BEIN Sports cont..

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not put a La Liga game on beIN Sport en Espanol? La Liga probably appeal to more Spanish speaking people than Serie A.

2. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will only be two weekends like this one with 12PM and 2:45pm ET games that will conflict with Barcelona or Real Madrid games. If I'm not mistaken starting from the weekend of September 16, the Serie A schedule changes to 9AM ET (changes again to 10AM ET after Oct 28th) games with ALL GAMES SCHEDULED AT THE SAME TIME for both Saturdays & Sundays. There will be 2:45pm ET games on Wednesdays though. In that case I'm hoping we will be able to see one LIVE Serie A game on both days be it at 9/10 AM ET. It really sucks that the Serie A has scheduled ALL Saturday & Sunday games at 9AM ET because that means beIN will pick one game & put the rest on tape delay. That is unless they start their authenticated online streaming service soon.

3. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I like the fact all USA away qualifiers will be on BEIN. Beats Pay-per-view any day of the week.

drt2k3 repped this.
  4. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The schedule works out this way for the first two Serie A weekends. And for these two beIN is showing all (i.e 2) available Serie A games on Saturday.

Sundays, there is one early (12PM) Serie A game, AC Milan vs Sampdoria this week, and that conflicts with both the 11AM PSG and 1PM Barca games. So, if they choose to show it LIVE then they won’t be able to show the PSG & Barca games LIVE (i.e. two games lost in order to show one Serie A game). The 3pm ET Madrid game, on the other hand, conflicts with the remaining Serie A games which are all scheduled for 2:45pm.

Knowing that they can NOT show French Ligue games on beIN2 (Spanish) b/c they do not have the Spanish rights and not expecting them to show a Barcelona/ Real Madrid game on the Spanish channel only b/c most people, like myself, don't subscribe to a Spanish package I don't see how they can show additional Serie A games LIVE for the first two weekends. Remember, the 3rd LIVE LaLiga game is not conflicting with any Serie A or Ligue 1 game. It is a bonus for US TV viewers this year b/c the Spanish FA has screwed up and decided to schedule games starting at 11PM Spanish time. Fans in Spain are already complaining about the late start and the stadiums were empty for those late games thus their FA may decide to reschedule those games.

5. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not for us cable subscribers, at least not yet.:(

6. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Better hope Cable gets it before Septemeber 7th then.
    If not go to a local bar or restaurant. They almost all have Direct TV nowadays.

7. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yea only ONE channel for 3 leagues is not good...they sholuld leave Serie A with Fox , too many time conflicts every weekend.. Barça y Madrid allways have priority

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Correct, the first two match days are not the usual mode for Serie A as games are played in the evening to avoid the heat. That changes on the third match day where likely there will be a noon match followed by the usual 3:00 set of games and the evening highlight at 8:45 (all Italian times). Lega Calcio usually works with Sky Sports to determine who plays the featured matches at noon and 8:45. The matches selected for Saturdays will work around the CL schedule for the teams involved (Juve, Milan and maybe Udinese). If a team has a CL match on Tuesday, then it will play its league fixture on Saturday.

9. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys are forgetting that we might see them available online this weekend..

10. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox may have shown more LIVE Serie A games for the first two weekends only but I don't see how they can show more LIVE Serie A games after the 3rd match weekend since right now the Serie A schedule shows 9AM games only for both Saturdays and Sundays. So, Fox would have been able to show one LIVE Serie A game each day like beIN will hopefully do (even that is if there is no overlapping EPL game).

11. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know much about Serie A schedules but right now the available Serie A schedule shows 9AM games only for both Saturdays and Sundays. Does the league have one match start time only per day or is that gonna change as we near the group stages for the CL?

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The league announces a few weeks ahead which games will be moved. The schedule as you see it now is just based on match days, so everyone is scheduled for 9:00 am eastern (3:00 Italian time). The games that are selected to be moved to Saturday or the feature evening one on Sunday are based on several factors. One has to do with who plays on Tuesday for the CL. Those teams will definitely play on Saturday and sometimes even on Friday. The Sunday night fixture will usually involve high profile teams. Don't expect Pescara-Sampdoria to be that game on Sunday evening of 16 September.

13. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They better start otherwise there will be too many pissed off college attending fans of Laliga & Serie A. ESPN3 was great for FREE streaming matches on campus. Now most won't be able to watch either league on TV or online. I'm done with school but in similar situation:mad:.

