Barra Brava 2nd Annual* Mini Golf Tournament August 13th

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by rwhgeek, Jul 23, 2008.

1. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of the Richmondites interested in forming a team and making the drive. I could be game? Details below.

Barra Brava 2nd Annual* Mini Golf Tournament August 13th 2008 at Top Golf

A Fundraiser for United for DC and the Barra Charitable Fund

Join DC United’s” Legendary 12th Man”—La Barra Brava—and United Players, Coaches and Staff for the 2nd Annual Mini-Golf tournament at Top Golf in Alexandria, VA. Fan foursomes will play with a United star, teams will get prizes and we’ll have a raffle featuring items from United as well as donations from Barra business partners and items from some of the generous Barra members with deep closets full of United stuff.

Cost to play is $15 for members and $20 for non members (this is per person). You can also join La Barra Brava at the event and get an on the spot discount (as well as a Barra jersey and other great Barra benefits).

Sign up to play at barraminigof@gmail.com For more information contact Robert Gillespie (Big Rob) at 202-280-4383.

WE NEED SPONSORS—we have 4 or five lined up but we’d like to get all 18 holes sponsored. Sponsorships are $250 and include a foursome at the tourney, as well as logo on all our mailings, publicity and mention in our press releases. We will have media (go you mediawhores) at the event. Please contact BigRob with any sponsorship leads.

WE NEED RAFFLE DONATIONS—we need gift certificates, items, United gear, etc. for our raffle. Contact BigRob with any donations.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS—Our great team from 06 is back but we can always use more help, both at the event and in the buildup to it. Again contact BigRob for more info.

Top Golf is located at Conveniently located at 6625 S. Van Dorn Street in Alexandria Virginia, just 1.4 miles south of I-495.

Phone: 703-924-2600

2. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Ooo tempting...that's only about 5 or so minutes from my parents' house too! I'm already taking off so much time in August (moving, vacation, BFD7), so unfortunately I'll have to see if I get the day off by luck, but I wouldn't know until it's too late. :/ It would be rad to have a Richmond team though...can we pick our United player? ;)

3. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any interest? Anyone? Confirmation Liz?

4. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Unfortunately I had to take Tuesday off for an appointment, which means I work all day Wednesday. :(