact probably makes his job easier

20. auggieted

auggieted New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Carragher is grossly underrated.

I wonder if the idea of "Liverpool must always be in the top 3" ideal is a cause of this?

Some fans might think that since they are not "Winning it all" that some of the players just don't measure up.

If so I think they are missing out.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are many midfeilders more consistent and talented then hamann, if you weren't a 'pool fan you would not have mentioned him. Besides didnt he miss 3 months with an injury last season? And doesnt he get hurt a lot?

22. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Reeeped sunshine.

23. Pelle...grino

Pelle...grino New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Chester,Englandshire
    perhaps not, but i am only gonna the answer the question with players i have seen a lot, im sure a lot of people rate players through hearsay without ever really seeing a player. maybe i was a bit hasty saying he is the most consistent but he is definatly up there as one of the most.

24. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Name them. And there'd better be "many".

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Speed and Gerrard are just two. Hamman is a ********ing stupid ********ing German bastard in my house.

Ps. Come on lads.