Ben's Jersey on Ebay

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Lanky134, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
  2. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Since these auctions are based on the MOTM voting, I was worried that Eliseo was going to win every time. Why didn't they have Nelsen though! He was definitely the MOTM vs. Kansas...

But then again, I got his jersey for much less than $250...

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Damn, I really wish I had $250 or whatever it will end up at for my favorite players jersey. :(

4. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Dang nabit!!!!!

I spent more than that at the equipment sale. the 1st time I have gotten to go....just like a kid in a toy store.

Anyway I was lucky enough to find a Ben jersey before i went through the line and got it signed for/to my daughter by Ben.

5. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dropped plenty at the equipment myself.

6. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I bought a whole team worth of jerseys at the equipment sale and they were $70 rather than $250.

7. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    250 bucks, come on, 100 or 150 I would buy.

8. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    I would be all over this except that I'm now way over my DCU merchandise budget.

In case it makes a difference to anyone, Catherine Marquette from the DCU office did tell me awhile back that the winning bids on these jerseys minus the "cost" of it (about $80 I think) would be tax deductible because United For DC is a 501(c)3 organization.

Might make it worthwhile if you're itemizing on your return anyway. (I would double check my story though, to avoid potential disappointment)

9. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    $250? Ben still has a following even after 18 moths off. I wonder if it's washed. If not, there are probably a bunch of teenage girls cleaning out their piggy banks.

10. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Why do the small guys keep winning player of the match?

(Again, this does not mean that you should vote for McKinley.)

11. b1968k

b1968k New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Logan Circle, DC
    Equipment sale

I figure it is at the end of the year, but is there any type of announcement from DCUnited about the sale?

Thanks

12. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Equipment sale

Last Sunday at the Fanfest...............:(

13. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Re: Equipment sale

yeah, they had an equipment sale at the "Meet the Team" day out at Dave & Buster's on Sunday.

There was an enormous amount of stuff that they were trying to sell off, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do another one. Last year they had one in November or December (I can't remember which now), so they may also have one after the season's over sometime.