Ben Olsen on DC101

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John_Harkes_6, Nov 15, 2004.

1. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Elliot will have Ben Olsen on air tomorrow. Not sure what time or whether he will be live in studio - although when they talked last week Elliot said he wanted Ben to come into the studio after theywon to drink champaign with him.

History would say Ben will be on somewhere between 7:30-8:30

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Does DC101 have an internet broadcast, or is it over the air only?

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Air only - sorry. They had something about two years ago but it never worked and I think they finally just yanked it.

4. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Ah Olsen, putting the "Ben" in bender! I suppose this is all part of his plan to "get nasty for a couple weeks." ;)

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I heard last week's interview Saturday morning about 10am. Perhpas that means it will once again be re-aired? If so I have no clue when or if this is normal practice for them.

6. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    They run "Best of" on Saturdays. Usually clips from the previous week

7. Sinderella

Sinderella New Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Odenton, MD
    Craig (one of the sidekicks) said that Ben will most likely be on the phone but Elliott did mention to Craig to get him into the studio by the end of the week so they can pop open some champagne together and have a toast.

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights from the interview:

1. Benny sounded horrible. Said he can't party like he used to. He was incredibly hoarse.
    2. Said he was in running for MVP of the post-game party, but Jaime came up big in the end.
    3. Said the team talked a good game about partying on the plane, but everyone just crashed.
    4. Said someone at the airport got pissed thatthey weren't in such an up mood, which he blamed on hangovers.
    5. He HATES the name Real Salt Lake.
    6. He indicated that most of the protected group will be forwards and midfielders.
    7. Convey called him and a few others before the game to wish them luck. Ben said the team will "take care" of everyone who was on the team during the year in regards to a share of the winner's bonus. But his share might only cover a car payment. :D
    8. His off-season plans include Albright's bachelor party in Vegas. :eek:

I had to bolt before he finished, but they were wrapping up so probably not a whole lot more.

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I thought most were in a great mood, or maybe now we just know who doesn't get hangovers ;)

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking with Prideux last night at the baggage claim, and he said they had a late night on Sunday (obviously), but that they were rallying for another party last night. I looked around at all the hangovers and thought "right".

Albright's bachelor fling in Vegas should be one for the ages.

11. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Elliott also askd Ben where Freddie was when they were all getting liquored up on Friday night. Ben seemed to indicate he was with the team but when Elliott asked if he snuck him in - Ben said Freddie wasn't there and was probably off celebrating elsewhere :D

12. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    I thought it had more to do with the RIAA wanting fees charged for every song simulcast over the internet as well as over the air.

I know a ton of radio stations stopped simulcasting over the net after that. Can't afford to pay both places when the net brings in $0 revenue.