Bedoya: Helsingborg vs. Celtic 8/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by schrutebuck, Aug 21, 2012.

1. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Alejandro Bedoya starts on the right side of the midfield, as he and Helsingborg hope to sink Celtic's chance to qualify for the Champions League group stage.

Helsingborg: Hansson, Atta, C. Andersson, Wahlstedt, Uronen, Sadiku, Mahlangu, Gashi, Bedoya, Sørum, Djurdic

Celtic: Forster, Matthews, Izaguirre, Mulgrew, Rogne, Brown, Commons, Ledley, Kayal, Samaras, Hooper

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be fun to watch :thumbsup:

3. yankthisyank'swank

Oct 13, 2010
    Lol. Bad defending by Helsingborg

4. RidiculousLichaj

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Helsingborg just can't finish

5. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    It's painful to watch.

6. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya with a header wide. Wasn't dangerous.

7. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Celtic were fortunate not to fall to 10 men a few minutes ago. The alleged foul occurred narrowly outside the box so it would have only been a FK, but I think it was Hooper and he was definitely the last man when he took the Helsingborg striker down. But no call.

8. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not looking good for Helsingborg at the moment. Bedoya has been their best attacking player.

9. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Helsingborg should be level, i cant believe a Helsinborg player messed up a breakaway that badly.
    Why would a player try to draw a foul from an outfield player when he is one on one with a keeper.

10. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? They've been, by far, the better team and created more chances. Horrid defending on the goal, but they've dominated play since. If they keep this up, I think they'll score in the 2nd half. Celtic has been so unimpressive, I'm not sure I fancy them at home.

11. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Helsingborg cannot finish any decent chance.

12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. yankthisyank'swank

Oct 13, 2010
    There are some positives to take away from the match: Bedoya is fit, he tracks back to help the defense, and makes good runs. Despite the inaccuracy of his headers, he can win balls in the air vs opponents like 6'4 Samaras.

14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya is too good for the Swedish league. I hope he gets signed by a club in Holland or Germany.

15. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights

Bedoya sent a difficult pass to control back to the right back who does not control and Celtic pounce on the ball leading to the first goal (Bedoya's pass not shown in the highlights).

Samaras was Bedoya's man on the second goal.

Bedoya has a shot saved at :33.

16. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BB started Bedoya against Jamaica in GC 2011. I was surprised that he was started but as the game on, it became clear why he did. The qualities you listed above were very apparent in that match and he made it difficult for the Reggae Boyz who like to play the ball in the air.