Best 11 for free, in Italy

Discussion in 'Aussies Abroad' started by aussie_ascoli, Oct 9, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I saw this posted by Cassano in the italian forum, however this is apparently the best 11 players in italy whose contracts end at the end of June 2007, vitually costing nothing.

La top-undici a zero euro
    Dida (Milan), Lanna (Chievo), Dainelli (Fiorentina), Falcone (Samp), Zauri (Lazio), Figo (Inter), Grella (Parma), Corini (Palermo), Pinzi (Udinese), Asamoah (Udinese), Pepe (Cagliari).

In panchina: Fontana (Palermo), Ferri (Cagliari), Zanchetta (Chievo), Passoni (Livorno), Bazzani (Samp).

http://sports.alice.it/it/cmc/calcio/200641/cmc_101796.html

2. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Ha, awesome. :) Grella is in good company there. Any rumours of him moving? I'm surprised Parma didn't try offload him after his successful World Cup, where they could have got some money for him - but if they want to keep him, why didn't they get him to sign a contract extension?

3. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    They didn't offload him, because he's too important for the squad. They want to survive so they have to keep him. In Italy thats the most important position on the field, and these days its extremely difficult to find such a DM

4. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    i doubt they would offload their captain.

5. Leocheck

Leocheck Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Rumours says that he is going to link up with Bresciano and move to Palermo.