Battle for the Bottom: Galaxy vs. Real Fake Lake ALL IN ONE THREAD

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Aug 30, 2007.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Battle for the Bottom: Galaxy vs. Real Fake Lake PRE-GAME THREAD

Words fail me.

I can't take this anymore.

2. nikehair

nikehair New Member

Jan 17, 2007

Do they not know what one touch passing is?

3. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY

F this.

4. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not so frustrated anymore, as I am just plain sad.

5. TOJAS

TOJAS New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada

You know, I think if Beckham hadn't gotten a knee sprain, he might be considering having his wife run over his foot with her Bentley, just to keep from being the "face" of the Galaxy....:(
    It was such a good first half....
    At this point, I just feel sorry for Yallop.

6. Wicked1

Wicked1 New Member

May 16, 2007
    Southern Cali
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They shouldn't have traded Findley, I said that from the beginning. For Clein, no less.

Here is yet another loss, because of Lando missing a penalty, and the continuous babbles in the midfield by Vagenas

7. Bv3000

Bv3000 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Ventura

I was excited after Wednesday night. I thought this team was finally going to get it together. This is so frustrating.

8. Iluvgoalkeepers

Iluvgoalkeepers New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    Long Beach, Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now this is just sad. I really thought Galaxy would get three points tonight.

9. EMKennedyLucio

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 2, 2006
    Chesapeake
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The team has got to be cursed. It is not enough to have players that suck but we have to be unlucky too? A missed PK, a shot off the top post, a brilliant save from the opposing keeper over the top? Findley scores. What the hell man?

Oops I see lighting and hear thunder outside, what a fitting way to end an evening.

10. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hated and still hate the Findley-Sturgis for Klein trade and I'll hate it 10 years from now. This crap is all on Lalas, just to many mistakes and the Galaxy has some of the worst first touches ever

11. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There ought to be a result tag in the title.

As miserable as the result was/is.

12. TOJAS

TOJAS New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada

I thought Cronin played pretty well...a little over-eager to aid the swiss cheese defense.
    Xavier looked off tonight. Injury bothering him? Seemed slow and tentative with the ball.

13. Galaxy64

Galaxy64 Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WE SSSUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!:mad:

14. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

no such thing as a curse, it's just lack of confidence. this team has been losing for so long now they don't believe they can win. you can see them second guessing themselves out there and trying too hard; thinking too much.

we've played our best soccer against three teams: dallas, pachuca and united. in my estimation those three teams were so good and so quick they forced our guys to just play. no thinking about what cross to make or how to take a shot, the opposition didn't give them that time and so we played to our potential. you could actually see the change in the team at 4-0 against dallas, with that cushion they started thinking too much about the right play to make and that's when we lost it.

we're out of the play-offs now, and i hope the training staff makes that abundantly clear on monday morning. we need to start getting in shape for 08 and the guys need to start playing soccer to play soccer not to win. if we play to win we're going to lose and the team is going to get demoralized and take that attitude in to next season. the players need to play for the love of the game now.

at the same time AEG better be making some drastic ********ing changes to ensure this is our last season of being a laughing stock.

15. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have been a fan since, well since andrew shue. I don't see me going to any more games this year. I am not abandoning the team, the team has abandoned us. Our front office has lost its way, the coaching staff has lost its mind, and the players have lost their heart. Well...I still may go but I have never before gone to a game and felt we had already lost before the first whistle. This is how I feel now. Unless some drastic changes happen we will continue our downward slope.
    The players don't seem to have the fundamentals down
    the coaching does not know how to positively affect the game
    the owners don't care
    the fans don't complain to the F.O.

16. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles

I feel embarassed for having hope after wednesday. I feel embarassed for thinking this team could by some miracle turn it around. I feel embarassed i fell for it again. How many times have they played a great game, and by great game i mean have a moral victory, and then come out the next day and ******** up? So atleast we can get a high draft pick...but knowing how organization works, our draft pick will be traded away and then that draft pick will score on us.

17. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't follow this game, TV or radio. Now it looks like it was a good thing that I didn't have to witness and suffer thru it. I feel for all of the frustrated fans.

18. SoccerSmack

SoccerSmack New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Draper, UT

For what it is worth, you would get the second pick. San Jose will get #1. Sorry, didn't mean to rub salt in the wound. Tough loss tonight, I thought LA played pretty well, good enough to win.

