Barca Tix

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by PCC from DC, Jan 12, 2004.

1. My girlfirend and I arrive in Barcelona next Saturday and Barca plays Bilbao on Sunday. And Davids may even be suited up!

Anyone know the best way to go about getting tickets? Should I order online before I go? Is it worth buying the ticket pack that comes with entrance to the club museum? Should I just go down to the stadium before the game and scalp a couple?

Any advice will be appreciated--including where to eat and drink with the fans before and after the game!

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, take me with you.
    Second, try the website. and see if u can get decent seats.

Third, Learn some Catala, if u don't already know some.

3. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a couple of posters who are currently living in Barcelona who should be able to guide you in the best way to procure some tickets.

Jeffrys and Lanedogg I think.......

I am not sure if the scalpers are getting a premium or selling at a loss. With the Davids signing I bet that will give a short term spike in sales.

either way...enjoy!

4. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    PCC:

The Barça website doesn't offer tickets. Your best bet is to go to the stadium on Saturday or to any La Caixa ATM. There is usually a separate ATM-type machine that'll take your credit card. It'll print you out tickets. La Caixa banks/ATMs are everywhere.

Take the metro to the Maria Cristina stop to get to the stadium. There are a couple of bars very close to the metro stop that will be crowded.

Enjoy.

5. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Barcelona
    Hi, just to say I don't know the deal with the museum, but that the museum is definitely worth it. I would even recommend taking two hours on the Saturday afternoon, not on game day. As you don't want to wait too late for that option regarding tickets.

Very few tickets are available from the stadium wickets (maybe some 6000) as most belong to "socios", the club members who have seating rights. You can buy at the wickets, lately the cheapest seats are pushing 25-30 Euros, which is not cheap considering you have a view of the city over the top of the stadium you are so high up. But still beautiful in its own way, great way to see the tactical scheme, but you should go in with binoculars or you won't recognize the players. Not recommended for a one-off though, nicer to be closer. So think that in wickets you could be paying close to 50 each for a reasonable seat and more for a really good one.

The option at La Caixa -largest savings and loan in Spain- is a good one, as what "socios" can do is resell through this system if they are going to be away for a game (they are limited to how many times they can do it in a season). I recommend not waiting until game day, do it the day before. Their cash machines are all over the city, literally every 4 blocks. Ask at your hotel desk for nearest. Go to the Servicaixa machine, which is only for ticketing, choose English, go to sports, FC Barcelona, and follow on through. If you are in Lateral Segunda Graderia (side, 2nd tier) you are in a good spot, Primera Graderia (1st tier) is not necessarily better, unless you are very close to centre and not too low (stay at least 15 rows above grass level). For above the Goals on the ends you want to be up higher. Charged through your credit card, Visa is most usual here, but I think others are being more accepted, like Mastercard. Assures you seats in a good spot without having to sweat at the stadium. Prices could be about the same as at Camp Nou, only you are assured a good spot without having to risk last minute. And there are social advantages as I mention below.

It is hard to go the scalper option nowadays. Used to be great, now you could be scammed. This is because in fact they are not scalping a ticket per se, they have the club member's card, and they will go through with you, the card is read electronically. Now they are doing spot checking on cards, which have the member's name on them. So you could be denied access and the guy taking you through will be stranded, though he usually has a deal going with the ticket taker, who he pays off in return for complicity (there is low level corruption galore at Camp Nou amongst low level employees (some of whom in fact are semi-volunteers), some day I'll tell folks here how it was possible to get to see the Man U-Bayern European Cup final for free, without a ticket, on the basis of knowing people at the gate and seat controlling and ushering). I have had bad experiences of being seated in a seat that did not belong to the holder, being kicked out, though you can find another you get odd looks.

Down lower at Camp Nou you are sitting amidst people who quite possibly have been "neighbours" in a section for decades, have watched each other's kids and grandkids grow up. It is quite odd, quite quiet usually, lots of complaining and ref/coach/player/club president bitching. But worth it just to see the kind of staid, shopkeeper and small businessman, middle class, late middle aged, multi-gender Catalan social mass that is at the heart of Barça support.

If you want to send me a personal message here, do so, we could make contact.

6. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    jeffery s, thank you

how did you end up in barcelona? im so jealous.

7. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Barcelona
    I came here on student loan money traveling, liked it, came back to live. That was 16 years ago.

Don't be jealous, it is just a place, happens to be the right place for me. Everyone has some place in the world that makes them feel well, and this is it for me.

Barça was just an added factor after a few years of Camp Nou going.

8. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    i am in college right now. i'm trying to scrounge up enough money to go to barcelona soon.

i've read about the town, the history, the architecture, the up and coming cuisine, and just the general style of the place.

i just want to come soon. i might get a study abroad somewhere in spain (probably f***in' madrid)

9. hooped

hooped New Member

Mar 15, 2004
    glasgow
    jeffrey s:

will this option also be available for european games? we heard that you would also need a member number at one of these machines, is this not true? How long before the games can you buy from la caixa? Is it only at La CAixa machines in Barcelona that this is possible, or can it be done in other parts of spain?