Bardsley starting for England against Denmark

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by moog, Jul 22, 2009.

1. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
  2. A Fan

A Fan New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    Congrats! She deserves this look, even if it is because of unfortunate circumstances for Brown.

3. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    And Bardsley made the Euro 2009 final roster, along with teammate Anita Asante. The FA website is down a the moment, but the roster is listed there. Once again, congrats, Bard!

4. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Bardsley is a good keeper and I felt comfortable with her between the posts. She has good positioning. She put up some great numbers in college and with the W-League. Not to take anything away from Branam who happily surprised me with her play. She alone made some great saves and kept SB in a few games. I will say Branam coming out always has my heart in my throat. Maybe I am just used to Solo who does things like its just another day at the office. I wish Bardsley luck. She has a great personality and writes some good stuff in her blogs. She is also a cutie and we share the same birthday. Go Bards!

5. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Once again, Bardsley gets a start for England--this time in an 8-0 thrashing of Malta in a World Cup qualifier. Not exactly a quality opponent, but still international experience. I'll be curious to see if she gets the nod against any of the better teams in their group.

6. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info, moog. I hadn't seen the England result yet. If Bardsley continues to develop and grow, she's got to have a good shot at the no. 1. Brown is not good (to my eyes).

7. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Bardsley adds another cap and another clean sheet for England in a qualifier against Turkey, winning 3-0.