Too bad for Yallop, he is a nice guy, and a decent coach, but he has been given a hand he can't win with by the FO, and I think he is going to take the blame.

19. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

See...every time we've showed our special talents this season and seemed like we had something to build upon, we go and lose the very next game in the most humiliating way possible.

We're consistent in our inconsistency....

20. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

We FlapJacks enjoyed listening to TommyMack converse with Galaxy staff after the game.

Keep up the good work.

21. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Well, that sucked. We played OK in the first half but just didn't finish our chances. I don't have the heart to watch the recording (and why do we always lose when we're on HDNet - I love watching soccer in HD) so these are my impressions from the game.

Gordon was the good Gordon. He hustled, got a goal and drew a penalty. Yes, his touch is awful, which is why he'll never be Brian Ching, but still, he did his job.

Buddle: I take it back about there being no bad players. He was useless. No speed, no workrate, and he freezes in front of the goal. And what is it about Yallop and speed? We must be starting the slowest front line in all of MLS.

Donovan: Badly taken penalty. We should let Kline do it from now on. Or even Buddle :rolleyes: As always, playing Landon wide is a mixed bag. It was a really nice cross to Gordon and the slicing pass to Buddle was fantastic. But he just doesn't get enough touches when he plays wide so he disappears more than usual.

Martino: Indifferent game. Didn't do much (although from the stands it looked like he deserved the penalty).

Harmse: Not a good game from him. I think he's wearing out. RSL was effective in not giving us space in the midfield and without space Harmse isn't going to do much.

Vagenas: Just bad. You know, if we're playing two defensive midfielders you'd think we would get more defense in the midfield.

Klein: Worked really hard. Was connecting well with Landon but couldn't seem to get the crosses right. I actually thought he shouldn't have pushed up on attack so much. He was completely gassed at the end.

Xavier: Same thing. Mostly solid defensively but he is completely worn down.

Randolph: Another decent game from him. Solid defensively but not much on the attack. He's winning the left back job but not making much of a case for left mid.

Roberts: I actually though he was playing well until everything went bad. Seriously. He was effective in anticipating the play and getting to the ball first. But he simply doesn't have it when going one on one with a fast forward. I miss Ugo.

Cronin: Not that much to do. I couldn't tell how much he was at fault on the second goal.

Overall, were tired and have lost the killer instinct. I expect us to give up at least two goals in every game from now on so the attack better get it in gear if we ever want to win again.

22. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

What did he say?

23. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

just got back from the game and i am disgusted. what a joke. what a f**king joke! too make it worse, this is my last game of the season, cuz i have to go back up to school in the bay in a couple weeks. this'll leave a bad taste in my mouth till next summer.

wow, i really thought we were gonna do well after we went up in the 6th minute. Alan Gordon flat out sucks and could be outrun by the lunchboxes given away at tonights game (as someone has so aptly put it) but he does seem to score the occasional goal. We were really the better team in the 1st half and had so many chances. We really should have been up by more at the break.

I am absolutley flabbergasted that Lando missed ANOTHER pk. Unbeleievable. 2 in a row. I am more dissapointed with all of the wasted corners and free kicks he had in the 2nd half though.

And Cronin was nothing special. he had a couple good saves, and played way of his line to put an end to breakaways, but was not great. Hopefully Cannon will be feeling fit again for the next match and people can put away the whole "give Cronin a chance" thing, becuase Joe is clearly better.

This team is terrible. Our forwards all suck. Do we have one decent striker? really? Gordon is lumbering and slow. Budddle reminds me of all that is wrong with Eddie Johnson (whom i like): He is timid, takes plays off, and refuses to attack. Pavon is old and slow, and while he gives 100%, he is ineffective unless he has becks serving up crosses for him.
    I wish Sesay would be given a chance. why the hell not honestly. I thought i saw him out there warming up, but he wasnt on the bench. Is that right? and if so, why?

ugggghhh, i could go on ranting all night. but its gotta stop. I can't beleive this is probably the last time I will ever see Cobi Jones play either. Damn. I remember seeing him back at the rosebowl, 10 years ago. Definitly the end of an era for me at the game tonight.

24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

yeah do tell.

25. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26

Welcome to how RSL has felt for the last three years, although you do have Beckham. Every team, even DC United, has gone through hard times. I don't doubt that LA will be a serious contender next year after you get rid of Lalas. Who made that call? Didn't we learn from his stint in Italy?