Barrett/West: Viking vs. Fredrikstad, 10/30 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ThreeApples, Oct 31, 2004.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wade Barrett played the full match in a 5-2 loss to close out the season. West did not play, presumably due to his injury. FFK finishes in 10th place out of 14 with 32 points in 26 games.

2. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Barrett is rated a 3 by vg.no.

West's final average is 5.58, second-best among all players in the Norwegian top flight.

3. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Wow, congrats to Brian......what a great job by him...

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Other papers rate him lower but ... he started off the season with "4s" and a few "5s". He finished the season exceptionally well. If one were to calculate his grades after the mid-summer break, it'd just may make Brian the highest rated player in Norway.

5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The big Norwegian newspaper VG have made their official dreamteam from the Tippliga 2004.

Playing in a 4-4-2 formation

-------------------- Ali Al-Habsi (Lyn)

D. Brocken(VIF) - R. Soma(SKB) - F. Kippe(LSK) - C. Andersson(LSK)

M.G. Pedersen(TIL) - A. Gashi(VIF) - Petter Rudi(Molde) - R. Kvisvik(SKB)

----------- Brian West (FFK) - Robbie Winters (SKB)

For the first time since 1987 ther is no Rosenborg players in the team !?

6. Red Raider

Red Raider New Member

Feb 4, 2000
    I would not read to me into Barrett's ratings. Most newcomers have to play awhile before they are evaluated fairly. West is the best example; his talent began to show through and his ratings went up.

When Barrett arrived with the new central defenders, the defense stiffened and the team began to win; as a result, a team that was dead last avoided relegation and moved up the table. His ratings were not high, but the clips provided on TV2 revealed that his left side held up their end of the bargain.

Barrett had done exactly the same thing with Aarhus; he helped them win and avoid relegation. For a left back, that may be the best that can be said.

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Will FFK make a bid on Barrett ?.. or will he now return to AGF Aarhus, who dont seem to want/need him on a team that is doing rather well in the Danish league at the moment...

8. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive been reading lots of great things about him. You think he should be called into the national team this november? I think they should call him up, and I think Arena should give him a shot in the foinla round with some bigshots like Mcbride.

9. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    He was called by Arena but he will not be able to play due to his injury. That is the latest I know of.

Edit: See the last paragrapgh here --
    http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=news&id=000310

10. Red Raider

Red Raider New Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Perhaps this link to the AGF web site provides some information about what AGF will do. http://www.agf.co.dk/docs/aktuelt/Indhold_detaljeret.asp?id=2075

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    For context's sake, what can you tell us about the rest of those players? The only one I think I've heard of is Kippe...

12. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    It says they're awaiting a bid from F'stad for Barrett, who is under contract for another 6 to 12 months with AGF. If my InterTran skills are working right.

13. E. & P.

E. & P. New Member

Mar 14, 2003
    I wonder what nationality Robbie Winters is.

14. OneGoodKnee

OneGoodKnee Member

Jun 5, 2003
    SLC, UT
    Scottish, I believe.

15. halfnorsk

halfnorsk New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA