Barcelona S.C. news and results.-Part I (2004/2007)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Michael-A-UK, May 14, 2004.

1. Michael-A-UK

Michael-A-UK New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Glasgow, Scotland
    The logos of Barcelona (ecuador) and Barcelona (spain) are very similar, and they have the same name. Is their any connection between these two clubs?

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Barcelona (Ecuador)

there is an explanation in some other thread, but its cause the founder of Bacerlona (Fútbol club de Ecuador) comes from Barcelona (in Spain) or something like that.........

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The barcelona of guayaquil is almost 26 years younger than the one in Spain. <I think they´re are around 80 years old compared to 106 of the catalan club.

4. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I do have to say, that I find it pretty corny that they not only have the same name, but same logo as well. I mean we all (in SOuth America) pretty much derived our names from European clubs, but at least we took the idea and out our spin to it!

5. eduardo1133

eduardo1133 New Member

Jun 9, 2004
  6. centeno_jaime

centeno_jaime New Member

Jun 16, 2004

During the early 1900's in what was known as "el barrio del astillero" where ships were made in Guayaquil, a group of spanish immigrants had decided to form a spors society reminiscent of the ones that they had belonged to in their country, specifically in barcelona. Hence barcelona sporting club was formed. Initially this group not only had participants in soccer but also in athletics and swimming. When a soccer league was not formed in Ecuador the team took the original name and logo from the team in barcelona.
    Once the league was formalized the inscriptions was made with the logo and the name.

7. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

I would understand if it was a team in Barcelona, Venezuela.
    But there's not a town or city named Barcelona in Ecuador (as far as I know).

In Venezuela they have the gay idea of naming every team "Ital....."

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Barcelona (Ecuador) 2005

Once Caldas, campeón de la Copa Libertadores de América, será el rival del Barcelona de Guayaquil en el partido amistoso que disputarán el próximo 1 de febrero en la denominada «Noche Amarilla». Ese día el Barcelona presentará a los jugadores que integrarán el equipo en la próxima temporada del campeonato nacional, que comenzará en febrero.

quienes son hinchas del torero?

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

BARCELONA!!!!! In my nine years in Ecuador...it's been my passion!!! Looking foward to the noche amarilla and the 2005 season. Just sad we aren't competing at an international level this time 'round. Well, maybe the sudamericana mid year.

10. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

where r u from crismerz09??

11. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

his location says Galapagos... aka heaven... i wish i could be there now...

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

German father (hence; Borussia Dortmund) Ecuadorian mother and I'm a gringo (Florida) myself. After college (9 years ago) I came to Ecuador and now divide my time between St Cruz, Galapagos and Guayaquil. I work with Aggressor Fleet. Love it here!!!

When I got to Ecuador, I knew Guayaquil had Emelec and Barcelona. A girl I was dating took me to a Barcelona game with her familiy to watch them play Olympia (or Guarani?)...a game that Barcelona ended up winning in the last minutes (3-2?)...or something like...my memory gets pretty hazy nowadays but the important thing is, the ambience of the Monumental was amazing and I couldn't wait to go to another game...It was madness and the stadium was pretty full (for South America anything over 10,000 is a good att record, the Monumental, which holds like 80,000 looked packed, though I'm sure it only had around 50,000 or so, still an awsome number by these standards). I truly missed football and I was finding it again in the monumental with Barcelona. This was around 95 or 96. Since then I've been hooked. Coincidentally, love the fact they carry the same colors as BvB and their rivals (Emelec - blue) the same as ours-Schalke 04.

Cheers,
    Cris

Who knows, if my chic had been an emelec fan, I might now be an emelecsista (god no). :( :eek:

If anyone can confirm those results against Olympia and Guarani for the Libertadores Cup during those dates and correct me please do, I would like to be sure.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You might have read in another thread that I mentioned BvB's interest in Kaviedes, thats how I know, I am close with some members of the club itself in Dortmund, but they never got a chance to contact him and prior, didn't want to breach any deal Kav had with Palace...next thing that happened, he moved to GYE. Kav mentioned that there was interest from a German club so I assume he was talking about Dortmund. Well. good to see him back in Guayaquil. I rather he does well with Barcelona than fail abroad...the lad is already like 27 so he only has about 4 or 5 good years or so before he becomes a "has been".

14. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

now i know why u like barcelona, i think that b. dortmund has the same colors from barcelona (yellow and black) and i guess u was on 98 libertadores final at monumental againts vasco da gama, there was more than a 100.000 people

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Not really, as I mentioned, I liked them due to the fighting spirtit that they showed during my initial years (95-96) along with their fan base at the Monumental. By the time Barcelona made it to the final in 98 I was already a true "Barcelonista a muerte" The colors are just a total bonus since I can wear my BvB jerseys to the Monumnetal and still show my colors.

BTW, your damn right I was at that final!!! ;)

16. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

oh ok, i really like to see barcelonistas like u

i m from guayaquil and when i was there i used to go every home game to la sur oscura

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LDU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Barcelona de m¡erda ;)
    lol I dont really dislike Barcelona that much, but Nacional and Deportivo can burn!

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

btw crismerz09,
    do you happen to be jewish? when i was in ecuador i met a few ex-german jews whose family went to ecuador because no other country would take them. this happened to my cousins' grandparents.

i still havent been to guayaquil or the galapagos, and maybe i will go next time, but i like quito just fine :D

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yeah, been to a few matches in the "Sur Oscura". myself...quite the experience!!! Nowadays, when I go to the stadium, I actually prefer to sit, but it's only so I don't spill my beer :D .

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

No. My father is Protestant, my mother is Catholic and I'm kinda neither (never been a fan of organized religion). My grandparents never left Germany and my dad moved to the US during his early 20's (late 1960's) and that is were he met my mom, who came up from Ecuador during the same time for University. I do know a few Germans here in Ecuador whose ancestors fled during the 40's however. They are actually all over South America with quite a few colonies in Argentina, Uruguay Brazil and Chile. Shameful times...

21. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

actually these days if u go to "sur oscura" u have to stand up and sing the entire game

i used to do that when i was alone but sometimes i just prefered to go to "tribuna", is more quit

22. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

wtf/// whos this Mf guy ,go away loser

23. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's cool man. I am not a fan of religion either.
    Do you know where your mom studied? I studied a little at La U de Catolica. The only other U i know of though is San Francisco.

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hey man,
    ;) usually means sarcasm. i also then explicity said i dont really dislike barca, except if they are playing LDU.

25. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I respect that. and i knew you were just joking! ;)

man, i gotta ask ya crismerz09, how is it like living on Galapagos????!!!