Bendtner the Diva???

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by aphex, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know. We all like the youngsters here. It's a pre-requisite for being an Arsenal fan now, I think. We all love the superstars Arsene makes.

2. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't give you rep, but this deserved some. Good work.

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lousy rep system. But seriously, with a scoring record like that he is warranting...nay, DEMANDING starts. Anyone who scores against Wrexham is aiming for the starts - whoops, I mean STARTS ;)

4. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think his record shows that he's earned a starting spot...

when we play one of those teams in the Carling Cup.

5. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I realize that there's more money there...players also cost a lot more than they did 2 years ago. It's just good business.

Anyway, we've been over this in several different threads. I think some fans like fiscal responsibility and some prefer established talent. Either way is fine as long as we don't end up like Leeds.

6. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well enough. I used to like the "good business" idea. Then I looked around and noticed that nobody makes money in football - that is, except for the people who sell their teams.

7. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ha .. :D ..

Ade's work rate is so high that the opposition defenders tend to lose concentration when he's around .. Bendtner could be a similar player but from the few games i've seen him play [last season], he looks kinda lazy, doesn't he ? And i think he's not faster than Ade also ..

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    scoring records? was bergkamp ever prolific really? did he make henry the player he was? possibly....one of the best strikers ever? likely

how prolific is ade? career wise vp isnt that prolific either

bendy is an assist man who can play out on a flank and come inside as a target man if he needs to

and anti, sometimes your a bit over the top with your sarcasm and know it all posts....having seen him in the flesh yes, i feel i am more qualified than you to say how good he is and how much potential is there

theres alot of bum licking going on in this thread OMG LOL HE CAN ONLY SCORE AGAINST WREXHAM LOLOLOL LMAO

REP REP HAVE A REP, I WILL SUCK YOUR INTERNETS SCHLONG

9. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bendtner has NOT done anything to warrant him demanding time on the field just yet - you can argue this anyway you want, but it is a fact, and is not open to interpretation.

We are 4 games into the season, and he is already thinks he needs to be getting ahead of rvp, ade, eduardo?

You may think none of them are prolific, but they HAVE achieved more then bendtner, and have been playing against higher level competition for longer.

Adebayors strike rate is the same as bendtner - but adebayor has got some clutch goals against teams like manutd, has 1.5 seasons of premiership experience, ligue 1 experience, and world cup experience - surely bendtner cannot be starting ahead of him just yet.

RVP is the best young dutch attacker(winger/forward) and has scored some insane goals. His goal tally last season was as good as henry's for the short stretch he was available - is bendtner more qualified to be starting above him? I think not.

Eduardo has european club competition experience, and scored 3x as many goals last season in a league of about equal difficulty to where bendtner played. Eduardo has also been billed as croatia's best player, and has been scoring constantly for the national team. Bendtner is not even Denmark's first choice striker yet. There is no way he gets a place ahead of eduardo either.

Bendtner needs to sit down and shut up. He is the 4th striker, and we are 4 games into the season. Injuries will occur, that is where he will get his shot. He needs to learn his place in the team, and be patient.

Bendtner is the most disposable player on this squad right now(song not included) - we wouldn't care less if he left. We do have the hleb in the hole option if we do run into striker injuries along the way.

10. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I think you're the only one here that's saying Bendtner should be starting over our other strikers. We all want him to become a world-class striker, but at this exact moment he's not better that what we have. He was an unused sub in Denmark's last game and played 40 min in their draw with Sweden. I think you need to be less emotionally involved and more rational with your appraisal of his talent.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, i laughed. I kind of got that gist as well. :p

But I disagree that Bendndnnter is disposable; once those winter fixtures come along, we'll need all the strikers we can get. The chances that Ade and RVP can play every game are very very low, and what if Dudu gets injured? The more strikers the better.

But it is the case, that if he is demanding stuff of Wenger, it's a major problem.

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

What makes me laugh TBM is that because nobody seems to agree with you that Bendtner (or Bendy, what is it you're talking about when you say that) is an uber-god, you claim this thread has descended into a bum lick fest. It's not, its just that nobody is hyping up performances in a lower league as much as you are.

And once again, you may have seen him in the flesh, but not in the Premiership. Get real, there is a big, BIG difference between the leagues.

So in conclusion, wipe away the tears, and come up with a rational argument before constantly recycling your posts in the same manner as a 13-year old.

13. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    And that is where the Arsenal hypocrites come in. When posters tried to bring up that point with Eduardo they get called down. *shakes head*

Bendtner is a fine player and if he stays patient will partner RvP in the future. It just might be another year or two. To me, he has a higher ceiling than Adebayor, Dudu, and Walcott. We'll see how it plays out but the Boss is good at dealing with these types of situations.

14. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    I think the difference is that Eduardo has been making a name for himself in the Euro 08 qualifying games, while Bendtner has mostly been on the bench.

I don't know much about the Croatian League, but assuming it's on par with the Colaship then Eduardo's stats dwarf Bendtner's accomplishments thus far. (34 in 32 to 11 in 42)

15. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good point, but inconsistant standards in an Arsenal forum... You should be used to that by now.

