Barcelona S.C. news and results.-Part I (2004/2007)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Michael-A-UK, May 14, 2004.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Barcelona - Campeonato Nacional 2008 (R)

The Canes aren't like the Canes of old unfortunately...in 2006 UF won the national championship (which was my freshman year of college) and Miami went to some obscure bowl to play Nevada after a disappointing season, 07 I don't think they went to a bowl but they are on the rise again and are still challenging for a spot in the ACC Championship with a team that has freshman in key spots leading me to assume that in the upcoming years they'll be a force to be reckoned with once again-recruiting is sick. They tore down the Orange Bowl, I don't know if you heard....now they play in Dolphins Stadium

2. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Like my fellow Barcelonista said, there is nothing wrong with some trash talk, as long as it doesnt get personal and doesnt go to Regionalista/Racist levels.

Besides why is it wrong to take a little pride in the fact that even though Barcelona hasnt won anything in 11 years, their fan base keeps growing? specially in Quito?
    And that is not even an argument, that's just facts.

3. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Now getting back on Barcelona 2009 and its players.

As far as I know the following players were either bought or have contracts with Barcelona at least until the end of 2009:

Santillo (On loan until june 2009 - Option to Buy)

De Jesus (Bought)
    Guagua (Barcelona owns 50% of the player)
    Matamba (Bought)
    Bagui (Bought)

Fernando Hidalgo (Bought)
    Carlos Hidalgo (Bought)

Pablo Palacios (Bought)
    Garces (Bought)
    Zarate (Bought, contract expires december 2010)
    Marcelo Delgado (Contract expires december 2009)

Now the following players are on Loan with option to buy or extend:

Castro (On loan until dec 2008, option to buy)

David Quiroz (On loan until dec 2008, option to buy)
    Cristian Lara (On loan until dec 2008, option to buy)

Marcos Modaini (On loan until dec 2008, option to buy)

Now from those 4 players, the most likely to stay are Castro and Quiroz (Unless he finds a team abroad). Lara is a probable, and Mondaini is almost 100% sure he wont stay.

4. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I've taking a liking to this player. Anybody else think he should get a shot with the NT?. He is a strong tall scary looking defender, and his hair jst adds to his ''tough'' appearance lol.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Thanks, and congrats on the national championship that year, that was the year I graduated

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Quito aún no hace efectiva opción de compra por Mina y Cortez
    Guayaquil (CRE).-
    El miembro de la Comisión de Fútbol del Barcelona Sporting Club, Eduardo Campuzano, dio a conocer que la dirigencia del Deportivo Quito aún no realiza el pago por la opción de compra de los jugadores Isaac Mina y José Luis Cortez.

"Lo de Isaac Mina y Cortez no hay nada, no se ha depositado nada, el Quito tiene la opción de compra, pero no hay nada confirmado", explicó Campuzano en el programa "Deportes en el Ecuador y el Mundo" de CRE Satelital.

"No hemos hablado del tema, en todo caso estaremos en las siguientes horas y días estudiando el tema, sino los jugadores tendrán que regresara aquí (a Barcelona)", acotó el dirigente.

Otro jugador de los registros del club "Canario" que se encuentra en Deportivo Quito es Giovanni Nazareno, quien en diciembre quedará libre, pero Barcelona ya habría negociado su extensión del contrato para que retorne a la institución porteña.

Por: Carlos Luis Duarte
    caluito2040@hotmail.com

7. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Matamba is an interesting case, I remember when this guy started and had a amazing south american youth tournament, he was tipped as the next great ecuadorean defender, but he went from promising to really bad. I mean this guy couldnt even hack it in the bolivean league (Bolivar).

Now he has come back almost at the end of his career and is playing the best he has ever played, its almost the same case as Holger Quinonez, who came back in his last years and gave us some of his best Futbol.

But I'm not sure if he is NT quality, he is not particularly fast, and plays in the same position as Espinoza.

Merlo has found a way to make Guagua-Castro-Matamba to play really well together, something vizuete is finding a hard time to do, I mean Castro was awful against venezuela, yet he is currently the best defender in our league.

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

How old is he anyway? {matamba} I mean I put him on late 20's, no? anyway you are completely right about him on the NT, he is had a few chances.

9. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Matamba is 32.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Que les parecio el partido de hoy? sinceramente creo que debimos haber intentando marcar el segundo gol, igualmente el D. Quito jugo bastante bien y el empate me parece que fue justo, el Domingo proximo podemos apoderarnos de la punta ganando en nuestro Estadio, va a ser dificil pero creo que si podemos.

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

So I hear Nazareno just resigned with Barcelona so I guess D. Quito will not be buying him, so what do you all think, Let go of Bagui and Let Nazareno comeback? I mean he is from our cantera, and he probable was the best Left defender of the year,