Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by NORML, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Right, but for online play or the campaign itself?

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    online play, it is on as standard and i removed it, but when i put it back on it has made it alot easier

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmmm.

I'll have to look that up...

4. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah and I get that. It's so gratifying to finally do use those classes and actually succeed but more often than not, I get destroyed. I'll keep learning. The more I continuously play, the better I'm getting.

5. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just getting into this (only at level 5). I'm not usually a big fan of online shooters, but I'm enjoying it so far. I have a team of mates I squad up with (their levels are fairly high), and it's nice working as a team. I've decided to go with, and stick with, the engineer. I'm enjoying my role as the vehicle destroyer, and though I'm not getting as many kills as i would like, I score quite well on points (mainly through capturing flags\areas, kill assists, vehicle take downs, etc). I think of myself as a good squad player.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i'm getting into it, only level 3 now, took ages to transition from mw3 to this lol

karl, u on ps3?

7. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Xbox 360.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    PS3 for the win...

9. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally found a server that has friendly fire. For me, BF3 and Arma has overlaps in thinking with being a striker, my favorite position. Simply finding the path of least resistance. I wish BF3 had bigger maps though, just like I hate indoor soccer, comparatively. BF3 is like indoor, Arma 2 like outdoor.

I love the mental battles....you see some peep in the corner of your screen, running at an angle away from you....so you get the visual- if not impression- that he's running along merrily having not seen you. You alter course to flank him, and he does the same when you're out of sight, (you're guessing he's trying to trick you too), so you take the third way and pop him in the back.

Then you accidentally friendly fire some dude, who kills you back, as you smile and fly past him in the rankings. ********ing hell, I'm past level ten now, methinks it's time to join an outdoor team. :eek:

10. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious but what weapons are you guys currently using? I was looking at some weapon stats because the game does a fairly lousy job of explaining the benefits of each gun

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    USAS 12 and the UMP 45 are my favs. Also, if you are looking to add 3 to 4 more kills per games, the claymores placed in strategic positions will help you with adding to your kills. I see a lot of people love to use the Famas but I hardly ever play with the assault so I have not earned it yet since I have not completed that "Back to Karkand" assignment..

12. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am always getting killed by these 2 guns! I should actually have the UMP unlocked so I'll have to give it a shot. I never understood why people would use a submachine gun over an assault rifle but I guess it's supposed to have good stopping power.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The UMP totally does the job. I never used a scope, just the red dot. Once you make Colonel, you get access to the USAS.

I am also horrible at sniping and despite having the high rank, I have not done much as a sniper...to hard to hit the target unless he is not moving and you get the chance to shoot him like 4-5 times.

14. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I personally use the G36C, G53 (and occasionally the SG553) and Saiga12k. All with the holographic sight, fore-grip and heavy barrel. They all work great, the Carbines are great for medium and longer range stuff. And you can't beat a shotgun up close. In terms of sniper rifles, I unlocked the M39 through the Co-Op missions. I use it with no scope and just run around with it, it usually 2-3 shot kills. The best example of running around with a sniper rifle is this video: (NSFW) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XqmSJd3LX4&feature=related"]Battlefield 3 - Die weiße Elefantendame (L96) - MP Gameplay [GER] - YouTube[/ame]

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Are you one of those frag round bastardos?

What I use depends entirely on the game type, the map, the team/squad and the approach the enemy takes. Generally speaking I will start with the Famas (slightly overpowered) on Assault or with the G36C on engineer if the level has vehicles. After that it depends on the situation.

16. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did you guys sort of fall into using your weapons after using them and saying "yeah this works" or did you go out and do some research? I'm just curious because normally I switch between M4/G36/M249 and I've found that I can lay down a lot more firepower with the M249 so I've just been drifting towards using that more

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I can be...and I have been. :cool:

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    finally used to it now and doing well! the conquest game type is my favourite, alot of level up points available there!

19. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For me it was basically either: "Hey this works" or "Wow this is garbage"

The Frag rounds are annoying when you're being shot at, but they're fantastic when you're the one shooting. I still prefer the Carbine over the Shotgun simple because of the range and how quickly you can fire.

Nice man, Conquest is the best game mode imho. The vehicles are great, I usually stick to the MBT and Attack Helicopter myself.

20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm still enjoying it. I'm still not good enough at aiming at moving targets (this is the first online fps that I've really got into), but I'm getting better with my A-91 with its mods. To be honest though, I'm into my explosives. Nothing better for me, than when I'm attacking\defending a flag from one side of the map, and I see this come up on the screen.

Vehicle Disabled
    Vehicle Destroyed
    Enemy Killed
    Enemy Killed
    Flag Defended

That right mofo's I took back that flag.......and I was half way across the other side of map when I did it.:D

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i'm like rambo, running round with my machine gun and throwing c4 on tanks taking them out lol

22. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The best player on our squad (I play with 3 mates) got 57 kills the other day. He usually averages between 20-30, but the rest of us were like :eek: The rest of our team of 11 totalled around 48 that game.:eek:

What's worse, I told him yesterday about a gun I heard about that was supposed to be pretty lethal, called the USAS. He had it, but had never tried it....he's just started building it up.

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the famas looks good but i havn't got it yet, i like using the first mg u unlock as a support class....need to get the expansion too!

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Squad Deathmatch on Streets of Tehran, I managed to go for a whole round without dying. I got the tank right off the bat and cruised around the whole round. I had a great engineer and managed 32 kills and, of course, winning the round.

;)

25. DCUSKINS

DCUSKINS Member

May 26, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FAMAS is pretty sick. Anyone here play on the PS3?