Truth is though, there is a bit of a difference - the international and international club competitions that Eduardo has excelled in - not to mention that opposed to simply being mediocre in a lower division, he set their all-time scoring record, I believe.

But the point remains. People will use whatever paradigm best serves their argument at the moment. You should expect nothing more.

A better point remains though - that Bendtner has done nothing to warrant the high ceiling people afford him. And that even if he has this high ceiling, does that mean we should play him? No.

Sometimes I think we're so youth obsessed at Arsenal that within a couple years the fans will be calling to put in the 15 year olds because they're all future superstars and we're holding back their progression by not playing them in the EPL right away.

16. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Bendtner is 19. 19. And he already has a few starts and goals under his belt for the Danes. You know where Dudu was at 19? Wasn't at Dinamo and certainly wasn't playing for a senior National side.

The vast majority of clubs in the Croatian league is more in line with League One and not with the Championship IMO.

The point is that people should stop slating Bendtner's record so far because at his age, it's damn good.

Outside of Messi, you can't name a striker at his age with his record on the National and club level. I might be forgetting one, but they are rare.

17. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't matter where Dudu was at 19... What matters is where he is and how good he is right now compared to where Bendtner is and how good he is right now.

18. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Right and I've already said that he should be patient. But we've got people on this thread saying he is "disposable". Excuse me?

Posters need to take into perspective his record and his age. He has a bright future and he is confident in himself. That same confidence will do this club a lot of good in the near future.

Cut him some slack.

19. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Damn good? There are many 19 year olds doing that he is doing. The only reason he even makes the bench for his national team is because they are bad - Croatia are far superior to Denmark.

He is not some prodigy like Messi and Cesc that can demand time ahead of 3 established strikers - that is what it comes down to.

Being 19 used to mean something, but these days, and especially on this team - a 19 year old striker who has yet to prove himself and has already begun whining? Totally disposable.

We don't need to cut him slack because he is "young". He is 19, he is expected to be a professional, and know his place on the team. There are many young players on this team who are his age, or close to it - and you don't see them moaning. 11 championship goals in 40+ games is not some great achievement. If he had scored any less he probably would have been out of here this summer.

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol at you calling me a 13 year old girl skizz, you probably actually care about your net rep, do u regard modding forums as a profession? your on here more than the bigsoccer banner.... boasting about female conquests and 'crude' chat up lines is mature?

im defending a player who i think has massive talent and potential and is a real prospect! he needs game time this season....and not just in the carling cup

my opinion differs to others, whod have thought on a forum? dont u people want discussions and even arguements instead of 100 random threads about 'cesc pistols' and ones about celebrities who like arsenal?

rewinder you are an idiot, do u even know anything about football or do u just moan about arsenal all day?

and who cares if ade scores 4 goals a season if he gets at least 1 against a top 4 club! even when we finish 4th...lol at the term clutch goal, we arnt talking about reggie miller here people

balletti got the winner in the champs league final vs us! must be an awesome player cus he can score a 'clutch' goal

the point has been raised about weaker leagues, everyones on eduardos tip for scoring vs eastern european labourers who play football part time, but the championship sucks?

21. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I myself am one of the posters who feel he is disposable. I don't see this gigantic ceiling. He's been pushed along the path because of his size and physicality. People too often associate how early a player makes an appearance and an impact with the player's potential.

In the realm of superstar striker prospects, he is merely a spectator like the rest of us.

I don't care for him, I've admitted, I wouldn't mind us getting rid of him in a deal that was beneficial to us. I don't go to sleep at night thinking of ways to get him off the team, but he's just not anyone I even consider when thinking about the squad. It's not that he's a bad player, I just think we could do much better.

And honestly, the dane stuff... Making a few appearances for the Danes at 19 is a good accomplishment, but to think he's better than others who haven't been capped merely because he has is ludicrous. Players for Brazil, Argentina, Spain, England, Italy, France etc. have little chance of being capped so young in any kind of meaningful game unless they're an absolute once-in-a-generation prodigy or the national team runs oddly short at one specific position or has an injury crisis.

22. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Almost everyone on our team has massive potential - they still have to wait their turn, and prove their worth to the team before they can lay a claim for meaningful playtime.

He will get time to prove himself outside of the carling cup later on in the season - if 4 games is too much time to wait, then his attitude is not welcome, and I'd kick his 6'5 danish ass to the curb.

23. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All this because of a mistranslated quote from an unreliable source. THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS!!! BACK UP OVER HIM AGAIN!!!!! NOBODY DARES SLIGHT THE MIGHTY ARSENAL (even if he may not have even done it)!!!!!!!

Bendtner will lead the Carling Cup in scoring this year...but his time is the future, not now

24. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I get the feeling our carling cup run will be over after the first game. We will probably field a second string team against big sam's full strength newcastle team. Owen and Martins will do a number on Senderos, and send us crashing out early.

25. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow this thread spiraled down the poop shoot quickly.

Bendtner for president! :D

Anyhow im hijacking the thread. I really wish we would have bought another CB because our defense right now is getting shuffled more then a pack of cards.