Where are Cantona and Oliver when you need them? I want to know whether I'm getting beIN on my cable provider anytime soon. I'm already tired of going over to a friend's place to watch Barca on DirectTV.

14. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Hmm.

The online thing has me thinking.

Maybe Bein should start working on an app deal with Xbox, Wii, Ps3...

15. forzajuve1897

forzajuve1897 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ok so is it me or does it seem that beIN would rather show all the Real and Barca games "live" regardless of the crap teams they play than any Serie A game????

for someone who doesnt really care for La Liga that much, it was actually great to have GolTV and FSC showing la liga and serie A respectively as one could switch back and forth between channels or have the channel in channel view and watch both games at same time!

i think beIN got too greedy with trying to "monopolize" the whole situation, ideally i think they should BUY GolTV and put the La Liga games back on GolTV as the infrastructure/contracts are already there with the providers thus making it easier to work out a deal for BeIN which could then have the Serie A and Ligue Un games

I think although beIN has the financial backing to do and outbid everyone, they lack the organization, i mean HOW do you satisfy the many US soccer fans that are either fans of La Liga, Serie A or Ligue Un????? that's 3 leagues going on at the same time, all in Europe????

I havent looked at the schedules, but what if Juve V Inter , Milan V Inter, Barca V RM, OL v PSG or ANY other combination of great derby matches are going on at same time as it has sometimes in the past????

there will be MANY pissed off fans!

maybe we should get beIN to hire actual REAL football supporters rather than some number crunchers and paper pushers that actually understand the game and what it is exactly FANS WANT!!?!?!

16. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    With all the programming and conflict talk of clubs teams and schedules...

...Now that BEIN has the rights to the USA and CONCACAF WCQ's (except Mexico) there will also be a conflict in programming on FIFA Dates.

I would suppose the US match gets priority then South America then the CONCACAF but who knows? Also the streaming may help out a bit as previously mentioned, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

17. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    October 7th is very interesting as it features Real vs Barca and Inter vs AC Milan. I would be pissed if any of these two games are not available live.

18. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    From Week 3’s round to be played on September 15 and 16, the League will revert to two Saturday evening kick-off windows of 12pm and 2.45pm and three Sunday kick-off slots of 6.30am, 9am and 2.45pm, all Italian time

19. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Cable & satellite TV?
    What's that?
    ;)

That's the funniest thing about this thread, 43 pages dedicated to the old media approach of broadcasting via satellite/cable tv.
    Most people want to know if BEIN content can see a'la carte on their laptop/tablet/smartphone/game console/etc...
    until it can be than most people won't care about it because it's not convenient.

20. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Oh yeah, La Liga "crap" teams had two teams in the semis of the Champions League and THREE teams in the semis of the Europa League, how many teams did the "magnificent" Italian teams placed again? What? It's more complicated when you can't buy the refs?...

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be mad that the last time Real won the CL was 10 years ago. Speaking of 10 years, it's not like Spain's dominated the CL the past 10 years, 4 wins compared to Serie A's 3 wins.

And yeah, La Liga is a two horse race, the real fight is for who winds up 3rd.

KensingtonSC repped this.
  22. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Nice try. But, I'm not talking about the top two in Spain, whose quality nobody is disputing.

I'm talking about the "other" teams being crappy. The only reason they are not contenders is because they play in the same league as Real and Barca, in other leagues, a number of those "crappy" teams would be contenders. Therefore they are not really crappy, they are made to look crappy by the world 's two superteams.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a time the UEFA Cup was dominated by German teams, then Italian teams. Now it's Spanish teams. One thing you need to realize, in Italy nobody cares about the Europa League. Team owners have actually came out and said that they'll field a b team so they can focus on the league instead. It's hurt Italy in the coefficients, but it is what it is. The CL is where it's at, and the past decade or so, that's all the Italian teams care about. Sad to say, but it's true.

The Potter repped this.
  24. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a coincidence! That's exactly the same deal I have with Victoria Secret models. I just don't care about them, otherwise I would have them groveling at my feet. If you don't see them like that, it's because I don't want to. Otherwise....

25. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have a funny definition of the word "most". You even said it yourself, 43 pages dedicated and only a few posts about streaming to devices.

Look up "Most" in the dictionary. You might discover it does not mean "me" or "I".

UEFAJason and Galactico 2.0 repped this.