Beasley backs Kerry!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Furia Yanqui, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USsoccerman

USsoccerman Member

Oct 8, 2003
    New York
    He would say that no matter what though being in Europe. you know what I mean.

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

The reason france didn't join in is that for the most part they were in cahoots with saddam...and they are a bunch of p--sies anyway...

this country has a history of being the most generous, magnaminous super power that ever was on earth and if you knew anything about history you would know that.

the founders left England of their own free will

3. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course if you read the exit poll data, Kerry won Florida by five points...

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    The United States of Canada would be more than glad to have this refugee from Jesusland play for our national team.

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    It doesn't make a difference in our daily lives. We spend twice as much money on defense as any other country; there's no chance he could've done anything to us. It took an incredible number of breakdowns to allow 9/11 to happen. Howard Dean was right. Too bad the Dems nominated the "safe" choice rather than the guy who actually stood for something.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    United States of Canada? The only thing "uniting" Canada is Peter The Puck, Hortons and a distinct desire to not be Texan. Hardly the stuff countries should be made of these days. :D

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Another ignorant SS

Great civil discourse.

Lovely.

Ya.

So you want folks to think you know what needs to be done while at the same time those not agreeing with your view points are imbeciles?

8. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Re: Another ignorant SS

And with any luck, they'll all be sent to Iraq or Afganistan (ap.), courtesy of dubya.

9. jrslay10

jrslay10 New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    This board is about soccer folks. And not everyone thinks that the war in Iraq was unnecessary. Many, like myself, still support the war for a number of reasons that I don't think I should get into on this board. So, please, take your political retoric, however unknowledgeable it is, somewhere else._

10. PALE568

PALE568 Member

Jun 5, 2003
    mind your own.
    I agree that this shouldn't be posted in the soccer section and all politics should be in the politics forum.

...But I must say that I find it pathetic that people got so fvcking excited about DMB's opinion. Good for the kid for giving a fvck. It's so mind-numbingly stupid to say all athletes/musicians/celebrites should keep their mouth shut. And it's equally stupid to say that you don't respect someone anymore because they disagree with you politically. It's not like he came out and said he thinks the Holocaust didn't happen or something that was absolutely appalling. He just said he doesn't dig Bush.

All citizens should be engaged in politics & it's capricious & silly to say 'well, this profession shouldn't have an opinion at all.' You listen to a well-informed footballer for the same reason you listen to a well-informed botanist or a well-informed mailman: because they're well-informed & they give a fvck. Their profession has fvck all to do with anything.

Full respect to the Beas. Anybody that got excited about this is a douche.

Now move this out of the US Men forum - this is supposed to be a politics-free zone! :)

11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    [​IMG]

Here you go

12. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we keep saying this over and over again, sooner or later we may convince ourselves it's true.

13. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

It most certainly is true...think the germans or the japanese would have spent even one red cent rebuilding europe or the USA had they won WWII ?

think any other country spends anywhere near what the USA does in humanitarian aid....?

think that if the arabs, chinese, koreans had a far superior military capability they wouldn't destroy the USA overnight ? The USA has the capability to reduce the entire mid east into a parking lot...but hasn't and won't. The other f--ks I have mentioned wouldn't be so "magnamamous" were the shoe on the other foot...

these are not just ramblings...I have travelled to fifty countries on all continents, extensively throughout the middle east, including beirut,iran,saudi arabia,pakistan and I for one am very glad to be living in a great western democracy...I have seen the alternatives with my own eyes and it is not a pretty sight....

A lot of you need some serious history lessons not to mention a wake up call..you take what you have in this country so very much for granted...if some of what is posted on these boards happened in the countries I have mentioned the posters would be receiving some very unwelcome "guests" in the middle of the night...

14. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too have traveled widely, and do appreciate all the good things that the US has done for other countries, but our arrogance is a large reason why we are so disliked by much of the world right now. If we spent more time trying to do the right thing (like promoting soccer, for instance :) ) than patting ourselves on the back, I think we would all be much happier

BTW... I was skimming through these posts, and responded somewhat impulsively. Your argument that the US is the most generous "superpower" in history may have some merit. I had substituted "country" for "superpower", and would definitely argue that this is not true.

15. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in too.

16. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    isn't there a cross you can burn somewhere?

17. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    The British were a world power for two hundred years until WWII when another English speaking country took over the mantel...The British weren't much liked in a lot of places either ...until they left....I travelled throughout India and was told many, many times.."it was better when the British were here". The natural human tendency is to dislike the top dog ( unless you happen to be one of them )...The USA is experiencing what the British did for two hundred years with one exception ...the British really never did give a f--k what anybody thought of them ( they still don't)

18. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, yes. This thread was missing an obligatory fascist, nazist or racist reactionary reference.

19. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    no exception here- this sounds remarkably like the current administration.

20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't agree more.

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Good....I would really worry if the french liked us....

22. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Now answer honestly...were you also a supporter of Leopold Galtierrie..?(sp)

23. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Politics and Soccer just don't mix - at least on BigSoccer. Go to the Politics forum if you have the need to discuss this stuff.

I'm going to review this thread - if you get a yellow card, send me a PM.