Benny Ohhhh.....!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by 4mybroRRT, Oct 1, 2003.

1. 4mybroRRT

4mybroRRT Member

Apr 10, 2001
    N. VA - DCU-land
    Dudes, I'm hurtin' Olsen. In a league full of 'Charlie Hustles', this guy is one of the few that truly had the natural futbol talent to match. Benny O. brings it EVERY match. Let's not forget he would have been the first REAL field player in the England Premiership and I believe heir apparent to Reyna. He was a fixture for Arena's side who would have most definitely played for the Cup last year - and would have scored too. Olsen was the first to get all the bandwagoneers excited about what MLS could really produce given the creativity, resources, and commitment. Olsen is the first Project-40 to have truly been a success and transform his game to the EPL. It's just sad because we sometimnes forget how muxch talent, drive, character, and work ethic this guy has and what he means to US Soccer. He's a true role model the league should market more often. Before there was ADU, CONVEY, DONOVAN, MATHIS, and BEASLEY---OLSEN brought it all first. He sets the tone for the team, especially the NATs. Frankly, there isn't one like him in the league. A Tribute to BENNY OH! Hang in there...see you in January,dude!

2. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    And Ben Olsen finds BigSoccer to keep him busy during his injury.

Someone had to do it. ;)

3. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Ben Olsen is a whining b!tch.

4. 4mybroRRT

4mybroRRT Member

Apr 10, 2001
    N. VA - DCU-land
    "Fire"men....you gotta love em. Looking forward to handing out your punishment in Nov,baby!

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but I also don't want to see anybody get all the injuries that he does. hope he gets well ....

6. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I thought the thread title was one of those fun 'Name the Caption' thingies for this picture:

[​IMG]

I guess I was wrong.

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    You are correct Monster. Between the appearence at the DC gay pride parade with his life partner Dema and the DNA test from the stain on Aimer's shirt coming back pointing to Benji's bodily fluids, I think we can discount Baby Ben as a role model.

9. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
  10. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    You Fire guys should ask Dave Sarachan what he thinks of Ben. Sarachan coached him in his days as a DC United assistant. I suspect his view will differ from yours.

11. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    When you sleep in your coach's basement, the view never changes.

12. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    ?????

13. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    When he was 'drafted' by DC, he stayed at his Uncle Brucey's house. Those P40s don't make a lot of money.

14. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Sounds like you could use some psychotherapy.