Beasley in Camp

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by numerista, Jul 19, 2006.

1. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
  2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    it is 91 degrees in amsterdam today, about seven degrees beyond what we amsterdammers would consider a heatwave

in other words, it is unusually freakin' hot in the netherlands today!

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    But you ain't got the beach.

4. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    Good to see him back. Maybe time with his family helped him readjust his attitude a little. It would be nice if he could rebound from recent disappointments (World Cup, second part of last season with PSV) and get back in the starting lineup. He needs the experience in European play if he wants to stay in the A-list of US players.

Also, I think Beasley was NOT among players sad to see Arena go. I think that relationship had soured to the point of no return. Hopefully the next coach will be able to reinstitute the old Beasley attitude while also encouraging him to learn a few new tricks.

5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    [​IMG]

interesting

6. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    Just curious if you have back-up for the assertions that (a) DMB is disappointed with his WC performance or his second season at PSV, or (b) his relationship with Arena had "soured" (apart from his pre-WC complaints that he wanted to know where he was going to play?

7. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where the American emphasis on athleticism becomes important.

8. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    not yet

9. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does this have to do with the price of eggs? A general emphasis, supposedly greater among Americans, on "athleticism" (whatever that is) has an effect on body water regulation and salt retention in hot weather? Wow!

10. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    That's the entire point of conditioning.

11. BannedInDC

BannedInDC Member

Just curious if you have back up for the assertion that Flux asserted those things.

12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    But the upside is the kid from Dallas on trial at Ajax should feel right at home.:D

Good for Beas. Here's hoping he gets off to a great start at PSV and gets his mojo back. It was certainly nice to see him smiling in the picture posted a couple places before this one.

13. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    1. To quote Beasley in the linked article, "We put in some disappointing World Cup performances." Unless he is a total jerk, I am assuming he was referring to himself rather than simply throwing all of his teammates under the bus. 2. When you publicly spare with your head coach in the media at the World Cup, I am assuming that the player/ coach relationship is not where it should be.

Maybe he was satisfied with the season at PSV; I was just throwing that in there. However, consider he was riding the pine a good bit, there is something wrong if he was not at least a little disappointed.

14. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    FYHollando.

15. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Geez it's hotter in Nothern Euroland than here in South Florida. And I'm betting those guys don't the central ac penetration that we've got.

16. Have you got any idea how windy it gets with all those windmills wooshing:D

17. Garlic Sauce

Garlic Sauce New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Eindhoven
    Morbo mode

"WINDMILLS DON'T WORK THAT WAY... GOODNIGHT!!!"

/Morbo mode

btw.... in Eindhoven it's about 5 degrees hotter than in Amsterdam even :(

35 Celsius... that's about 95 F ?

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    actually, there are several beaches within 45 minutes of a'dam

19. CoenD2

CoenD2 New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Utrecht
  20. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but the difference is that this happens here, for 6-8 weeks, every year.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i included those, but wanted to add noordwijk-aan-zee and such

i hear zuid is quite nice, actually... of course, vondelpark is practically a nude beach on a day like yesterday! :eek:

just like a farmer: complain about how amsterdam sucks, sign beasley out from under us, then raid our beaches for mokum hotties! ;)

22. CoenD2

CoenD2 New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Utrecht
    I alway thought all real Amsterdammers had moved to Almere? :p
    Import city, you know.

23. No, it is deport city. Amsterdam is better without real Amsterdamneders, you know. It stops hurting my sensitive ears, when I donot hear that hidious Amsterdamned accent anymore:D

24. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    What is the body of water, the bay?

And, is "plage" just a Dutch word (Spanish "playa")?

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the body of water is the north sea

and "plage" is french for beach (the dutch like to borrow words and phrases from other languages)