barra brava makes sports reporters today

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by scruggs45, Nov 30, 2004.

1. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    as im driving home from work the guys on sports reporters were getting all excited about todays baseball vote

then they started talking about when can they start working on cleaning up rfk...one of the guys mentions that we need to make sure we dont hire union workers that need $18/hr to pick up beer bottles...i think it was steve czeban who then said maybe we can just get the barra brava to do it...

the fact that douche bags like that know who we are means we are at least on the radar...if you ask me...any mention is a good mention

a few years ago there is no chance that loser knows who we are...we made a lot of noise this year and i hope it continues to increase

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It was Czaban. Andy Pollin would never go out of his way to mention DC United or anything to do with them. I was surprised that they didn't go with the "let the soccer team play in the parking lot" angle again...

Fvckers!

Thx,

Jay!

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wonder if that was some sort of racist dig. Get the hispanics to do it. I'll be happy to pick up a bottle and shove it right up Czabans ass.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Czaban? What kind of queer commie name is that?

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it sounds like a racist dig. fvck that station now. someone should complain to the station

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Fixed your post.

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I wrote to ESPN once regarding some comments Stuart Scott made. He was off the air for a couple of weeks later. Don't know if my letter had anything to do with it. Maybe someone should complain. I'll sign on as an additional offended party, but it would probably sound disingenuous if I wrote my own letter.

Thx,

Jay!

8. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

It's not even worth my time to comment on those a holes! :mad:

9. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    :mad: I've never heard of this show but after hitting the exacta (insulting the Barra, and Union labor) they can go fvck themselves. :mad:

Please include me on any complaints to the network.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fvck that dude, someone tells you to go pick up trash just because you're hispanic and that's not worth your comments? FVCK Czaban, soccer bashing's one thing, this is something completely different.

http://www.sportstalk980.com/lineup/sportsreporters.html

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Exactly, Chico. People have gotten fired for saying much less.

12. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    You know, I hate to say it Chico, but I don't really think he meant it like that. He probably only knows one thing about DC United and it's fans and that is the name Barra Brava. I kind of agree that, even if he is a moron and even if he is a soccer hater, the fact that he knows the name of the group means we are doing something right. I mean, I don't know the names of hardly any other MLS supporters groups, save ESC because they are pathetic and the Riot Squad or whatever they are called because from what I understand they are pretty good fans.

Now, had he called us Las Barracudas, that's where I would draw the line.
    :D

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll tell what little he knows about DC United. They have some kid named Freddy Adu playing for them and their fan base is mostly hispanic. La Barra Brava sounds hispanic to me.....

14. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, of course it was.

It was a totally assholish thing to say.

15. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    can the anglo represent and tune this twit for his barra brothers ?

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've already sent that assclown a nasty letter that I'd rather not share with the class. I've got a bad feeling that the closer we get to actually sharing the stadium, the nastier the attacks on us (Soccer fans, not the Barra) will get. We've either got to grow some thicker skin or stand up and be heard.

17. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they want to pick on soccer fans as a whole that's fine. But they can't be singling out groups of us by making nasty ethnic slurs.

Put another way, if they're going to say things about hispanics in Barra Brava then they need to talk about the Trekkish tendencies of the Screaming Eagles.

We need to demand equal opportunity abuse!

18. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree that somebody should complain to the press. In this day and age there is simply no place for racism of any kind and these people deserve to be kicked off the air and worse.

19. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    The guy needs his ass fired for what was clearly a racist remark. Like others have said, people have been fired for less.

I also think some of my Local 99 brothers would be more than happy to give this cork sucker an old school union history lesson, Louisville Slugger style (I prefer the 34oz.).

20. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I am sure some of my Iatse 22 and Iatse 487 brothers and sisters would have a problem with it too...funny...they make the aftra and sag maggots reality possible...ohhh and wait...then there is Nabet...hmmmm 487 was originally a Nabet local..hmmmm

21. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, I see it has been decided that I am clearly wrong on this issue. Oh, well, it won't be the first time I've had to get someone's back even though I didn't agree with them. Now, where did I put my whippin' stick? :D

22. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    would someone please post the website for the station that the sportsreporters air on ?? ? I have never heard them, so i dont know where to address my complaint.... :mad:

23. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I second that motion.

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  25. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the show archived?

I only ask because it would be good if someone could listen to the show, hear the actual remark - make a .wav of it of some sort and post it somewhere so everyone who wishes to complain can know where they can actually hear it first.

On the face of it, I'd complain about it, too, but I'd like to hear what he actually said and the context he said it in before I fire off a nasty letter.