Barca vs Celta [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Snauhi, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Im not sayin i want to play like chelsea but id like to have a midfield as solid as theirs wouldnt you?Being solid doesnt mean you have to be a dirty player.Just because Essien made that chilling tackle now hes a dirty player? Our midfield would be much solid and wed recover more balls with Essien.We all know the D can be improved.I hope you are not startin ********. :rolleyes:

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On another side note, he should be totally flequent in Catalan or Spanish, I forget which one he was learning.

3. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eagerly awaiting highlights, as I missed both goals when the stream crapped out.

4. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like our midfield better than Chelsea's when we're all healthy.

And if Essien had only made the one horrible tackle, then I wouldn't call him dirty. I've seen him make disgusting challenges on several occasions at Lyon and at Chelsea. Case in point, he should have been sent off this weekend at Arsenal as well. He's always been a violent player.

I wouldn't sacrifice Deco or Xavi (or MVB for that matter) for Essien. Maybe Chelsea would because he fits their system. I wouldn't because we have Deco, Xavi, MVB, and Iniesta, and they help us control the ball the way we usually do.

D-mid (Edmilson) could be improved, and that would improve the defense. I would love to see a really great player come in who could sit in front of our back four; however, that's not Essien's position. The midfield will be better when MVB gets back, and even moreso whenever Xavi is back.

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0

edit:

haha, what a sneaky goal :D

6. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    What a way to finish a fantastic year! 2-0 is a fine resoult against very difficoult opponent, hard working team as Celta. Team work was once again the key for victory. Celta was good but we were better at finishing thanks to Etoo (man is king!!, 17 goal un 17 La Liga matches, beat that!!!).

This time I must put some credits to Valdez (great saves) and our defensive pair Marquez-Puyol. Great work guys. Deco and Iniesta were fine playmakers and Edmilson were solid too. Ronnie had some moments but he wasnt decesive this time. The honor goes to Lion King, Mr. Etoo (Long live the king). Messi was great in first half but he was somehow lost in second (what a player anyway, again).

This was our last match this year and I am very happy that we won it in style. Year 2005 was a great year and I hope 2006 is going to be even better. There was only one mistake this year that I hope we are going to fix it next year-dafeat agaisnt Chelski. IMO we are playing the best football on planet right now and I hope this is going to continue to next years. After 14 years I would also like to see CL trophy in Barca museum. Lets God be with us.

Visca Barca and happy holidays to all of you.

7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    you said it perfectly brother! i wish and hope for a better 2006, for our club and all the members of the barca nation! hey guys happy holidays! merry christmas and happy new year to all. you guys are the best group of guys to be around! well i believe that 2006 will bring to us 3 things: 1, la liga title 2,cl title 3, another fifa player of the year[b/t dinho,etoo and messi]may God bless you all!!!

9. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work by Iniesta as well!

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no need to say it, i think every1 knows iniesta is my boy.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, that behind-the-goal replay of the second goal... what a perfect shot by Etoo.

12. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P-O-I-S-E

That was some beautiful ball handling by Iniesta

good to see him stepping up.

cheers!

13. sibuor

sibuor New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    didnt watch the entire game but just watched the goals .very beautiful play on both.Beautiful pass by dinho to iniesta, beautiful pass by iniesta to etoo on the second.
    very clever free kick by dinho on the other.the beauty is his pass caught celta players deep asleeep.very good finishing by etoo.

14. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All season, people on the boards have been griping about Andres lack of playing time........well, the time is now and its understandable why he never complained. Football is a weird game, injuries are part of it and Xavi's hurts the team but lays the way for a new star to emerge!!!!!!

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Soccernets qoute of the match...via match report:

"Barca were prepared to pass the ball around and tease Celta, a skill at which Deco excels. The Portuguese international was able to maintain possession in midfield almost effortlessly before finding the right pass. "

I like props going to Deco.....he is sorely missed when out of the line-up and a valuable asset...i wouldnt trade Lampart and J. Cole for him!!!!!

16. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I think we have ourselves a custody battle ;)

17. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    True and i commend the young playmaker for waiting patiently for his chance. He understood that he will get a chance and now is the time. Who knows he may even make a break through with the National team.

You also posted this about Deco "Barca were prepared to pass the ball around and tease Celta, a skill at which Deco excels. The Portuguese international was able to maintain possession in midfield almost effortlessly before finding the right pass. "

I don`t think many playmakers can do this as well as Deco does it. He is so calm on the ball and also a good dribbler plus like Asta said he fits our short passing one-touch style of play.

18. Ublydok

Ublydok New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    browsing bigsoccer
    Eto'o completes his collection of goals on La Liga Teams.

After his two goals against Celta Vigo, Samuel Eto'o has now scored against every team in the First Division.

Samuel Eto'o scored twice tonight against Celta Vigo to reach an unusual personal target - to score against every team in the top flight of the Spanish league. The Galician side had a good record against Eto'o, who played them six times while he was with Mallorca but failed to get on the scoreboard. Last season, of course, Celta were in the second division so he didn't get a chance to break his duck.

Deportivo and Osasuna have the dubious honour of conceding the most goals to the Cameroonian striker with eight apiece, followed closely by Real Madrid and Betis with seven. As a Barca player, Eto'o has played three times against Madrid scoring three goals, two in the Santiago Bernabéu and one in the Nou Camp. Alavés and Getafe have the best record (apart from Celta) with just one gaol each conceded.

The striker has had a spectacular first half of the season, scoring 17 goals in 17 league matches, which puts him high on the list of European goal scorers.

In terms of Club history, his current rate of scoring has only been beaten by such Barca legends as César, Martín, Krankl and Quini. The last player to match his prowess was Hristo Stoitchkov in the 92-93 season.

Samuel Eto'o is also socred his 50th and 51st goals in a Barca shirt. Last season, he scored twenty-five league goals. Add to that the fifteen he has already scored this season plus seven more in the Champions League and two in the Super Cup.

http://barcelona.soccer24-7.com/general/4635

19. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Prolific strike rate indeed. In just two seasons and not even half way in his second he is drawing comparisons with some of our all time greats. I think he might even be one of the very best strikers to have led our attack. Even Hristo mus be proud of the lad. :)

We just hope that he stays injury free.

20. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that a three way custody battle royal!

21. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Triple Threat. Just. Bring. It!

22. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI