BC Place

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by vettefredje redded, Jan 19, 2012.

1. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Does anyone have pictures of BC Place in soccer configuration without the nets, so you can see all stands? Can anyone post such a picture here? It's very hard to find one, are there any? Maybe when Mexico will play against the US, then it might be really sold out.

2. whitecapfever

whitecapfever New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    BC Place is in Canada so I don't see how a Mexican/Amercan game would sell out.

3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The US Fed is brilliant. Instead of ripping off Americans with overpriced tickets now they are going to start ripping off Canadians.

4. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Thanks for the pic, but is there also someone in soccer mode available without that ugly roof covering 50% of the stands?

6. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If I'm understanding your question, you want a pic of the stadium without the upper deck hidden? Here is one from the Grey Cup:

[​IMG]

But from what I understand, they are expecting 6000-8000 people to the games, so the upper deck will most likely have the tarps up

7. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Thanks, but is there really no picture of the stadium in soccer mode/configuration without the nets/roof? I would love to see a picture like that.

8. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    There has not been a soccer game without the secondary roof (nets as you call them).

There probably won't be until they get some friendly where they have a big club here, and can sell more than 26,000 tickets and need to open the upper deck.

9. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Are there such matches planned?

10. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hopefully, but no word yet. Last summer Man City came and played a friendly and I think they got about 21,000 to the game. Maybe someone else here knows the exact sales figure?

11. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nothing announced. I do hope they get someone big and we can have a great game with 40,000 or more.

12. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    I wonder if they'll open it when/if Beckham comes to town. If we string some wins together, I think we'll see an increase in attendance over last year in the stadium, to the point where if we have big matches (like beckham) it might be considered.

I'd like to dream that big games games vs Seattle/Montreal etc. will draw a bunch more fans...

13. VegasNYC

VegasNYC Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    MLS Cup 2012 !!!

14. whitecapfever

whitecapfever New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Lenarduzzi said once that they would consider opening the upper bowl if they can get a REAL MADRID or MANCHESTER UNITED to play a friendly. He also flirted with the idea of opening it up if we make the playoffs.

15. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Montreal is going to play some games in Olympic Stadium. TFC is playing its upcoming CCL match at Skydome. I'd love to see things get to the point where the big venues get used when Canadian teams play each other. With the number of MLS teams that would only be once per year. Make it a bit like the Labour Day games in the CFL.

16. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Are they going to use the same ugly tarps or will perhaps they will switch to something with a sponsor logo like the Sounders have

17. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I wish they just covered the upper deck seats with tarps as well. The tarping looked ok at first glance but now that I have been to many games it just doesn't seem right.

18. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Is there anyone who can go to BC Place and take a picture of the stadium without the tarps and in soccer configuration? Then I can add it to http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com in the near future.

19. *Injektilo

*Injektilo Member

Feb 1, 2008
    That would only be possible by someone who works inside BC Place - and considering that there are no CFL games for another 4 months, there's no reason to take the tarps down. They might make the upper bowl available if the Whitecaps land a big European club for a friendly.

20. Carnell

Carnell New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Why is BC Place not using the soccer seating formation for the womens olympic qualifying tournament? It looks like the CFL lower bowl.

21. VegasNYC

VegasNYC Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Id imagine it would cost extra money to do it and CONCACAF probably didnt feel it was worth it.

Great crowd for the Canada v Mexico game BTW. I hope the final has a big turnout as well.

22. Carnell

Carnell New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    its retractable seating as far as i know it should be as easy as pressing a button, its out for the whitecaps game.

23. vettefredje redded

Sep 12, 2011
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    If anyone can help me with getting a picture of BC Place in soccer mode without the retractable roof covering the stands (s)he's a hero :cool:

24. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    We heard you the first time :cool:... The upper bowl has not been opened for a soccer match yet. I'm sure once we get a big game this year there will be a ton of pics posted.

25. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    2 photos from Canada Soccer during the recent Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]