Basile, Local PLayers Idea!!!!????

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Castroman, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Maybe some of u havent heard the news but after the match against Sao Paulo Basile told reports that he has many local players on his mind and by January 2007 he's going to make a program where he picks a team of 20-23 local players and they practice weekly every Mon, Tue, Wed!!!!

Basile didnt want to mention names but the only player he did mention was Gago! he also said that doesnt mean European based players will be ignored, but this way even the local players get their chances and he can have a local NT :>:>:> any comments guys?

2. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think its good, this way he grabs the best from argentina and the best from europe and makes a deadly squad

3. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Gago, palacio, Belluschi, Ustari, Scocco .... What would be your XI ?

4. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    saja
    ibarra botinelli gioda krupoviesa

rengo diaz gago kily gonzales

montenegro

lavezzi higauin

i put gago cuase i think that itll show that tyc and ole make up his skill

5. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    im gonna pick 23

Ustari/Carrizo/Lux

Cabrera/Ferrari-----Cabral/Diaz------Botinelli/Abraham-----Mareque/Broggi

--------------------------Gago/Torres

Belluschi/Machin----------------------------------Cardozo/Botinelli

------------------------Datolo/Archubi

-----------Lavezzi/Castroman--------------Higuain/Zarate

6. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    This is a bad idea....

Basile will not last until the world cup.

7. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    and why is that?

8. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    Isnt that impossible anyways now?

With AFA's contract with their new Russian sponsors (I believe) they have a 70% list of players Basile has to choose from, as well as them choosing when the team plays and against who...

Link for the Info

9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    hes not training a local team for some friendlies! u guys dont get the concept? he's trying to know and figure out the players in our league and get to know them more and see who fits his system and who doesnt which is a great way of knowing the talents we have in Argentina and this way the local players also get a chance to impress the coach and get looked at instead of only having the europe based players get all the chances got it guys?

10. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it is a great idea, I always wanted to see more players playing in Argentina in the NT. IMO it would be great to go back to the days when even players playing in the "B" or smaller teams would be looked at. Now the only way a player makes it to the NT is to be playing for either River/Boca or in Europe.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that move by Basile is brilliant!

the sponsors of friendlies will be so confused with the list of players, that very soon they will turn over total control of call-ups to el Coco.....with an ample list of players it will be hard for the sponsor to tell him who is performing at a NT level.

On the other hand: the euros and agents, will move in a market that loves to snatch NT material - los jugadores locales se cotizaran mas alto, que cuando solo los sacan de equipos de 3rd o 4th linea en el campeonato local

12. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Che Coco......el Rolfi Es Argentino

13. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    I don't get why people want local players in the NT...... Most players that play in Europe are better, taht is why they are bought for so much money. Why do people even care.

Basile is a horrible coach on the NT. He better not keep calling Clemente Rodrigues to the team.

I don't get how a team that has so many good players keeps under achiving.

14. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A player's talent is somewhat a matter of opinion and sometimes not all that it is needed to win. Team play overcomes individual talent, the name doesn't make the player. Personnaly the "problem" that I have with having players playing in Europe in the NT is that they become "Europeanized"? and tend not to play at the "Argentinian" style of football. I would really like to see a NT that plays at the same pace and style that teams in our league play. I think that Pekerman's team was a step closer to that and that is why people in Argentina responded much better to this team. If we play "our" way I think that we would have better results. Also, by choosing players in Argentina you gain some surprise factor, as other teams would not have heard or played against our players. Also, basically people in Argentina want to see their idols on the team, not guys that they haven't seen in the last 8-10 years.

Anyway, I think that Basile's plan is not only a way to allow more players in Argentina to be in the team but as a way to develop talent and creating team unity, cohesion, which is hard to do with everyone playing all over the globe.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    read again

the idea is to have a grp of 'potential' players for the NT practicing in ezeiza with some regularity.... I will just make the pool of players ample

no one is saying that copa america or Important friendlies in Europe will be held using local players.... (but, if they do.....It will be nice to see the results and effort from the ones that WANT to stay for good)

16. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    That "european superiority" thing gets me every time. How can anyone say that the european league is better than those in (for example) south america when their leagues wouldn't be WHAT THEY ARE without our players?? Or how do they account for the fact that intercontinental cups/ club world cups are evenly distributed between continents? Let me guess, have we been buying European players?

pfft

Good on Basile for trying to dismiss that ridiculous notion, and bringing the possibility of local players.

17. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh yeah forgot to mention for those of u who think that local players suck?

1978 world champions all played in Argentina :>
    1986 world champions about most of them played in argentina :>

not to mention we were smashed 3-0 by brazil 2 weeks ago and their team had more locals than europeans :> so if u dont think local players are good enough for national level 2004 olympics would be a good example

or maybe i can say that without argentinians and brazilians playing in spain and italy i dont think many ppl would be viewing the games :> or even watch them :>

18. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

precisamente!

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina