Bermuda vs Guatemala [WCQ] 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by LesG9, Mar 29, 2015.

1. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    It'll be a tough game tomorrow for sure, it'll be on NBC Deportes at 7pm Est. Time.
    Hope Sopegno starts 4-4-2 because Bermuda main player will play tomorrow.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont see it listed. Really wantto watch it live. Did you guys see the letter the fed posted?

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not on TV, but you can watch online at http://stream.nbcdeportes.com/ although that website isn't working for me now. I've seen contradicting information about whether it starts at 6:30 P.M. or 7:30 P.M. USA Eastern.

slaminsams repped this.
  4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The game starts 4:30 Guate time. So for me it's 3:30PST. For you'd i'd say 6:30EST

5. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Looks like I'll be getting chorillo around 3pm today then.. haha!

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Download NBC Deportes En Vivo Extra, it's an app for Android and I believe iOS too.

It will be streamed live through there, if not mistaken, they already have it listed.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    GOL CINCOTTA!

AL FIN!!!!!

edcalvi repped this.
  8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Missed but listened to most of the first half while driving home. Sounded like a continuation of Friday's game, with Guatemala controlling possession but wasting chances.

9. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    51’ Pescado offside
    51’ Long ball from Contreras to Pappa on left flank, Pappa crosses high, Pescado volleys on target, forcing a CK
    53’ Contreras offside after 3 consecutive CKs
    55’ Bermuda cross is cleared by Enoc to the center from where their attacker blasts it way high.
    55’ Pappa offside
    56’ Bermuda continues to attack, first from the right where the attacker gets by Marquez and Lalín before Ávila helps clear it, then from the left where Cincotta blocks a cross to a CK; CK is placed on goal and Jerez mishandles it but recovers before being fouled. I think that is the closest Bermuda hs been to scoring in the series.
    59’ Pescado offside

Score remains 0-1

edcalvi repped this.
  10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    60’ Pappa tries to surprise the GK from 40m but his shot is way wide.
    61’ Lalín gives away a CK which Bermuda turns in to a header on goal but Jerez is well-positioned to contain.
    62’ Contreras tries on a FK to to the same as Pappa 2 minutes earlier. Wide
    65’ Miscommunication between Jerez and Lalín on an otherwise harmless low cross almost gives the ball to an attacker in the box. If we continue to give them space, they will score.

11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    67’ After Cincotta gets fouled 25m from goal on center, Pappa takes a high FK
    69’ Low cross from right is cleared by Enoc after a quick approach by Bermuda.
    72’ Cincotta YC for pulling the arm of the opponent after he lost possession. Bermuda continues to push forward
    75’ Lalín fails to clear a FK which ends on a shot saved by Jerez.
    78’ Fast incursion in the box by Bermuda’s sub #9 who crosses before the ball crosses the goal line but Jerez is there to catch it.
    79’ OUT Carlos Ruiz, IN Minor López

12. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    81’ Pappa with a fancy left-footed volley on target from outside the box, controlled by the GK
    82’ Avila has to come clear it again on a Bermuda attack on his side
    83’ Bermuda GK misjudges a ball he came out of the box for, Pappa controls but lobs it wide
    Guatemala killing time and not making much of an attempt to seal the deal at all.

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    #40 ChaChaFut, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    85’ OUT Jean Márquez, IN Brandon de León
    87’ FK for Bermuda quickly taken and a cross from the right is headed clear by Enoc. Bermuda all over now.
    88’ Contreras with space blasts it on goal from 35m, GK gives a rebound but no one is there to take it.
    89’ Enoc recovers a ball and the subsequent attack ends on Contreras and Campollo trying to win the ball in the opposite box but with the latter called offside.
    90+ Mejía offside. I missed when he came on.
    FULL TIME: Bermuda 0-1 Guatemala (0-1 Aggregate)
    My regards to the Bermuda NT who gave us a hell of a lot of trouble and who try and play decent football.
    Also my regards to the jackass cuban referee from the other day. :)

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Highlights

Was it Hernández with the assist?

EvanJ and edcalvi repped this.
  16. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    yes it was Moises, me voy a comprar una jersey de Moises!!