Bargain Buys

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by soccerplaya14, Nov 18, 2004.

1. soccerplaya14

soccerplaya14 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Does anyone know about any bargain buys for this game? Guys like Farnerud in the first one and Braathen in the last one, that cost between 100 and 250 thousand, but ended up rating between 7.5 and 8.5 and being worth 20 million. Thanks. When I find them, I'll post as well.

2. ryaninsheffield

ryaninsheffield New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Sheffield
    Players

Hello, I'm Ryan, possibly the only USA fan in Sheffield and long-time CM player. I REFUSE to purchase Football Manager, as it would ruin my life. However, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone playing football manager (or whatever it's called in the U.S.) could be incredibly generous and give a BIG post aobut how the American players are in the game. I used to play with my English housemates and annoy the hell out of them by always purchasing American players, not matter how lousy they were. Ahh, the memories. Donavan and Orri Frey up front. Sheff Wed Scores!! flashFLASHflashFLASH

3. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Re: Players

I'm managing PSV in my first season and have already bought a rack of American players. So far I've picked up:

Adin Brown (on a free)
    Onyewu
    Marshall
    Dempsey
    Mullan
    Mapp (on a free)
    Ching
    Buddle
    EJ (on a free)

DMB is already on the team, so that's quite an American legion. I have a game editor, so I'm able to view players potential before I purchase them. All of them were above 150 which is pretty damn good. Ching, Mullan, Dempsey, Marshall, Onyewu, and Brown are all already solid contributors while the other guys are steadily improving in the reserves.

4. soccerplaya14

soccerplaya14 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Re: Players

bargain buys, anyone?

5. Birdkamp

Birdkamp New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Calgary
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not actually a buy, but more of a signing.
    I think he gets offers quickly, so you gotta offer almost instantly when you open the game.
    Dwight Pezzarosi. I had heard of him before, and I thought he was a fringe EPL player (and he may have been).
    But in this game, he has pace and finishing 20, and he racks up the goals. At least he does for me, Wigan, in the Championship.

Not totally cheap, but from anywhere between 1.7 and 2.1 you can get Joleon Lescott and he plays pretty well.