Beautiful things...

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you all know, I have a taste for the finer things in life. Art, especailly impressionism, Monet is my favorite. A bit cliche, of course, but certainly not pederstrian. Philosophy, and poetry.

It is certainly not unexpected that I find the following subtle, and yes, beautiful.

This is the ORIGINAL Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. Nature's choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America's Best in 1893.

The following is not the kind of poetry I like. Not subtle at all.

Extra malted barley & (sic) select hops for extra gravity.
    STEEL RESERVE
    Slow brewed for a minimum of 28 days/
    Exceptionally smooth flavor.
    The 211 mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve High Gravity, We use nearly twice the ingrediants and brew for almost twice as long as many other quality beers.

So? Nothing elegant about that.

8.1% alcohol. Not that IS a beautiful thing. I even brought a half rack in my suitcase along with a bear for Divia, as I am not certain I could buy this here.

What is not a beautiful thing is the EJ trade. Yes, yes, I know a palyuer had to go, and EJ would be troublesome this year. Knowing CC's defense first atititude, it makes sense.

If Cooper is not ready, we are without two strikers. Ruiz does not work well be forced to forage alone as a single striker. Ramon Nunez and Roberto Mina have palyed well, and while both bring a lot of creativity to the position, niehter is a true striker. They lack the agression and take it to the goal mentality, the Raging Bob made strides last year. FCD may have to use Thompson, or, may the Saints help us, Rhine.

At least we did not have to read the "Buy season tickets!" speil that is at the end of every FCD press release, no matter how minor. I wonder why not? "We just traded one of best players! Buy season tickets!" One more of those and they lose this ten year season ticket holder.

Actaully, it will not matter, as they probablyh already have. Yes, yes, I can hear the cheering from here, but your celebration is premature. I may still be back, handing out some Steel Reserve to the CBC. I think this could be a hell of a ride, before being knocked out in the first round of the palyoffs.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Alito confirmed!
    We have an absolute majority!

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Ah another alcohol laced Scipio post....THE SEASON IS A'COMING!

3. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's practically giddy! :)

4. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    We just got some tremendously disturbing tectonic data; and now you add this?

Machiavelli is one of the most misunderstood figures in history......is this your means to your ends?

Hegel calls...

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can never, ever figure out what you are saying. You are worse than Brushes to me. Brushes I can understand if I take the paranoid delusions out of it.

6. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The worst part is that I think if he just said it in plain English he might have a point. Instead I completely ignore it cos it ain't worth the hassle.

Brushes on the other hand is just a loony...

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Which is pretty F'ing hilarious considering what his point actually is.

8. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I ignore the cryptic post as well. Rep

9. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin

Well, certainly gay, your Roman pederast.

10. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    And perhaps I work at complicated things to simplify toward a more advancing solution than you "understand"...

Your example of simplifying complicated cap is a lesson you can use to question why you wrote what you did above. Check your premise before you use words like "paranoid delusions". You might find that I work on higher objectives with peers of my choice and let you and the other posters here do what you do best - like ask posters here to pay for more expensive food for you.

If I truly offend you; send me back the money I've given you. That would be more honorable than the devaluing effort exhibited above.

11. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    And perhaps if you read the link and knew how much Peter respects Machiavelli...

The truly saddest thing is that you feel you are building your self-esteem by devaluing/refuting others - when you don't take the necessary time to learn and explore others meaning.

I'll do you a favor by posting a link here to a fantastic methodology that the human potential organization I'm affiliated with (and is now involved with international soccer) is in competition with. The link is from Wikipedia so you don't 'think' I'm just throwing non-English at you (as if you've studied linguistics at all)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_dynamics

But since there is a low probability of you learning valuable methodology; why don't you sit down with Peter and ask him where his "Contra" statements derive. If you both correctly decipher the origin based in the irrefutable Law of Opposition; you can ask yourself why you don't integrate irrefutable Laws into your life....unless you are truly in self-denial and are working toward refuting existence.

Good luck.

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I've followed several of the links that you've provided for me in the past and I've enjoyed them all. I don't particularly agree with their premises but I did find them interesting. The truly saddest thing is that you completely misread my post. It had nothing to do with either Peter or Machiavelli. It concerned what I consider an interesting dichotemy in your philosophy and your writing style. You are all about bringing together separate, yet interdependent aspects of an organization in order to fully realize the combined potential of the group, yet when attempting to educate others on your philosophy (i.e. bringing together separate aspects of the organization) you do so in a way that very few can understand the valuable information you have to offer. In other words, you are failing to change your style in a way that would further your goals of improving the group as a whole.

13. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Is screaming until you get a splitting migraine more valuable than learning real linguistics?

Perhaps your "hassles" of headaches justify your self-torture.

Reap what you sow... like "ignoring" your own "worth".

14. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Again; it takes mutual investment. Your efforts are parasitic and do not prove yourself at what I've already done.

If you truly want to empower yourself; pm me and I'll provide you - but don't think for a minute that I'm 'fooled' by measured responses. You prove yourself - no one else can.

15. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Call me crazy, but it looks like you just attempted to increase your own self-esteem by devaluing Jonno's choosen method of support for the team. You shouldnt' do that, you know.

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    But how are you assured that you've adequately made the effort to communicate your message. You are assuming that it is the fault of the recievers of your message for not being able to understand your communication.

I don't feel the need to prove myself in any particular manner. I'm quite happy with the way I interact with those in this group. And I'm confident that if and when I do something that is not furthering the group's ideal it will be addressed with me in an upfront manner. For that is the way most people attempt to resolve issues.

17. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    And this is more proof that you didn't read the link I provided - there was not sufficient time in between your posts. That means there's a high probability that you're just suppressing advancement - which is a condemnation of what you accused me of in your previous post. You are proving yourself; but not in a value-advancing method.

If you truly wanted to add; you would pm me and invest mutually with me as the magnificent potential peer that you are - but the probability is so low that it is not worth my time in pursuing it any further.

Let me know privately if you want more for yourself and yours.

18. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    As I stated earlier, I've followed your links before, I believe I have a firm grasp on your philosophies and what they entail. I don't think I need to follow yet another to confirm this opinion yet again.

I remember communicating with you in the past over PM's about working together. I felt we had a productive conversation.

19. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Shiner Blonde much better than i like Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Though truth be told I can't remember ever drinking a Pabst. And if I did, it was during the mid '80's.

I have had a few Scaheffer Lights in my time - not something I want to experience again, though.

20. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    um ok.

the cap is insane. I know I don't do a good enough job trying to simply it.

um.. Brushes is the one with paranoid delusions, not you.

I simply ask that if people enjoy the work they consider what it would be worth to them to read it again the following year. *shrugs*

wait? offended? who the hell is offended? I was tyring to be funny about the kinda cryptic way you write? it was a joke. Sometimes you write about stuff I don't understand and I tought that was a funny response to someting clearly over my head.

But if you are serious I will be happy to send your money back to you if you wish it.

21. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: What we have here....is a failure to communicate.

:) The beautiful thing is that humans can adapt and change easily (if they choose to).

At the risk of unintentionally offending (and no offense is intended) I would like to point out that:

Communication depends on including the feedback loop (so the communicator can judge whether or not his intended message was received and/or understood)

Linguistics is the scientific study of human language. It seems that the situation here hi-lights the dichotomy (split) between Contextual vs Autonomous linguistics.

The readers here on bigsoccer are all about Contextual linguistics (how language fits into the world: its social function, how it is produced and perceived.) They just want to get their point across!

Whereas Autonomous or Independent linguistics considers languages for their own sake, aside from the externalities related to a language. You know, like using language the audience can understand.

I have an education, (Bursury in Fine Art, MBA, etc) I even studied linguistics, communication, and many of the Great Books - but, more importantly, I live in a world where my livelyhood, my friendships, and my relationships require effective communication - whether that's an emoticon, :) using simple sentances (I like cheese!), quoting movie lines, or formal communication.

Try it - you'll like it!

*YMMV

Your mileage may vary

22. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to get drunk and post more often, that much is clear. Waht a wonderful discussion! We have gotten back to the primary themes of the Hoops boards. Beer, smack, and a little bit of soccer.

I have the great furtune to have a friend with me who is attempting to read soem American classiscs, so I do not have to quote the following from memory.

"A man may forget the death of the father, but never the loss of the patrimony, the cold faced Florentine, who is the father of our modern world, said, and he said a mouthful."

Rep for identification.

