Be the first to see the terraces!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GoRapids, Mar 3, 2010.

1. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    CLASS VI AND C-FIRM KICK OFF PARTY ON THE TERRACE!

Calling all Rapids Fans – feel like it’s about time to scratch that 2010 Rapids itch? We’ve got just the remedy for your off season blues.

Come join Rapids Supporters Association groups Class VI and Centennial Firm as they kickoff the 2010 season with a bang at their annual preseason bash and recruiting event!

Be the first to experience MLS’s newest and most exciting feature as the Colorado Rapids, Class VI, and C-Firm use the Supporters preseason party to unveil the exclusive new Supporters Terrace!

Kick Off Party

The party will begin at 4 PM before the “Charity Shield” match Friday, March 19th against the Seattle Sounders, featuring Freddie Ljungberg and Kasey Keller. Come join the supporters and fans on the Supporters Terrace for some great pre-match events such as:

- Free food and drinks!
    - Some incredible door prizes!
    - A silent auction featuring some amazing items such as team-signed equipment, player-used gear, and some amazing Rapids experiences!
    - 50/50 Raffles!
    - Some great camaraderie with hundreds of passionate Rapids fans!
    - And who knows, perhaps some recognizable Rapids faces will make an appearance!

Match tickets start at only $10 and all proceeds go to UNICEF’s efforts to provide
    relief to Haiti.

Already a supporter? Curious about the supporters groups? Just a fan looking for a fun evening? No
    problem! Grab your friends and family and come down to the party. Buy a team-signed jersey in the auction. Win some cash in our 50/50 raffles. Enjoy some free dinner before the match and
    come see what fun it is to be seated or standing with the Rapids best fans as we look to pack the Terraces and section 108 and cheer on the Rapids all the way to MLS Cup 2010!

If you plan on coming - drop an email to info@nofanalone.com - the Rapids have requested we do our best at getting a head count for the caterers.

For more information on Class VI and Centennial Firm go to www.nofanalone.com

2. rmf_2010

rmf_2010 Red Card

Mar 6, 2010
    San Jose/Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am still stuck in hippie California, loading furniture and fixing broken walls so I can get my deposit back. 18 more days until I get back home.Some of my boys will attend this party and take some pictures for me. Have fun guys!

3. Love Football

Love Football Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Longmont, Co
  4. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Over 100 people have RSVP'd ... gonna be good!

5. Denvercal

Denvercal New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Northglenn
    Is there a cost (other than the ticket) to this party, or what that another event?

6. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    No cost, just the ticket to get in.

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Party is free - but as Dave said - you need the $10 ticket to the game ...

But you may want to come prepared - because we're auctioning some GREAT stuff off at the party - some will be auctions, some raffles, some giveaways maybe - we've got to figure it out ...

1) Signed pair of Kosuke cleats
    2) Team-signed blue jersey from this year
    3) Unsigned game-worn Drew Moor long sleeve blue jersey
    4) 3 team signed balls from different seasons (thanks JasonMa!)
    5) 1 full size team-signed ball from this year
    6) 1 large and 1 mini team-signed ball from last year
    7) Team signed burgandy jersey from last year
    8) Complete "Third Kit" including jersey, shorts, and socks
    9) Small burgandy Women's Jersey
    10) "Colorado Rapids Soccer Club" pennant that they exchange with international teams
    11) "Honorary Captain for a Match" certificate (includes 4 game tickets, jersey, photo on the field with team captain)
    12) Certificate for two tickets to the World Cup of Wine and Beer in July
    13) Certificate to get your picture taken with the Starting XI
    14) 4 tickets to the home opener
    15) Signed mini John Spencer poster
    16) Signed Colorado Heritage Night mini poster with Colin Clark and Conor Casey (signed by both players)
    17) Signed Cookie heritage night mini poster
    18) Signed Kosuke heritage night mini poster
    19) Signed Pablo/Casey heritage night mini poster
    Still waiting confirmation on the next:
    20) Signed Freddie Ljungberg Arsenal jersey
    21) Signed Keller World Cup T-Shirts
    22) Signed Sounders pre-game jersey

