Beasley Leads PSV!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by FCGalaxy1996, Nov 3, 2004.

1. FCGalaxy1996

FCGalaxy1996 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    LA
    GOAL! Hey fire fans did you guys check out DaMarcus Beasley's Champions league goal yesterday for PSV? :D How do you guys feel about his progress in Europe and what about an allocation for the fire? Hell he is my favorite US NAT even though he didn't play with the Galaxy. Didn't we trade him to the fire for somebody?

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Re: Big Pimpin with Beasley!

Thanks for that.

3. FCGalaxy1996

FCGalaxy1996 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    LA
  4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why couldn't he finish like that for us.

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I think it was called last year.

6. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    I mean no disrespect, but he probably didn't get too many passes like that with the Fire.

It was a great finish, though.

7. Joel Goodson

Joel Goodson Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like 4 years ago when Stoichkov was serving balls 60 yards on the fly like the one yesterday from Cocu(?). Great control by Run DMB.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love that kid.

9. Nutmeg_23

Nutmeg_23 Member

Jul 20, 2004
    very nicely done!!!! awesome!

10. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    incredible ball. I got chills. I wonder what it's like for him to play in a full stadium? I can't wait until bridgeview opens to a packed house.

11. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    What a kick ass goal!!!!! :eek:

12. Chicago Stars

Chicago Stars New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Chicago
    That was Cocu and it was awesome all the way around. He was so excited after he scored. It made me very happy to see it. Good for him.

13. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    The Fire obtained DMB for a couple of 1st round draft picks. If I recall correctly one was used by LA to obtain Danny Califf.

14. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I think the Fire also gave up a forward that they had just drafted, who was very highly regarded and had been scoring goals in the pre-season. He never panned out. Don't remember his name.

15. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    I read the game thread in BS Yanks Abroad forum - Beas had several good opps and probably should have put away at least one more - but this was a beaut of a pass, solid finish and it's clear to see he's happy and well loved by the PSV fans. Hiddink has moved Beas into a full-on attack role on the left with Farfan on the right. Muy peligroso! (can we do something similar with Mapp and Bucky? hmmmmm...) Speed kills - that be the lesson for today.

Also worth noting that the right back beas was schooling from Rosenberg was Robbie Russell, a fellow yank we will soon see challenging Heydude for playing time with the nats (at least we can hope).

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've pictured Beasley scoring off of a pass like that from Cocu for quite some time. I just pictured them both playing for Barca. :)

Either way, I'm twice as happy seeing this goal.

17. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
  18. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    What made that play was DMB's deft first touch of the pass. He's obviously coming into his own over there. Can't wait to see him in action against El Tri next year!

19. iwishiweremingus2

iwishiweremingus2 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Milwaukee
    did anybody notice the play where he beats three and passes in front to be similar to a certain FA Cup final goal in 1999? its almost identical (including where he goes on the field) except giggs puts it over seaman to the top of the net and bease takes the selfless path. just kinda weird. and awesome.

20. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article:

"In this interview Beasley confirms that he has made a solid with PSV in Holland."

Good to hear that Beasley is regular, the Dutch food must have taken some getting used to. :)