Bench kids: Denny (Stoke/Sunderland), DeMerit (Watford/West Ham) (R) 11/27

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jri, Nov 27, 2004.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Denny makes the bench again for Stoke in home match vs. Sunderland (Jay been on the bench several times this year- good on ya' Jay).

Watford jumps out to a 2-0 shock lead at West Ham. DeMerit NOT on the bench today, but lately Watford been playing as if final 6 spot IS possible, and a win today may put them in a tie for it as well...

DeMerit possibly in the Premiership a little more then a year after being at non-league Northwood....as Sammy Sosa would say....."Cooooooooooood be" :) (and THAT would be some story)...

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot one.

Tim Howard is on the bench for Manure.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what is with Frank Simek, haven't seen his name lately is he injured ?

4. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    his month loan was up at QPR and was returned to Arsenal. I think there will be a good chance we see him against Man Utd in the upcoming league cup game. It would be pretty cool if Spector, Howard, Rossi, Simek, and Karbassiyoon all play.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    If ever a US network should by the TV rights to a non-final League Cup match, this would be it.

6. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Sandon, you are flattering us. A blank TV screen would get better ratings. No one cares soccer on TV outside World Cup, and maybe Mia (and at one point Freddy)...just the way it is...

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Dude, I'm not talking about ABC or NBC. I'm, talking about Fox Sports World, GolTV or Galavision.

I mean, if the FUTSAL World Championships and the various U-whatevers can be shown on TV, I think a cup game between two of the world's most famous teams featuring several Americans might get some interest from stations that already show lots of footie.

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Dude, I'm not talking about ABC or NBC. I'm, talking about Fox Sports World, GolTV or Galavision or one of the other Hispanic networks.

I mean, if the FUTSAL World Championships and the various U-whatevers can be shown on TV, I think a cup game between two of the world's most famous teams featuring several Americans might get some interest from stations that already show lots of footie.

9. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Oh, I'm cool w/that (Fox Sports World's ratings are below UPN's "America's Best Videos produced by Midgets in the Dark on a Thursday")....

10. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Thats great that Denny is getting time on the bench.He will have to have a good U-20 WYC next year if he wants a starting job or Playing time. This year he might not get more than 5 matches with actual Playing time.Maybe next year Denny will get some time on the field.

11. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Simek played 88 minutes for Arsenal reserves on Nov 22 (Karbassiyoon played 90).
    The reserves play today (11/29) at Charlton. If Simek and/or Karbassiyoon don't play today that would be a good sign that they will play in the Carling Cup on Wednesday. :)

12. cumonref

cumonref New Member

Watford are playing Stoke this coming Saturday so lets keep our fingers crossed!