Ben Olsen....classless jerk

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Aimer. Northend Diva, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awww.... I'm so touched you noticed I was gone.

You know, I only came back cuz I missed you so much sweetie!

2. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I can't believe the morons on here who are defending a player that spit on somebody just because she "heckled" him...actually I do believe it when I see that the people doing the defending are DC fans and Aimer-bashers who never post on this board.

Anyway, it did happen--not only did Amy tell Bill, who was standing right in front of me, about it (I wasn't really paying attention because there was a DC corner kick going on at the time, but I heard most of what was said), but my uncle, who has no clue who "Aimer, Northend Diva" is, also saw it.

I've said much worse things than "where's your diaper, Olsen" to players and I've never been spit on--flipped off a few times, but never spit on.

Remember last year when Mamadou Diallo spit on a fan in (I think) Colorado?? Diallo claimed that the fan called him a racial slur, which (if it happened) is still not an excuse for spitting, but it's a lot worse than asking Ben Olsen where his diaper is. And everyone on these boards jumped all over Diallo for that (rightfully so).

My opinion is that, if anyone other than Amy had been spit on, threads would pop up all over BigSoccer naming Ben Olsen the Antichrist. Like what she says on the boards or don't like it, you can't defend a player spitting on a fan in response to a verbal insult.

Alex

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yes it would. You'd better GD well believe it would. Especially from this corner. Considering that LanDo already has about 40 yards more class than BenBoy is one of the biggest reasons why I wouldn't tolerate it.

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please! Landon Donovan? Spit at a fan? Please! Talk about utter and complete crap.

Where are these people (defenders of downright vile acts) coming from?

5. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    If you spit on a cop you run the risk of being arrested for assault, no joke, it's in the books. Bodily fluids can be just as dangerous now as any other form of attack. To respond to a juvenile verbal taunt with that kind of action shows us what a control problem this classless turd truly has.
    Let's hope the Quakes kick the snot out of DC when they visit that cesspool on the 31st.

6. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Not that it is any of your business, or anybody elses for that matter, but my fellow Divas and I are just fine, thank you. I agree that what Ben did was wrong in every way...but I dont agree that taking it onto a public message board is, when all it seems to be doing is allowing people who dont know him to make assumptions of the man before they ever really do get to knwo him. I'm nto saying that Ben was in the right, all I'm saying is that there is a difference in soething of this sort happening, and taking care of it in a professional, adult manner....and making it a huge thing for everyone and their mother to see and b#tch about. That's all.

And unlike some people here (Not refering to you specifically, or anybody else for that matter), my fellow divas and I respect each other's opinions, and realize that not everybody thinks the same way. It's a fact of life. You either learn to deal with it, or you are miserable. I cose to live with it and be understanding.

7. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple, a player does not spit back at a fan, no matter if they have been heckled. Doesn't matter who the fan is--you don't spew Gatorade or saliva back.

Had Benny fired a verbal taunt or the New York sign of affection was fired back, that's justified. Plain and simple--part of the game.

In an otherwise great comeback game, this becomes much ado...

Players who have spat at fans have been fined in the past--should be the case here.

If heckling isn't all right at games, then there should be signs posted that no form of expression is allowed. Just go to a game, sit down, be with no emotion, and leave. Might has well be a polo game or a Wimbledon match where no one cheers.

The players are professionals, they should be able to take the verbal jousting by either ignoring it or responding in kind with a similar verbal retort. Any physical confrontation is grounds for discipline.

It's merely an issue of prejudice because of the principals involved. The league should settle this very quietly with them involved. Otherwise, it's a non-issue on the boards, especially for someone who otherwise had a great game--rather to chat about that.

Player "violence" towards fans is not acceptable no matter who they are.

8. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    I wouldn't be bitching if he fired the F-bomb at me, called me a bitch, flew me the finger, whatever, but he hurled body fluid at me!!

