barcelona US tour

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by DonEliasFigeroua, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    correct-o.

2. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to be "that guy"...but I'm very curious...

I saw this...

...over in the RM forum reading up on their Van Nistelrooy thoughts.

And of course, this on our own now defunct transfer thread...

Don't mean to police, but I thought I'd ask politely anyway.

3. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    How am I going to miss a chance to see Barca play? I love both teams.

4. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The games will be on FSC live :cool:

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i saw battlecat alrdy say in the rm forum that he likes both teams.

6. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    could he be a relative of catfish????

7. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battlecatfish?

8. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    who's catfish?

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    the "other" legend

10. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    ahh and i'm assuming he also likes rival teams?

11. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    If anyone is still looking for a ticket to the Barcelona/Red Bulls match, mine is available, as I've received accreditation and will be shooting the match. You can PM me if interested.

12. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Training Dates and Sites Confirmed for US Tour
    Tuesday, August 1
    9.50, Departure flight Barcelona-Monterrey
    15.00, Arrival at Monterrey airport
    19.00, Training. Estadio Universitario

Wednesday, August 2
    10.00, Training. Estadio Universitario
    19.00, Training. Estadio Universitario
    20.00, Gala supper hosted by 'Cemex'

Thursday, August 3
    8.00, Presentation of Turisme de Catalunya-FCB
    10.00, Training. Estadio Universitario
    20.00, Match. Monterrey Tigres - FC Barcelona

Friday, August 4
    10.00, Departure flight to Los Angeles.
    18.00, Presentation Turisme de Catalunya-FCB
    19.00, Training. Loyola Marimount, Los Angeles
    20.30, Supper hosted by Chivas USA and Chivas Guadalajara

Saturday, August 5
    10.00, Training. Loyola Marimount, Los Angeles
    15.30, Nike event. Hollywood Boulevard

Sunday August 6
    10.00, Training. Loyola Marimount. Los Angeles
    18.30, Match. CD Guadalajara - FC Barcelona. Followed by departure of flight to Houston

Monday, August 7
    15.00, Visit to Houston Child Cancer Hospital
    19.00, Training. Reliant Stadium. Houston
    19.00, Supper hosted by Houston Dynamo

Tuesday, August 8
    8.00, Turisme de Catalunya - FCB
    16.00, Visit to Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (Nasa)
    19.00, Training. Robertson Stadium. Houston

Wednesday, August 9
    10.00, Training. Reliant Stadium. Houston
    21.30. Match. Club America - FC Barcelona. Followed by departure of flight to New York

Thursday, August 10
    16.00, Nike Town Events. Central Park
    18.00, Presentation Turisme de Catalunya - FCB
    19.00, Training. Giants Stadium. New York
    20.30, Gala supper hosted by Major League Soccer (MLS)

Friday, August 11
    19.00, Training. Giants Stadium. Nova York

Saturday, August 12
    19.30, Match. New York Red Bulls - FC Barcelona. Followed by departure of flight to Barcelona

Sunday, August 13
    15.00, Arrival at El Prat Airport

13. Chuck-Puyol-Norris

Chuck-Puyol-Norris New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Camp Nou
    What kind of events will they be doing at NikeTown? Will they be signing autographs? That should be interesting. Maybe I'll go over there and see the players, and get the new jersey while I am there.

Too bad it doesn't say where and what time they arrive at the airport. I would have loved to catch a glimpse of them there as well.

14. pedijoon

pedijoon New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    where in central park will they be??

and is the admission to the practice sessions open to public????

thank you

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They will be at the Nike store off of centrail park. The nike store is on the south-east corner of Central Park....real easy to find.

Practice Sessions are open to Red Bulls season ticket holders. I am sure those passes will be available through ebay or craigslist soon.

16. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called the NikeTown store and spoke to customer service about the fact that the Itinerary for FC Barcelona has been announced today and it states that the team will be there at the store on Thursday 8/10. I called them to see what information they have about the visit. The customer service rep. explained that this was in reference to the futbol sala (joga bonito) program, he said that they probably wouldn't get the correct/true information until Wed 7/9. He said that there have been lots of rumors floating around, ranging from the team won't be present at all, to Ronaldinho won't be there, to they might have some of the players from the team there but not the STARS. I would say wait until the end of this week or maybe even Wed 7/9 and then call the store again and have them confirm which if any Barcelona players will be there and will they be having an autograph session or not.

Just to be safe.

and Lucho is correct about the practice session at Giant's Stadium, they will only be open to Red Bulls Season Ticket holders. Unfortunately for those without tickets it will be difficult to get close to the players, as you may or may not know, the team buses pull directly into the stadium, it's not like in some other stadiums where the buses are pulled alongside an entrance to the stadium and fans can wait there by the buses for their chance at a picture or autograph.

