beIN Sports 2019-2020

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like a bug. I'd contact bein or clear data/cookies on the app and try again

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point. One I was unaware of until last night when I watched my very first highlights of any lockdown football. In the Sevilla derby they rendered fake people in the seats opposite the main camera. But they didn't do this for the other camera angles, which seemed to make it all the more obvious that the other rendering was fake.

Not sure why if they do the simulation for one camera angle (e.g. the main stand by the 50yd line) they can't do it for the other camera angles (e.g the end zone stand). Maybe budget limitations lead to this?

But frankly, I still think I'd rather see & hear things naturally as they are. (but I'll try to be open-minded to the audio-visual effects that are done with the EPL and MLS matches, which represent 90+% of the footy I watch)

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Very upsetting that Bein didn't show two big relegation games this morning. So annoyed.

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My browser is set so it redirects to Fios and logs in automatically, so I don't have enter my Fios username and password. Can you make your browser do that? The sports streaming that I get through Fios that gives me the most errors is Fox Sports Go.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They need some content for Bein sports xtra channel.
    It will be shown tonight.

6. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Typical Bein. They’d rather show 90 in 30s during that time. They probably are mad that there is no dirt bike racing they can put on over euro football.

Not sure why they needed to make those xtra exclusives because isn’t that an ota station in only a few small markets?

HDSports repped this.
  7. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Xtra is also on Pluto, Xumo, Samsung TVs and Rokus

I can't argue with that. It's a free channel

8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    If you go to beinsportsxtra.com and scroll ALL the way down to the logos that carry extra, just click on any of the logos except for Samsung and you will have the stream for xtra.

9. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I posted something about this when BEinSportsXtra was rolled out, but I'd be curious to see if this is still the case:

I receive it over the air (in Chicago 24-2) and the football matches are ALWAYS really poor picture quality. Lots of pixelization, etc... When they have studio shows or kiteboard racing (!) the picture is HD quality. So I don't think it is something with my antenna placement.

When I watch Xtra on the Roku channel it is fine, HD quality all the time. I tend to DVR a lot of matches so it is kind of annoying with the poor quality.

I thought at first it may have been a matter of a (typical) BeIN half-a$$ed rollout. But now I'm not so sure. Anyone else have this experience with the over-the-air signal?

10. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have channel on OTA in Miami and the Feed is fine. I watched the two morning games with ease really

11. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Kinda disappointed for the second week running BeIN isn't showing any additional Ligue 1 matches on the Connect channels during the windows when there are multiple matches, like this morning at 9 Eastern when 3 were going on.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  12. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Has there been anything on Connect lately? Fubo now only has those channels up when there is a game on. Sling has them up 24/7. The weird thing is that Fubo has the 11 TUDN XTRA channels up 24/7, and there has rarely been anything on them for months, and when there is, it has been only on channels 1 or 2, although the 11 channels are mostly used for Europa and Champions League games.

Did anyone check the BEIN SPORTS XTRA channel for Ligue 1 this weekend?

13. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They've been showing the early (7AM Eastern) Ligue 1 match on Sunday on there two weeks running. Not on Connect though.

14. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Max Bretos is calling the Wilstermans- Paranaense Copa Lib match on Bein right now. I thought he was working for espn but I always enjoyed his calling of South American matches.

15. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He still is. Hes just doing this for the international broadcaster via freelance

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Loved Max on the Argentine matches and highlight shows on FSC back in the day

bigtw64 and Mikebsiu repped this.
  17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone notice that the Bein connect channels aren’t showing Libertadores on Fanatiz even though they are listed?

18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  19. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I watched them on Sling. The connect channels had the alternate audio. The main Bein Spanish language channel games were available in English on connect and the main Bein English language channel games were available in Spanish on connect.

20. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How come no River vs São Paulo?

21. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Its tomorrow, no?

InterFan76 repped this.
  22. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bein connect app for android not working for months!..
    also unable to watch clearly on my computer..I cant get rid of this dark wallpaper:mad:

upload_2020-9-28_1-36-12.png

23. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Is it too much to ask BeIn to update their broadcast schedule for the weekend's offerings on BeinSportsXtra by Friday?

All the programming guide says is "Soccer."

24. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If you ever wondered how Bein could possibly get any worse, they’ve somehow found a way. Renowned La Liga expert (sarcasm) Kaylin Kyle is doing commentary with Phil Schoen on the Atletico Madrid match. So poor.

HomietheClown repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    She is pretty bad.

But is she that much worse than Metellus or Rongen?