And the DOD is strong as ever....Linds wasn't there. She also has a right to her own opinion. I like Mario Gori, but there are still some who have grudges against him because of events that took place years ago. I missed my Linds on Sat :(

9. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simply amazing that you can be stupid enough to condone this behavior. Players taunt each other on the field, anyone who has played virtually any sport knows that, and sometimes it can be a lot nastier than anything coming from the stands. If a player reacts by spitting on his opponent he gets a red card, the strongest message a ref can send that the behavior is unacceptable. But in your book it's OK to spit on a fan for what was a fairly mild taunt. To use your own words, "Utter and complete crap"

10. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Ben Olsen....classless jerk

Now that is assuming that refs are human :D Only PETA could defend a bad ref.

11. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Actually that comment was tainted by gatorade spit.....had nothing to do with glasses. If a Quake player spit at a Galaxy fan i'd lose all respect for that player....EVEN if it was Topper. :D

12. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Olsen chose to spit at her, possibly before 11,000 fans at Spartan and an ESPN audience. How much more public can you get??? Like Yalp says.....how much effort would you want to put into getting to know a person that spits on people......it really does speak volumes about his character.

13. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I have no sympathy for someone who goes out of their way to be obnoxious to a player. It's one thing to sit in the stands and voice your opinion in good fun, but it's another thing entirely to seek that player out and taunt him personally, in this case so close that Ben was able to reach her with Gatorade.

I'm not condoning what Ben may have done, but neither can I accept this "who, little old innocent me?" crap from Aimer.

One more thing: you wouldn't have DC United fans on your board defending Ben if Aimer hadn't cross -posted to the DC board under the title "Ben Olsen - Classless Jerk". That was a troll, plain and simple, not unlike her baiting of Ben.

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I don't mind DC fans in here posting on this issue. I actually appreciate it. It proves what morons you guys are when you defend a guy that spits on fans. We are close to the field in SJ, it's actually a nice feature of Spartan Stadium to be that close to the field. It was a DC United player that spit on her so why not post it on the DC board. If a Quake player spit on someone I would wanna know. You guys have mods, if you don't like it, close the thread.

15. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > proves what morons you guys are when you
    > defend a guy that spits on fans

You might have missed it, but we had a thread where a women was berating Barclay to his face saying he was the reason the Quakes did not win. People on this board said she deserved a beat-down.

16. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    It really cracks me up that there are people that are bothered by hecklers at a soccer match. We torment Serna and he hasn't scored since before the "Agoos" incident. Quake fans take great pleasure when he is shown the RED or even when he misses a sitter and we let him know it. People that don't heckle seem to enjoy it and MOST opposing players just have fun with it. Some flip the bird, some laugh and shake there head, Ian Woan claims to have had my mom.....ewwwww.

I guess what i'm saying is, Serna has more class than Olsen.

17. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Quake fans should have heckled her.....It is obvious that the Quakes problems right now are waaaaaay bigger than an average P-40 sub with a shaved head. Barclay showed class by walking away. Maybe with the shaved head she thought he was Ibsen. :D

18. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I pulled this from the DC board's sister thread of this one and I know it doesn't help aimers cause but I was entertained. :D

[deleted by moderator]

That's funny.

19. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    You people will abe cheering Olsen once he is back on the nats.

20. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but I hear spitting would get him a red card.

21. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have - three times already.

Now that you've called me a moron, even though I plainly stated that I did not condone what Ben had done, how about addressing the lack of class on Aimer's part?

22. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Topper playing for Earthquakes ... what a great idea ! :)

23. megs2

megs2 New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Missouri
    I think it's all right to heckle players if they understand or have played soccer, but it pisses me off when people heckle and they dont even know what the hell they are talking about. I've been to numerous games where people yell at the refs and players and they don't even know what a yellow card is.

24. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Claymore wins a prize. First BS poster to use the words "innocent" and "Aimer" in the same sentence.

25. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This thread is the best i've seen in about 2 months on BS! [​IMG]