Barcelona v Málaga [R] Pre/Post Match

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Catfish, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This should be a walk in the park. I see the Catalans trouncing Malaga.....3-0.

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Malaga isnt bad opponenet. They played well this season but were preaty unlucky not to win matches. But in other hand we play at home and that means a victory!!! I hope this are going to be nice shooting exercise :D

3. soorajm

soorajm Member

Nov 21, 2004
    any online stream for this match????

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    its not gonna be that easy

5. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    The recent injury to Ludovic Giuly has enabled young Javito to be called up by Frank Rijkaard to make his debut in the squad along with a host of other B team players including Verdú, Messi, Damià and Rubén.

With the incredible injury list that the Bluagrana now has, Frank Rijkaard has been forced to reinforce his squad with youngsters. Some of the names are already familiar with Rubén, Messi and Damià already regulars in the list. Now the Dutchman has had to add even more B team players to the squad with Verdú coming in along with the newest face, Javito, who has been called up for the first time.

An introduction to Javito

The 21-year-old Javito plays on the right wing and has been brought up to the first-team after Giuly's injury in midweek. He is a regular in the Barça B team and has made the right wing place his own after Damià was called into the first-team squad.

Javito has proved his class this season and has netted five goals for the team. Javito, who will be given the number 36 for the Málaga game, joined Barça in January 2001 from C. P. Moraleja and began his time at Camp Nou in the juveniles. After playing for the Barcelona C side, he was promoted to the B team for this season and has played in ten games, seven of them in the staring line-up.

Iniesta could start

There may be another surprise for the game on Saturday with Andrés Iniesta possibly earning a starting place. The injury to Giuly leaves a space on the right of midfield and the rising star could slot in there. "If the coach says I will play there, then that's what I'll do," Iniesta said. "I am always available to play wherever I am asked to. If I am told to play on the right that I will adapt. If Rijkaard wants me to play there, it will be because he thinks that I can."

"I normally start on the bench, but I always go on with the same drive," he continued. "I am always calm and am very satisfied with the way I have played and am pleased with the way things are going. "We all have an obligation to be ready when we go on," Iniesta, who has recently renewed his contract until 2010, added.

The complete list for todays match:

Frank Rijkaard's squad for the game against Málaga is: Deco, Valdés, Márquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Sylvinho, Belletti, Oleguer, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Van Bronckhorst, Fernando Navarro, Rubén, Damià, Messi, Verdú, Javito

6. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Barcelona go in search of their seventh consecutive victory in Camp Nou against Málaga on Saturday evening and coach Frank Rijkaard has called upon his team to ensure that their excellent home form continues.

The Dutch coach has warned that the game will not be easy. "Mákaga may not be having the best of times at the moment," he explained. "But they have a lot of talented players and they proved that with some good results at the start of the season." The match, which kicks off at 20:00 (Barça TV and PPV) is a great opportunity for the Blaugrana to confirm that they are making Camp Nou into a fortress, having not dropped a single point in the league there this season.

The injuries: Ludovic Giuly added himself to the extensive injury list when he limped out of the game against AIDS at Camp Nou on Tuesday. He joins Thiago Motta, Edmilson, Gabru, Albert Jorquera and Henrik Larsson who are all out of action. Málaga boss, Gregorio Manzano, will be without Vicente Valcarce, Gerardo, Marcelo Romero and Juan Luque.

Rijkaard's options: With Giuly and Larrson out injured, Rijkaard will have to decide who will play on the right side of midfield for Barcelona. He has a number of different options. The first is the introduction of Andrés Iniesta who is accustomed to playing the centre of the park but trained in the right wing position on Thursday. But the trainer also has the choice of using the Juliano Belletti - Damià combination down the right. The Brazilian has shown that he is very good in attack all season and he could support Damià, if the youngster was picked to play in the forward role.

