Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think the days of signing a 28/29 year old is now too much of a risk. With the fees that are being asked along with the wages it's almost as big of a risk as signing a Vini at the age and fee we paid.

You don't automatically turn into a geriatric potato at 30 but I think there's something to be said about how young these players are that are popping up to become integral players to teams. That means an accumulation of miles on legs to a great degree by the time you reach 27-28 which is generally thought of as prime. Couple that with how much the game relies on speed and acceleration as opposed to a player in the style of Riquelme etc.

Tldr maybe Hazard's legs are gone and we should reevaluate signing players his age for that kind of fee. However, as I said before this season is a wash for me, it's next season where he'll have to deliver.

Anon. and Açores57 repped this.
  2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Hazard didn’t train with the team today and will certainly miss the Bilbao game

This man is a bust.

addicted2chelsea repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What's wrong with him? Same injury?

4. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    it is unbelieveble what a flop this guy is .....the worst thing is that he is 29 and gettin older ,there is very little hope for him imo.

Him being so unprofesional and fat doesnt help either.

The good news is that we have Vinicius for his position,imagine if we didnt have him for the left wing and were dependend on Hazard,thank God we are not .

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys and the fat thing lol

We will need him for the CL

Let him rest the rest of the season.

Anon., YOUNGSTARS87 and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Not called up again, anyone who followed him can tell just from watching him play that he’s not been anywhere near 100% fitness wise, it would explain his not taking any risks in the last few games, ie no dribbling or anything of the sort.
    Hopefully he can regain some semblance of form before our return leg vs City.

7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What all top players were available ? Hazard & maybe Neymar. How was the club wrong? A big name had to be signed.

Hopefully, he will regain form next season, we won't recoup money selling him, so that's the best we can how hope for him as well as the club. Hopefully we get 3-4 years of good service from him.

8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I believe it’s injury or fitness. The club doesn’t have to disclose it and the reason he missed Getafe was the same reason , just the club not trying to make a drama.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's getting hit repeatedly on his ankle. He loves to play with his back to the defender and hold up the ball, and that's giving defenders the time to come from the back studs up on his ankle.

Although, remember how this is supposed to be a red card offense and Modric got a red card for it early on in the season? Yeah, where is that now?

Anon., Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 3 others repped this.
  10. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

There were some really nasty ones. Did they even get a yellow card ? I don't think they did.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Minutes into his first game back after the stoppage, someone came from behind and stepped on his ankle. Opposition will target weakness if they smell it, and unless he learns to avoid it or the refs start enforcing the rules (don't bet on it), then he'll continue to have this injury.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why?

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That’s fine, as long as he is “ actually” fit for the CL, right now I just don’t trust him and his fitness, let’s see how it turns out

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can I ask, seeing that’s his style of play and I know he surely didn’t develop that since he’s been in La Liga, did any of this happen to him in his years in England, was this a regular injury problem for him there too, I don’t recall so, surprised he wasn’t targeted there if not, or is it more of an issue now because, (to me) he is unfit, thus slower, which is compounding the issue

15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He was hardly ever injured or unfit in the PL. Only time he missed game time was due to muscle injuries.

Anon., Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He always got fouled a lot.
    I 've seen him regularly get kicked from behind in the PL.
    Honestly i don't think it's because he's slower, unfit or whatever you think.
    I think his right ankle just wasn't/isn't 100%.

Anon. repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well IMHO , if his ankle isn’t / wasn’t 100% then he is “not” fit, why is he out there clearly looking unfit to me, not moving at his best and getting hammered on the said same ankle?

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    High ankle sprains are notoriously tough injuries to get over. He looked pretty well his first couple of games, but the hits he's taken to it would cause damage on anyone. He can heal it back to 100% again, and if he still takes the hits he's taking, the result will will likely be the same.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can relate. I had a really nasty ankle sprain 15 months ago and it still sometimes bothers and nigles me.

4 months in I thought it would never be okay.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he holds on to the ball a lot, and work with it and as such gets fouled a lot. People like to point the high dribble stats, but those also suggest that the player holds on to the ball, often the deciding factor between being fouled is half a second, so keeping the ball an additional second on every possession just puts you in the position to be fouled over and over again.

It's like the little fouls Messi always picks up when he starts running around players with the ball. At some point somebody will stick a foot in and trip him or clip his ankle.

21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So he’s injured again or what the hell is the deal with him?

22. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    One of the biggest flops since Kaka for sure. I can't believe that the club spent so much money on him and get so little in return. Like I feared, he has given his best years for Chelsea in he stopped giving everything he's got now that he is in RM. What hurts the most is that uncle Flo didn't want to wait one more season to get him for free.

Nathanial Essex and RMrules repped this.
  23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. The biggest flop since kaka.
    We looked like crap last season, Perez needed some extreme measurements and gambled on Eden. It was a failure. You loose some you win some in your signings. That's life. I see him now as a very expensive squad player. We will probably get good 1-2 years from him, before selling for peanuts, but I'm not expecting the team to built around him or anything phenomenal from the player.

24. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2149 .halamadrid2., Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    You also have to remember we probably had to promise Zidane a few things before he put pen to paper and Hazard signing was likely one of them. Hazard has not been a target for the club in the seasons Zidane has not been at the club. I am sure Zidane would've told Perez that he can't win the league with 18 year old Vinicius as the starter and needed Hazard

We should be grateful the club refused to splash big money on Pogba or we'd be left with 3 players on gigantic wages doing feck all for the club

I am hoping he can wipe the slate clean for next season and really show us why Zidane was so fond of him. If we win the leqgue this season we have won it in spite of him and the CL we'll either win or lose without him. That would be nearly every single big game he's missed

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Nah, Hazard level of flopping is no where near that of Kaka. Kaka, as I remember, wasn't even that bad but was destroyed by Mourinho. Hazard is even worst than Dembélé because of his age and the fact he would have been FREE to sign from last week. One of the worst signings in sport.

J-Mezzy repped this.