Bermuda gets USL team!!!

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by the shelts, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    MattBurlew was stating that D2 has lower travel costs irrespective of Bermuda. Flights from the mid-atlantic to Bermuda* are not necessarily that expensive, anyway. But flights from Montreal, Rochester, Puerto Rico, etc to Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, etc (and vice versa) are pricey. (For purposes of the 'survey', I picked a trip over the same dates for a single adult with no restrictions with a Saturday night stay)

From Charlotte to Bermuda - $367.
    From Cincinnati to Bermuda - $665
    From Pittsburgh to Bermuda - $353
    From Boston to Bermuda - $333
    From Philadelphia to Bermuda - $445

From Atlanta to Montreal - $906
    From Buffalo to Portland - $578 (no flights available from Rochester)
    From Charleston to Vancouver - $1151
    From Puerto Rico to Seattle - $???? could not find a good flight
    From Miami to . . .

I think it is safe to say that Division 2 (largely an East Coast phenomenon) would be a much cheaper alternative from a travel standpoint for a team from Bermuda. Flying from Bermuda to Vancouver, Puerto Rico, Montreal, etc would be cost-prohibative. Flying from Bermuda to teams in Harrisburg, Boston-area, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc is much more affordable.

2. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From some previous articles that I read (sorry can't find the links), Bermuda is going to the cover the travel costs from a point in the US to and from Bermuda. They were planning on paying for this through sponsorship. So I would imagine they are working on a deal with the national airline. The visiting team would be responsible for the travel costs to and from that point. The article also talked about how Bermuda would go on a one or two week road trip at a time.

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to Covid 19 FCBB have decided out of precaution to defer our entry year into the league to the 2022 season. In order to benefit from the incredible resources and opportunities that the USL affiliation affords a club, we will participate in the 2021 Academy Cup with U13 and U17 teams