Beene, Bryan and Chastain called up

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by TishaVench15, Aug 23, 2002.

1. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
  2. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Hellooooo!

It is quiet in here...except for the sound of me beating my head against the wall about some of April's selections. I will save the full-blown rant for the USWNT forum (and perhaps my personal forum), however.

In the meantime, congrats to the 'Rays that did get the call-up! I keep being scared that Beene will be on the "out" list soon, so every time she gets an invite to NT camp I breathe a little easier.

BTW, I totally freaked out when I saw Tiff Milbrett wasn't on the roster, until I read that she had other commitments that weekend and therefore was unavailable to play. For a moment I thought April had gone further off the deep end than even I would have ever guessed!

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting call up for a friendly.

Chastain and Beene are gimmies for the team.

Scurry, Solo, and Mullinix are one too much. At this point, just make Beene, Scurry, and Mullinix the goalies for the team. (Note: looking for Mullinix bobblehead)

Bryan should warrant another look. I picture her as a Chris Armas/Pablo Mastroeni type where she shuts down the opponent's best striker, in this case Julie Fleeting.

I don't know how ticket sales are going for this game but if it can get 10,000 plus for this match, it should further solidify Columbus as a place for WUSA expansion. I was there for the first game in 1999 and it was an instant hit--interesting story on Brandi and the sign that the Aimercat put up. I was going to see a game the second time around last year, but unfortunately it was a very tragic day. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't travel.

I wonder if Tiffeny decided to take a rest due to the "Lilly Rule" or "Club v Country debate" as I call it. Being, that she played the quota of National Team games and thus was excused from being called up and able to play for club--the common occurance with the men.

Cheers!

4. Chiefs

Chiefs New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    I can't believe some of the names on this list. April isn't even worth my response on bigsoccer. I can't wait until she is gone. I am sure the college coaches love seeing the young ones called up. Maybe April is hoping to sell tickets by adding Barbie to the list. No Kudos for her

5. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barbie is from Cincinnati. People want to see the hometown girl.

The Northenders need someone to drool over.

It's the last match (if I am correct) before WCQ/Gold Cup so better to give some names a final look.

6. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    If we're using this logic, where's Borgman? She's a Cincy girl, too. :rolleyes:

7. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting then... it looks like April H just looked at the playoff tape without any regard to Borgman's season...

If this was a game where it's a final chance for players to shine before qualifiers, Borg should have gotten called up.

Then again, Bryan got the nod so no harm no foul.

Still, why no Borg?

Cheers!