Begging Time

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Jan 1, 2006.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.3rddegree.net/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&show=1089

It's that time of year again, the time that 3rd Degree comes begging to finance our 4th Annual FCD Spring Road Trip. FC Dallas General Manager Michael Hitchcock says this year the team is going to Spain and the England. I will go a step farther and say it's around March 2nd to March 16th the team will be overseas.

Last year 3rd Degree managed to raise just short of $2000 to finance our trip and this year our expectations are similar. The good news is the exchange rate is more in our favor this year. The bad news is that the England portion will raise the costs as England in normal hotels and restaurants will be more expensive than the resort in Spain which is set up for the large group. The two segments also breaks up the stay into multiple hotels, which again makes it more expensive.

I figure about $100 a night will be typical and is an average I can plan around, although that will probably mean discount hotels near the team in the UK. That makes hotels for the trip roughly $1400. My real job thankfully got the frequent flyer miles for the flight, but it was a bit of a doozy in miles with the three legs. Ad in food, miscellaneous travel expenses, and anything unforeseen and it should give me a bottom target of about $2000 if I can manage the entire thing on about $50 a day in extra expenses.

Over the last nine years 3rd Degree has been offering top notch coverage of the FC Dallas, and we feel the top coverage in all of MLS, all out of our own pocket. This is not a operation that makes money. All the ads you see are trades for services it takes to run our set up.

If you have enjoyed our work in the past then we ask now if you would be willing to make a donation via Pay Pal. https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busin...ing=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US

At $20 per person it will take 100 supporters of this site to make the $2000. If you can't swing $20, I are more than willing to take anything you are willing to give, heck $1 is great. In fact the trip this year will be 17 days for myself (I am leaving one day before the team), $20 is just over a $1 a day. How about it, is following the team in Europe worth a $1 a day to you? Only you can set the value 3rd Degree brings to you.

We are also open to, and interested in, sponsors. 3rd Degree does some nice traffic and our site number have climbed every single year. I expect that to continue in 2006. If you would like to see some numbers feel free to contact me. 3rd Degree is a fantastic vehicle to target the sought after 18-35 demographic and even stronger vehicle for the specific Dallas soccer market. We can offer logo ads, text ads, feature sponsorship, and other kinds of branding. Fell free to contact me for more information at buzz@3rddegree.net.

Thanks again for reading 3rd Degree. We look forward to many more years of excellent coverage of FC Dallas.

2. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to the MANY reports!!!!!

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why thanks. Me too.

4. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    You know we will donate again :)

MTA

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love to hear it. Either from TA or MTA.

6. idrinkgoodcoffee

idrinkgoodcoffee New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Big D
    I'm in as well. Looking forward to some big announcements in January and the spring training trip coverage.
    Buzz - what about doing some sort of fundraiser event?

7. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buzz - Photos?
    Close-ups please? :rolleyes:

P.S. - and if you take photos of the women's U-19 tournament that will be in La Manga too (Mar 6 - 16)...please just post directly to the soccer babes thread - but put the really good ones of the FCD guys on 3rddegree. :D

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $100 to Buzz. :eek:

You can't pay for this kind of access. Well, actually I guess You can. Worth every penny.

9. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get paid Friday. You'll have my cash then. Thanks for all you do. :)

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole raising money thing is really kinda new for me. if we end up short I may try out your idea.

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll see what I can do.

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    each and every $ is appreciated.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Buzz...Part time FCD Guru, part time soccer perv.

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I try and satisfy all my readers. So it's more like Larry Flint of soccer I guess.

15. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

16. soccercptn

soccercptn New Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Plano
    Just a thought... but what if FCD got involved and sent an email to the season ticket holders. Declare that an auction of FCD goods is going to be held on ebay. All proceeds go to the independant reporter, Buzz, plug his site, yada, yada, yada. Get some signed stuff up there and allow folks from BS, the Inferno, and season ticket holders to big.

It would benefit the team because the people who traffic that website and follow what is going on in the preseason are going to 1) show up for preseason friendlies at PHP, 2) are going to be drawn into the team for the whole season, and 3) the eurosnobs are going to get to see how we do against some European competition.

Just an idea...

17. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an interesting idea. But FCD will want to support their own site I am sure as last I knew they were sending their PR guy again to write on the team. *shurgs*

18. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a bump as a reminder.

19. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. Cheers.

20. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like it might create a conflict of interest though and give FCD some right to what could/should/couldn't/shouldn't be said on the site since they are "funding" it.

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks. Much appreciated.

22. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thanks for the sticky too.

23. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking into 3rd Degree t-shirts as a way to raise money not only for this trip but to support the site in general.

You guys think that shirts would be worth buying? would there be a level of interest?

24. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm kinda stacked with red shirts personally.

25. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they would not be red.