Ben Olsen

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Forest Boys!!!!, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Forest Boys!!!!

Forest Boys!!!! New Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Nottingham England
    Hi all you DC United fans!! I'd thought Id find your forum as i'm interested to see how Ben Olsen is doing. He had a great time with us at Nottingham Forest we wish him all the best and hope to see him with us again!!!
    So how is your season doing??

2. bbarrie

bbarrie New Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Charleston, SC
    he's playing great for about 20 - 30 minutes a game as he's struggling to get back to match fitness. he's been a wonderful burst of energy and creativity when inserted in the second half lately.

unfortunately, at his current rate of recovery, he should be at his game fitness for the playoffs -- which he'll be able to watch from the comfort of his own home.

3. SOCCERCHICK92503

SOCCERCHICK92503 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    I actually posted a thread just like this a week ago, Im pretty sure its on the second page by now, so look for a thread that says Ben Olsen and has my screen name next to it, and you can get other peoples answers too!

4. Forest Boys!!!!

Aug 15, 2002
    Nottingham England
    Thanks for that!! Hope your lads do well theres plenty of Tricky Trees back in Nottingham who wish DC United and Ben Olsen all the best!!

5. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Tricky Trees? Is that the term for fans of Forest?

6. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Yes, well he really hasn't played for us much either since he last played for Forest. He got injured there and has only started playing again in the last three games.

It might interest you to note that he was voted into the All-Star game last year (the fans vote for the most popular players in the league, theoretically on their performance, but actually just on popularity) despite not playing last season.

7. Forest Boys!!!!

Aug 15, 2002
    Nottingham England
    Yeah Tricky Trees is one of our nicknames!!! Its good to here that Ben Olsen is popular over there as he is here!!!
    Don't know if this interests any of you in anyway but Eddie Lewis is set for a move to Preston North End from Fulham!

8. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    that is great nottingham fans support ben and united. i know lots of teams in europe have "friendly" teams in other leagues. maybe nottingham should be a "friendly team" of united. i am planning on some games in england and holland this year, mostly to u.s. abroad, but would love to see forest too.

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Hey... I've been over to the Forest boards recently.

Don't give up the ghost yet... it's still a long season.

Sachin

10. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Uncle Phil can step in and buy them as well :)

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forest can't have Ben back - they broke him last time. ;)