More new faces: Rijkaard has once again dipped into Barcelona's B ranks and chosen the familiar faces of Rubén, Leo Messi and Damià. But he has also added Verdu, who was called up for the game against Mallorca earlier in the season and has handed young Javito a chance to enjoy his first outing with squad. In all, there are 11 players that have played for Barça's B team during their careers in the squad for the game.

Past meetings: In the last five games between these two teams at Camp Nou, FC Barcelona have won four times and Málaga have been triumphant just once back in 1999-00 when they secured a 2-1 victory. Since then Barça have won every match: 2-1 (2000-01; 5-1 (2001-02); 2-1 (2002-03); 3-0 (2003-04).

7. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    One hour to start!!!

8. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never is....

We need to always treat our opponents with respect...On any given Saturday/Sunday..........

that said, I do expect a win....

Just want to bring this up to everyone....

We made it througfh Black November with 2 wins, 1 tie and 1 loss

Whew

9. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    1-0 25min (Eto'o)

\o/
    ||
    ||

10. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    2-0 29min (Deco) :p

11. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    does anyone know a torrent to watch this later? thanks

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    few mins into the 2nd half, still 2-0.

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 iniesta

14. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Full time. Impressing 4-0 win. Eto'o scored on the last minute.

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eto'o now with in 12 goals the league. that is in only 14 games. with an extra game played, he is 4 goals above 2nd.

16. CrazyElBarca

CrazyElBarca New Member

Oct 27, 2004
  17. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Wow, great game. Barca was so superior that Malaga can be very happy to go from Barcelona just with four goals. Barca played as much as they have to, the difference was so big that it isnt woth to mention it. I dont remember that Malaga had a sot on target in whole match.
    Anyway, fully deserved win. From first minutes we dominated. But at first we were not enough concentrate to finish actions with goal. But in 25th minute it was all clear. Deco made an assistent and Etoo made his famous run with two steps and than clever shoot and GOOOL. Great one. Few minutes later it was 2-0. This time Etoo made an assistent and Deco fired a shoot->what a goal wow. Same one as in friendly match against WOrld XI. Superb efford from 20 meters. After that Etoos hould have scored a goal from his one one one with goalkepper but he didnt. Anyway, it finished with 2-0 after 45 minutes.
    Second half. Same story, perhps even better Barca. At first I thought that we will keep the goal defference but the stroy went other way. In 72. minute great action from Barca and Deco find him self alone before the goalkepper. He didnt shoot (who knows why), he wanted to make it fancy. Anyway, the ball came to iniesta and he finished the action with goal. And it was 3-0. Rijkaard made some subs and Messi, Navarro and Sylvinho get their chances. I had a felling that players wanted to put the ball to Messi inorder that young man finish it with goal. He had some good chances but he didnt finalized them. In the last minute if the game Iniesta made the run into the "interesting" area :)D) and found Etoo who scored his second goal from5 meters. Great action and cool finish.
    Great match and great win. Forza Barca. :D

Oh, I dont who to name MOM. Deco, Xavi, Iniesta and Etoo had all great match. Ronnie wasnt at his best but he made some great moves anyway. Whole defence was very secure, Valdes didnt have any work to do at all. I dont know, I wuld name Deco as our best name in this match. He was once again great. Goal and assist. Same for Iniesta, but Deco was better in my eyes.
    Anyway, we are now 10 points clear of Real. :D Great, Albacete is our next victim in La Liga. I cant wait for it.

Forza Barca

18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i stand corrected

19. Brejrin

Brejrin New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    T&T
    albacete next huh? when is valencia

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well now, seems like FCB had no problem whatsoever with defeating Malaga.....EXCELLENT!!

21. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia is after the Albacete game.

Albacete outplayed Valencia today, but were unlucky to lose 1-0.

22. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Anyone else here felt his heart roll slowly down and hit the floor when Ronaldinho went down injured? I sure had one hell of a scare. I think he took it easy after that, but still provided the ooohs and aaaahhs.
    Anyways, a comletely dominant Barca performance. I think it's safe to say Malaga were the weakest team we've faced so far. Not even the slightest hint of opposition. But I wouldn't have expected anything less than 4-0 to be honest. Camp Nou is the fortress of old again, and I dont see ANYONE coming away with even a point there. One thing though: Granted, we scored 4 goals. However, if you look at the clear cut, one on one chances wasted, it really should have been 6 or 7. Eto'o missed two breakaways with the keeper, and Deco almost made a complete mess of his 1-1 if it weren't for Iniesta cleaning up. My point is, we just have to make sure we put the easy ones away. It seems like whenever one of our boys is put through alone on goal, too much thinking goes on instead of just going with it and finishing it off.
    Still, we've scored 4, so maybe I should just shut up :)

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i get scared everytime i see any of the players go down.
    i agree that they could have scored much more, but i don't think they took the game as seriously after they realized that malaga was a complete push over. with deco's chance, for example, i think he figured that he would do something fancy to get the fans excited, unfortunately he didn't see the defender coming up behind him. but when the result is secure, i'm all in favour of them pulling out the party tricks.
    i aslo wanted to add that messi looked very bright, and he had a pretty decent chace to score one as well.

24. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Player comments after the game

Deco

"It was a good game. We played well and won, which is what really counts."
    "Football is like that, when you win it always looks easy, but it was not ".
    "That is not the kind of goal you can practice in training. When you shoot from far out you just try to make sure it hits the target ".
    "You have to impose your game in the first half, and was only natural that we slowed things down in the second".
    "The most important thing is to win and to do what you have to do. To enjoy yourself, and to get involved in the action "

Belletti

"We did our bit. Our job was to get the three points"
    "We ran a lot, we worked hard and marked their players really strongly"
    "We've got to suffer. Rijkaard always say that first we have to mark our men and score goals, and then enjoy ourselves."
    "All I'm thinking about now is carrying on with what we have been doing up till now. We aren't thinking about what Madrid or Valencia are doing."
    "Iniesta is an intelligent, skilful player. I'm really comfortable playing alongside him "

Márquez

"It was a tricky game. If we didn't create pressure we were going to make life difficult for ourselves, so we pushed forward and played well at the back."
    "I'm happy for a job well done, we've got the right mentality."
    "We have to work on getting ready for the trip to the Ukraine."
    "Iniesta did a great job. We have some amazing players in the reserves "

Eto'o

"It was hard to get things going in the first 20 minutes. After scoring, we found more space. If teams come and try to shut things up at the back we are always going to get plenty of ball. But when teams come out and attack against us, we have most of the ball, too."
    "Let's see if anybody can come up with a way of beating us at the Camp Nou."
    "I always think more about what I do in midfield rather than scoring goals. I came to Barça to enjoy every game and I'm going to do just that."

Ronaldinho

"Me and my team mates are happy with the way things are going so well."
    "I'm happy to lay on scoring chances. I'm happy to be with people that appreciate me and like the way I play."
    "I try to do all I can for my team mates and makes the people that come to watch us happy."
    "I'm going through one of the happiest stages of my life.

Iniesta starts for the first time

Andrés Iniesta was the newest face in Frank Rijkaard's starting line up. It was the first time the man from La Mancha has stared a game, coming in for Ludovic Giuly. Iniesta was one of the best players on the park, supplying Eto'o with his second goal and scoring one himself. Iniesta had the following to say after the game:

"I didn't celebrate the goal with fury, it was happiness "
    "Ive had my chances and got the goal today. I'm really pleased "
    "I dedicate my goal to the fans that have always supported me "
    "I tried to play as one more midfielder like all the rest "
    "Despite going into the lead, we didn't have to feel that we were obliged to go out and risk anything"
    "We have created pressure right up to the end of the game "
    "This is one of the happiest times of my life."