Battlefield 1943

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by muskiesrock35, Jul 10, 2009.

1. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Did any of you XBL players get this game yet? I've heard horror stories about not being able to connect to a server and terrible lag. Apparently EA didn't anticipate it would be as popular as it is and didn't get close to enough servers.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Not got it but it seems they are having the same problems that Battlefield Heroes suffered from when it launched it still does at peak times.

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't experienced any lag issues but it can take a dozen tries to find a game and its pretty much impossible to play with friends. Hopefully it'll get sorted out cause its a fun game and would be even better playing with friends.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coral Sea map is now available to play for the 360 version. It took only 5 days to reach 43 million kills. Man that is almost 9,000,000 kills a day.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest I'm not all that impressed. I've been playing it a bit, but that's because I've got nothing else to play right now. I'm getting very annoyed with the piss poor map rotating. I played on Iwo Jima for five straight games, it's ridiculous.

6. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've still never managed to connect to a game in the demo. I *might* have splashed out for this if it had worked; now... I think I'll save my $15 and just stick to CoD4 until MW2 comes out.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EA & DICE are trying to recapture last summer when that Battlefield Bad Company demo was a suprise source of entertainment just like BF: BC, however, because Bad Co. 2 is coming out fall/winter there is nothing to keep interest in EA until the yearly sports rehashes are available.