Bayern Munich Transfer Update thread part 2

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by MikeLastort2, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree, I wish he would stay and I think they can win the CL with him this year but you know the typical football fans outside Germany, the league is weaker and they'll never recognize him like they do Ronaldinho.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My point exactly.....

3. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    They also don't compare Müller with Maradona, because Germans have a other style of playing football than southern countries.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Didn't they play different positions too??? Wasn't Maradona a midfielder?

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Did they? I thought they were maybe the fifth best team in the tournament......

6. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes they had a good chance. This year they also had a superb defence. Only against Chelsea the defence played ugly. Unfortunately Makaay and Pizarro wasn't in London and wasn't fit in Munich.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think they would have beaten Chelsea even with Makaay and Pizarro.

8. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    You think no, i think yes, but they had a good chance.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually hoped they would beat Chelsea. I don't like Bayern, but I absolutely HATE Chelsea.

And although I wanted Bayern to do it, I felt they never had a real chance.

Sure, we disagree, but good discussion is why I love these boards.

I can definitely see your side. I disagree, but I know why you feel the way you do.

10. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    It's coming a new CL-season and we will see what happens. I'm optimistic.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As well you should be. I do agree that if there's any season they could do it, it's this one.......

I think the difference is, I think they can do it with or without Ballack and no one else thinks that way.

At least I don't think anyone else does.

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, the reason many people think Ballack is the vital factor is because he plays such a vital role for Bayern now. Could FCB really have done it without Effe, Ballack and Effenberg aren't the same type of players but both have the most influence, ESPECIALLY in big moments where they can step it up an extra level.

I think every Bayern player is getting better now, no one is on the decline...maybe except Liza but he did quite well last season in the CL...and maybe Kahn but his form could go drastically either way.

This CL campaign will also depend on the opposition and the moderate level of difficulty route to the final after the group stages.

13. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

footy. I changed the Köln thread title...See if it looks all right.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, that was effin' fast!! Thanks man!!

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I was going to say Ballack is no Effenberg. The difference I see in the two of them is that Effe lifted the team emotionally in addition to giving a spark from the midfield. Ballack puts the team on his own back a bit more.

Given the choice, I'd rather have an Effenberg. A Ballack can always be stopped. Then the team is screwed. A guy like Effenberg pushes everyone to play better. That's how Bayern took it in 01. They weren't just "destined", they did it together. They were truly the best team. Not the most talented squad, the best team.

I don't think how much better they play individually means squat. They'll win the BL because they are just that much more talented than everyone else, but in the CL, they have to be the best TEAM, or they don't stand a chance. Again, that's how they took it in 01. They were the best team, not the best group of individuals compiling a squad.

I think if this Bayern squad can learn to play together the way the 01 squad did, they will be hard for anyone to beat. Including Chelsea, Milan, Real, etc.

The bad thing is, if any of those clubs ever got their guys to play as a team, they could still beat Bayern.

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    We aim to please :)

Just caught me at a good time.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, you're right....they have lots of good players and Magath has to put it all together, but I don't neccessarily think the other teams could beat Bayern by just playing as a team. There is a lot more to what it takes to win including discpline and stamina.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Chelsea, for one, has those things already. They were just unlucky against Liverpool.

About the only team I mentioned I believe does not already have those qualities is Real Madrid.........

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ballack has a lot of the same qualities as Gerrard, in terms of leading his team and trying to get his team to win by taking it on his shoulders. Iono if that's necessarily a good thing in the long term, but it works well in a one game situation, like in Istanbul.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is exactly where my "Effenberg over Ballack" comments come into play. This is exactly what I mean.

Give the guy who inspires the entire team to lift its game rather than putting the team on his shoulders and doing it all himself.

21. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Liverpool came back against Milan when Hamann came in. Gerrard didn't play very good.

22. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure I agree with the last sentence of your post.

Yes... Liverpool were allowed some attacking luxury when Hamann came on to play in the defensive mid spot, but Gerrard was the catalyst that started that whole burrage of goals that left Milan gasping for air.

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didi was a vital factor in the second half but Gerrard was the man of the match, he was ALL OVER the pitch working his ass off.

24. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    OK, Gerrard didn't play poor but not as good as the commentator said. For me he surely wasn't the man of the match. Especially at the first half when Liverpool seemed to be nervous he didn't help the team. This changed then when Hamann came. Since this moment the team startet to play football.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're the first and only person I've seen who thinks Gerrard wasn't Man of the Match.

Just because Hamann came in at the same time as the team waking up doesn't mean he's responsible for it.

Personally, I think Benitez challenged their manhood at halftime.......

From what I saw, Hamann helped, but Gerrard was CLEARLY the catalyst of that Liverpool fight-back.

I don't even like the guy (Gerrard), but I know what I saw.

I guess this shows the statement saying two people can watch the same thing at the same time and see two different things rings true in this case. ;)