8. rmf_2010

rmf_2010 Red Card

Mar 6, 2010
    San Jose/Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you guys serious? Major props for the whole event, but this is a disgrace. How can you sell merchandise belonging to a different team from the same league to the Rapids fans? I don't even know who is more foul. You guys for selling this, or a so called Rapid "fan" for buying this item.
    If the marketing department of Milan would decide to auction an Inter jersey at an event dedicated to the Milan fans, all of their employees would be fired and they would probably end up getting a beating from the angry fans, too. This would be valid for every team in this world.
    What the hell is next? Free RSL shirts for the first first 1000 people to show up at the home opener?

9. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    There’s a simple answer dude, it’s a FUNDRAISER these items are hopefully geared toward any giving Sounders fans who are in the house, all in the name of charity. Many things in life, such as an earthquake disaster, are bigger than fans and sports.

10. rmf_2010

rmf_2010 Red Card

Mar 6, 2010
    San Jose/Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounders items should be auction during charity events organized by the Sounders. I am sure there are plenty of Rapids items we can auction, why need to bring this crap?It's just disrespectful

11. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Not trying to raise as much $ as possible is a disrespect to the effort of throwing a fundraiser, and to those suffering in Hati.

12. rmf_2010

rmf_2010 Red Card

Mar 6, 2010
    San Jose/Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, the cause is great and the event's idea deserves a round of applause. But...if you want to raise money from Rapids fans, then auction/sell Rapids items. I rather donate 100 bucks, expecting nothing in return, then pay 10 bucks for a Sounders-or any other MLS team-jersey. Maybe just take it to burn it or rip it when we play the Sounders. A real Rapids fan would never get another MLS team jersey and hang it in their home. If a person who pretends to be a Rapids fan will get that Sounders jersey, he/she is definitely lying about being a true Rapid fan.

13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I dont think the jersey will be bought by a Rapids fan but by one of the handful of Sounders fans present.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the auctions are raising money for the supporter's groups, while the ticket proceeds go to Haiti. I may be wrong though.

15. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    :eek: well I STILL like cheese.

16. SoccaJ

SoccaJ Member

Colorado Rapids
    Jun 25, 2007
    Firestone, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple resolution to your concerns - don't bid on the Sounders stuff :)

17. jdub3379

jdub3379 Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares what they auction. IT ALL GOES TO CHARITY!

18. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Some people just plain like MLS memorabilia - some people like the Sounders too - some people would want something signed by Keller and Ljungberg.

The world comes in many flavors my friend.

19. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    including cheese1!!!11!

20. Search200

Search200 Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would hope there wouldn't be any sounders supporters even allowed onto the rapids terrace, they have their own section

21. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Its at the pre game party dude. And I did say "in the house" not in the terraces. Not to say that there wont be any Sounders fans in the terrace, you never know what security will do. They sent Crew fans over to 100 last season.

22. W.J. Marx

W.J. Marx Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Boulder, Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Finally, an rmf_2010 I can read without being offended and actually agree completely!

23. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I don't know. Seems to me if people can't put humanity above sports team preference, as a society, we've got issues, serious ones.

24. Search200

Search200 Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought the pre game party was on the terraces according to the original post, why would sounders supporters be welcomed on to the rapids terraces, which as the Rapids marketing dept. is trying to do by making it seems so european, is supposed to be the rapids supporter's sacred part of the stadium not to be disgraced by outsiders. As a traveling Rapids supporter I would never expect to be welcomed into any other club's home supporter sections

also, I thought the Crew supporters who sat in 100/101 last year had tickets for their seats. Did security just give them new tickets and say you sit over there. Or were all those crew supporters trying to be a bunch of dicks and tough guys? These are the same supporters who tried to battle west ham a couple summers ago

25. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then.....gee, maybe a single entity league that enriches your rivals with every penny that you spend supporting your team isn't for you hardcore fans.