Beasley -- Reported DUI

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by WarriorSoccer, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Beasley Arrested

Hey Mike, you've made your point, leave the thread and let those of us that want to discuss the possibility of beasley's arrest and possible punishment from not only the Dutch government but from BA. If the Mod's determine that this is not news worthy then they will shut it down and you can gloat all you want about being right.

Otherwise STFU!!!

Go troll someplace else

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah, it's you, too bad you can't see it even when everyone else keeps telling ya.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

I contend that this entire thread is libelous and that people asserting that Beasley is guilty of a DUI, before more facts come to light, are completely out of line.

That is not trolling.

4. OCKlinsmann

OCKlinsmann Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

England seems to have gone in that direction as well. I don't know the details but "drink driving" is something that I would not want to attempt over there.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Do you read Dutch?

Has Beasley been convicted of any crime?

6. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No one in this thread has asserted that he is guilty, people have only speculated as to what might happen to him and what the laws are in Holland. Please, quote one post in which a person asserted that Beasely was guilty. Only WarriorSoccer's first post might fit your criteria.

STFU

7. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006

Weren't there arrests there?

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

There have been at least a half dozen posts asserting that he's guilty.

How about YOU STFU?

:D

9. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

thank goodness he gets some street cred now

10. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Being arrested via a Grand Jury indictment and actually going to trial and being convicted are completely different things. In a Grand Jury, the accused have no way to defend themselves and the prosecutor runs the show. He/she can introduce whatever evidence they want, including hearsay and circumstancual evidence that is not admissable at trial.

11. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really, I just read through the thread and only found the very first post

all others speculated on punishment, dutch law, werer a joke, or arguing with your ignorant posts

12. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005

Mike, if you would have actually read the first post in the thread I had a link to a message strand in Yanks-Abroad. It was to page six of a thread about Beasley getting fined or something for not claiming everything in customs.

Midway down the page a user started to repost information about his most recent run-in with the law. They gave a quick paraphrase of the story and then the thread got as off topic as this one.

If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have seen that the information was there and properly linked. The yanks-abroad forum is usually one of the most reliable and accurate forums when it comes to any news on bigsoccer.

There are men's national team implications with this. No one really knows the Dutch law, but it is very likely that it could be something like US law where he could have to do community service, have a second hearing, have probation hearings, etc. which could interfere with the lead-in to WC 2006.

You should have taken the thread as it was originally meant, just to link some NEWS in the NEWS and analysis forum to a thread that i figured would be more informative.

Quit your griping, the sooner you give up crying about the thread the sooner it will disappear and the sooner you will be able to sleep at night.

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

And the same is true in Dutch law?

Really?

14. Big-Time Crew Fan

Apr 8, 2000

Another strategy would be... ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

I posted links to the original story from the Dutch site quoted in that thread AND posted a Babelfish "translation" of that story.

16. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005

BUT THATS NOT NEWS!!!

DELETE THE THREAD NOW!!! DELETE THE THREAD NOW!!!

:rolleyes:

17. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually this was a completly different point. Voros made note of theh recent problems with Duke U's Lacrosse team and how they are tried in the court of public opinion. IndividualEleven made a comment that there were actual proven arrestes in that case, I made a counter point regarding how they were arrested and the process required. It was very off topic and had nothing to do with the netherlands.

I'm so sorry for my sins father, please forgive me and allow me to kiss your feet

18. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Formerly there was a joke here

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Are these jokes?

They don't seem too funny to me.

All of these are posts based on an article that is about two sentence long written in a language that I'd be willing to bet none of those posters understand. And I'm the ignorant one? Yeah, right.

:rolleyes:

20. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

See, that's trolling.

What I'm posting is not.

21. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Good grief this is ridiculous. Mike - I know I've asked you many times to express your thoughts about News & Analysis standards via reported post or PM. Please consider this a warning that another thread derailment like this will result in a timeout from the forum.

I don't understand why this wouldn't be considered news, but that sidebar discussion stops here. Send me or another mod a PM if you want to make that case.

22. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D. Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Hudson Valley

I know I have done my share of stupid things, though I'm not accusing anyone else of doing such. That's not an excuse, if in fact there is something to excuse. I am just empathizing, if there is anyone to empathize with.

I agree that no one has claimed in any post on this thread that Beasley is guilty, although I am sure many posters (if not most) are assuming that he is. Even the first post doesn't accuse Bease of DUI, rather it says he was "pulled over for DUI," which was presumably his way of paraphrasing the article.

I suppose the thread starter might have said, "Beasley supposedly was involved in something that might have happened, according to this source."

Note: italicized text added for MikeLastort's benefit, though having to do this on a regular basis could make threads very tedious.

23. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes you are th ignorant one, most of those were speculation, maybe one other than the first post of the thread said he was guilty

Yes, my monkey comment could be construded as trolling, but it was also a very funny joke :p

Dark Knight, thanks for stepping in here

24. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Personal attacks are not allowed in this forum. Edit that out please.

25. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Leave me out of this, man. I guess I should have said 'if' here and there, but it was implied, but now you want to drag me through the mud to win some stupid argument.
    Before I thought you were just a little righteous, now you're being a jerk.