Good Luck to all!

I for one am wondering where the MLS GALA SUPPER is going to be taking place on Thursday night.

17. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a stroke of pure genious on behalf of RBNY. Good move, good for them.

18. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How do they designate this?...by those with the season holder tickets since they are different than those from ticketmaster.

19. -GoalUSA10-

-GoalUSA10- New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    USA
    Does anyone know about the L.A. niketown appearance, or if the training sessions are going to be open to the public?

20. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Lucho,

The Passes that the NY Red Bulls are providing to their Season Ticket holders are being mailed directly from the team to the season ticket holders this week.

The original tickets for the Barcelona game were mailed by the team to the season ticket holders approximately 1 month ago. I'm sure there is some designation on the tickets for season ticket holders versus the tickets to the game that people have bought directly from TicketMaster.

Again the Red Bulls organization has clearly decided to thank their season ticket holders by printing and mailing the passes for the practice(s) directly to them, these are NOT being sold on ticketmaster. The only way for people to buy them, would be if they bought them directly from a season ticket holder.

Hope that helps.

Good luck to all!

21. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Do we need tickets to see them practice at Loyola Marymount? And to see them at the Nike event on Hollywood?

22. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To SiccMade & GoalUSA10:

Sorry, but I don't have any info. regarding their practices in Los Angeles, but I'm sure someone else in the L.A. area will post.

Someone should be able to confirm whether or not tickets will be available or if it's just going to be free to the general public or what. But hey, now that you guys know that they will be practicing at Loyola Marimount, I would just try to contact them directly to see if they can confirm some info. for you.

Here's the web address for Loyola Marimount so it's a start for you guys.

http://www.lmu.edu/site4.aspx

Hope that helps

SiccMade as far as your question about the Nike event in Hollywood - just go through the prior pages in this very thread and you would have seen this information from Adriana10 who said she works directly for Nike Soccer (not the Niketown Store in L.A) - she provided the following posts previously:

"I have some information that you guys will like (in LA)!

We (Nike Soccer) are giving away 1,000 tickets to see FC Barcelona train at Home Depot Center on Saturday Night. These tickets can be picked up at a specific retailer next week - we will announce it soon.

ALSO, we're rolling out the red carpet on Saturday at 3:30pm in Hollywood. This is an event for press and for fans, held at Hollywood and Highlands with around 18 members of the team (Ronaldinho, Marquez, Puyol, Mendes, Iniesta, Belletti, etc) along with celebrities and other athletes. This will be the best chance to get autographs, so come decked out in your facepaint and jerseys....free giveaways also!

More information to come."
    =========================
    "The event at Hollywood and Highlands is confirmed.

I am from Nike Soccer (not the Niketown store if you're calling there).

Also - Dirk from Sam's Army...I'm looking for you. Hit me up!"
    ================================================
    I however tried sending her a PM asking her if she had any info. about any possible similar event at the Nike store in NY but I never heard back from her, now it is possible that she's just extremely busy but take it with a grain of salt as they say. The other thing that I wonder about from her initial post is that she said that they would be giving away 1000 tickets to see Barcelona train at the Home Depot Center Saturday night, but as you can see by the official announcement, the team will only be training at Loyola Marimount. She did say in her original post that they would be providing additional information this week as to the "retailer" that you would be able to pick up the tickets for the practices from - since today's only Monday, it's possible she might post again by Friday 8/4 and let everyone that will be in L.A. know where to go to get those tickets. So don't give up hope - you guys in L.A. might have more luck in getting tickets to the practices than those of us on the East Coast.

I'll try to contact Nike Soccer directly via phone and see if I can find out more specifics regarding the NY Nike Town Store visit.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I would like to ask all of you fellow FC Barcelona fans all over the country and Mexico to please post your personal experiences from this tour in this forum so the rest of the fans around the country can read about how you got to meet, take pictures with, and/or get autographs from our favorite players on our favorite team!

Visca el Barca!!!

23. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    For the LA tour, I take it they'll be practicing at Sullivan Field at LMU.

http://lmulions.cstv.com/school-bio/sullivan.html

There is a parking lot right across the street from the field and, as you can see, there are plenty of stands to watch the team (the home side is much larger than the one pictured) . I just hope that LMU and/or Barcelona open the practice to the public!

24. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Damnit, I should of applied to LMU. What if those tickets went on sale today? I should of called earlier...Hope she gets back earlier so we can get some info.

25. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are the tickets for the match against Guadalajara sold out? It seems like Ticketmaster got sold out with 25 and 40 dollar ones.