My teacher, who I refer to as Niccolo, has guided me through this life, and never sttered me wrong, and would not be surprised when I lose my way. Niccolo refered to the Roamn Republic as "my Romans." As Dante was Italy's greatest poet, Leonardo, her greatest artist, Niccolo was her greatest man. Dante's and Leonardo's candles glow blightly, but pale before Niccolo's bonfire. I dedicated a year and a half to defending Niccolo against Leo Strauss, in a college in which questioning Strauss is considered a heresy.

Visit Florence, it isa wonderful place, where some good soccer has been played. And throw a flower on Niccolo's grave, if you appreciate the idea of a consitutional democratic republic, for the United States is based on his designs.

As I base my estimation of people on Wade. Wade is border line genius, border line insane. For FC Dallas, remove the "border line insane" part. In my case, remove "border line genius," and "boder line" in front of insane. Oh, I have taken the tests to prove it, and have litterally been pursued by a mental health expert begging me to take drugs. These drugs, however, would certainnly cut into my drinking time, and wouldchange me to the point that I would lose the concept of myself. They also might make me happy, cheerful, and confident, and who would want me to be like that? I might understand what the Posse is saying; I might even care.

Buzz, get thee to Daytona. Twin 125s tommorrow!

Oman, say that Monet was a homosexual. He was certainly not, but say he was. Exactly how would that detract from the splendor of his achievent? Also note that in Rome, homosexuality carried the death penalty. While there is always a certain tolerence in fair men, it was a sever blow to a Roman's dignitas. One I could not tolerate, even if my proclivites were in the way you sladerously suggest. I can assure you they are not.

As for Jonno, well, he is a Scot; as am I, a bit. Part of behing Scottish is the natural arrogance that comes from the knowlege that the Scots, not the Spaniards or a few vikings that discovered North America. Long before 1492, the Scots had explored the enitre world. If this were not true, how did all the golf courses get here?

FC Dallas, you appear to have had some communication with TexGator, so you know how deep he goes. Not, however, on Big Soccer. Look at his responses to Burning247's "Ask me a question" thread. Look at his responses on any thread. Let me the first to suggest, Adam, that you compete in this year's Smack Off. You could kick Seagorve's head in. He would die in a fire.

If you do not understand what FC Dallas is talking about, envision a very long term, collectivist American Pragmatist paradigmn.

Waht we are left with, then, is a mainly intact defense, and a middle that should be better with the addition of Mulrroney, with Wilson ready to take over if Richard needs a rest, or if Simo needs a break, and Richard drops back to d mid. A question mark in the nets. I always supported Garlick because of his brillinat distribution and that he did not make silly mistakes. By the end of the year, the distribution was still flawless, but the saves he should have made, the saves he was always so solid on in the past, were not there. Now, FCD has Jeff Cassar, who will make the brilliant save, but not always the easy ones, poor distribution, and annoyed Yo Mama, and Dario Sala, who we saw only once, and really do not have eough information to go on yet.

There is an ace up front, and a real uncertainty next to him. A Man U player who never say the top team, two converted mids, and Terp who shows talent but is not ready yet.

There is the bit that was not dipped in the Styx.

There is where Paris will aim his bow.

FCD will have a great season. Our hopes will be high. Our hopes will be dashed against the rocks of a first round playoff loss.

The past is always with us, but cannot be changed, so guilt is irrelevant. Similarly, though we have free will, fate can never be avoided. Take what fate brings.

Out in the first round.

GO GO GO NUMBER FIFTY FIVE!

Scipio Gothicus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Alito confirmed!

23. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then, Charlie, you should understand theat communication is only valuable when it is used correctly, in an open debate, to determine the questions.

If you spend your life looking for answers, your life will be empty. If you do not spend your life looking for answers, your life will be meaningless.

Simply because we do not have the answers to the great questions of life does not mean we should be insentive to them, to paraphrase Alfred North Whitehead.

Communication, in of itself, does not help us. It is meaningful only if it helps us determine the right questions. The only way we can find answers is to LIVE THE QUESTION!

You know where you are. You have the question. You know where you want to be. To have the answer. Live the question, and let the middle take care of itself.

GO GO GO NUMBER FIFTY FIVE!

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Alito confirmed!

24. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you explain in clear English what on earth you're talking about?

25. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drive thru Italy on I-35 on my way to Dallas. Does that count for anything?