barcelona US tour

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by DonEliasFigeroua, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    If they really are training in New York Giants center then you can probably meet the players if you know what times there is gate and Minimal Security I mean bare minimum and if you go their with barca gear im sure players will come over and talk to you.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Where is the NY Giants training center? They have one in Albany, but surely that's not the one you're talking about, yeah?

3. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Barca vs NYRB? who had that brilliant idea!?

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, last year my Chicago Fire played AC Milan off the field. I mean, Milan still won (;)), but everyone who watched the game agreed that the Fire out played them. You have to remember, the European clubs are still in preseason form, so the games are likely to be closer than you'd think.

That said, this is Barça we're talking about. We're going to mop the floor with them. The only thing I'm worried about are injuries. That field is terrible.

5. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Have they even presented him yet?

6. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Buy the shirt online once his number is presented. In my experience of these tours (going to one match a year since 2002), the clubs are not selling any official merchandise. At best you could get a ronaldinho knock off from some migrant vendor in the parking lot.
    Not sure if anyone else has seen this but at past matches there is some serious humor in the club jerseys people wear to the games. It doesn't matter who the opponents are, there are always those people compelled to wear club shirts of teams not playing. Personally, I would rather not wear a club shirt than one of a team not featured. (THE ONE EXCEPTION IS WEARING A RIVAL JERSEY OF A TEAM PLAYING AND ROOTING AGAINST THE RIVAL).
    Three years back at Man u v. Barca, the funniest highlight of my night were the numerous fools in Real Madrid shirts supporting Barca atleast a dozen, unrelated to each other).......I was baffled, so I asked one of the guys why he had a real madrid shirt on, he responded with you have to support spain. I then informed him they do sell national team shirts and let him know that wearing the RM shirt was more inappropriate than a shirt depicting the clubbing of seals.

7. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    If someone finds out where Barca will be training or giving autographs in Los Angeles please post it:) . I believe Real did a signing at a store last year when they came through. I already called NikeTown in Beverly Hills and they don't have anything scheduled. Chiva USA does not return my calls. They suck!!:mad:

Thanks.:)

8. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    After watching the Chivas from Guadalajara play in the Copa Libertadores, I think we're in for a fight in LA. They're in midseason form and looking pretty damn good while Barca is just getting warmed up. I'm thinking 2-1 Barca. Either way, I just hope it's a good and exciting game to watch.

9. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    I think its next to the Stadium. Or it could be Rutgers where chelsea trained.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Actually, the Mexican season doesn't begin until 5 August. So Chivas will have played one league match and 3 Copa matches before the game against Barca. So not exactly "midseason", but yes they will have an advantage.

11. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    they got the revenge match on Weds. against Sao Paulo...gonna be awesome...that's the Chivas we'll see v.s. Barca.

12. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I read today in La Opinion (spanish newspaper in L.A. area) that none of the stars from Barcelona are going to make the trip. Can someone confirm whether they are coming or not please? Are they going to meet up in the U.S? The paper had a list of the roster that was coming and it had no Rhonaldinho, Messi, or Marquez.

13. geego

geego New Member

May 14, 2006
    As far as I know, all the players of the roster go to the USA plus four youngsters of the B team. And perhaps Saviola too, if they don't find a team for him!

If fact, that will be the first time all the players meet, because the World Cup participants have been given vacation until the US trip.

14. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rijkaard said that Javier was coming for sure if they couldn't find him a team before then. As far as the rosters...La Opinion is mistaken rarely...

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They may have displayed the roster for the current tour in Denmark, which is non-World Cup players, B squad, and some youths. They may have taken a Barca press release out of context. Early August is prime pre season training time and all the stars will be present.

16. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's information from an article I got from Mundo Deportivo today, it's a Spanish Sports Publication:

"Los ‘fisios’ aseguran que un mínimo de diez entrenamientos es la garantía para afrontar un partido. Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Van Bommel y Gio, que vuelven el día 31 de julio, estarán a tiempo para los partidos del 17 y 20 de agosto ante el Espanyol, pero Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi y Márquez que se incorporan el día 2 en México llegarán muy justos y Thuram y Zambrotta que lo hacen el día 4 en Los Ángeles tendrán que afinar mucho si quieren jugar frente al Sevilla la Supercopa de Europa."

For those who don't speak Spanish here's what this confirms:

Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Van Bommel, and Gio return to the team on 7/31.
    Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi, and Marquez return on 8/2 in Mexico
    Thuram & Zambrotta return on 8/4

I wanted to share this will all the fans in U.S. who are afraid that they won't be able to see these players on the tour. They definitely will be in the games here in the U.S, however I have no idea how much time each of these players will get in the games. The important thing is they will be here!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the teams visit!

Forca Barca!

17. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's why I hope I'm able to see them at the training facility and hopefully get some autographs and take some pictures with them.

Man, I can't wait for this game.

18. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just spoke with Red Bulls NY directly and they informed me that the only people that will be able to go to the Barcelona practice(s) will be Red Bulls Season Ticket Holders, they confirmed for me that they will be mailing to the season ticket holders the passes for the practices within the next few days.

Sorry to burst your bubble, it does however depend on where the practices will actually be held, they didn't tell me where over the phone, they just said that all of the practice information will be included in the mailing with the passes directly to the season ticket holders. If for example the practice is held in Giants Stadium, it will be very hard for fans who don't have tickets to wait outside the stadium for the players to hop onto the team bus to go back to the hotel, I say this because I know that the team buses pull right into the stadium so that won't work.

If however the team practices at another location (not Giants Stadium) then there might be a chance for fans to congregate and wait outside the practice facility to see if your lucky enough to have some of the players come over to you.

Good Luck to all!!!

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That makes perfect sense. Don't let Barca fans anywhere near the Barca players. Only allow Red Bull 'fans' who couldn't pick Messi out of a lineup that privalege. :rolleyes:

20. American Red

American Red Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Bavaria
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In reference to the coliseum game:

What is the difference between the VIP General admission and the normal general admission? How do I know which my ticket entitles me to? Will the ticket specifically state VIP on it?

21. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    I'm wondering...I bought a ticket for $75 but saw a $60 VIP ticket on craigslist :confused:

22. mvp1523

mvp1523 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    los angeles
    where and WHEN is the training session in LAAA?????

23. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Chivas USA did the exact same thing. Let's hope they train somewhere away from the Coliseum. Like others have said, if anyone knows where they'd be training, please let the board know. It is greatly appreciated.

24. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    was your USC thing Cule, mere speculation?

25. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm sorry, I don't understand. If you're asking if USC and Cule are both in my name, yes. I graduated from the University of Southern California and am a big Barca fan. If I'm misunderstood, then please let me know. Thanks! :)