Benny for MVP!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by HSV Hooligan, Aug 1, 2002.

1. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the DC-Fire game tonight and saw something that was a sight for sore eyes. The first half was quite a bore (as was the rest of the game). There may have been only 2 shots on goal combined.

Second half starts, and in comes Benny. His first touch of the game was an attempted heal-over-the-head...it didn't quite work as planned, but within 2 minutes, Ben fired a shot from outside the box that narrowly missed, going just over the crossbar. This was DC's BEST scoring opportunity up to that point. Benny was everywhere. He created, he passed, he shot. He was not afraid to see what the ankle could do.

Needless to say, Benny was a huge spark to the game itself, because once he came in and started playing, everyone else on the field caught on and the second half was much more entertaining. Benny changed the entire complexion of the game.

So...here's to Benny for team MVP. He may not be 100%, but I feel sorry for any team that tries to stop him when he is. They are in for a long day.

2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    It's funny, last year he didn't play one bit and he was voted as an All-Star starter. This year he is playing and dangerous again, and we couldn't even vote for him.

3. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    It's great to have Benny back. I vote for Olsen as MVP-that-only-recently-began-playing-again-after-an-18-month-hiatus award.

4. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    That's workin' for me, too. I thought he gave the team a huge lift when he came in against New England last Saturday.

5. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    With another week of rest Ben should get even stronger.

When Moreno gets back the floodgates will open!