Bar Wars IX: Intoxication

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nobius, Aug 24, 2006.

1. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This week, Houston travels to LA to play Chivas USA. Gametime is 10 pm on ESPN2.

Where are you watching the game? I'm going to create a poll for every away game and tally it at the end of the season to give the TA officers data on where people are going. If you're going to another bar, please post its name below so I can tally it. The poll isn't public so as to protect the innocent, but feel free to discuss your choice below.

Here are the usual suspects:

Note: The Mezzanine will have UFC going on but will reserve the Champagne room so people can watch the game in there if enough people are going. If you are going to the Mezzanine, post below as well as vote so Tonya can get a headcount.

2. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watching at home, not at the Mezz...

3. DaVinciCustomHomes

DaVinciCustomHomes New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Oh wow ... you forgot the best SOCCER PUB in Houston ..> Richmond Arms near fountainview on Richmond ........ you should check out the poll on the texianarmy website ... Richmond Arms is kicking butt ......... cause it's awesome ... GO DYNAMO

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Except they've pretty much said they want nothing to do with the Dynamo and American soccer in general. I would rather go to a bar that has supported the team somehow.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been going there since the days of celebrating on Richmond after a Rockets win circa '94. Once a year. Year after year I give them one more chance to get things right. The Texian Army even organized there for our very first meeting. We took in U.S.A. vs Japan there after our second meeting. Richmond Arms...well, It's a wierd place that celebrates ManU and Chelsea but cares nothing of Houston's local team.

So what Dr L said, plus they're a Red Coats place and their food is British cooking at its worst.

6. DaVinciCustomHomes

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX

Y'all are serious ... you have to be kidding ... I always go there with friends for Champions League games (well in the past 4 years that is) and watch some soccer games there (U.S.A.) at times ... I have never seen that from them ... wow ... sucks to hear ... My friend Wendy works there ... she never told me anything like that ... so this is why the mezz is y'alls new hotspot huh ... hmmmmmmmmm ... how is that place? I heard y'all were looking for me after the game?

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wendy is cool and showed us some love. But Richmond Arms for all their pride in being a soccer heaven on Richmond Ave decided to not support Glenn Davis's Radio efforts to grow th egame here in Houston (even though he is now on ESPN) and to not sponsor in any form the Houston MLS franchise in it's first season. So the math for us NOT to spend money there is simple (+)'s and (-)'s. However, for what it's worth...RA is a great place to hang out with middle adged English guys if one desiers.

It's alright.

I was

8. el batallon was also...

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here is the President's answer WHY Da Vinci. We communicated.....but many others in the Hinchada Tejana are still in NHL Playoff Hockey mode!

10. Kiks

Kiks New Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Spring, Texas
    im still waiting for those 500 million dollars that Da Vinci was gonna invest in the Houston Dynamo, it looks that he doesn't even show up at our meetings cause he can't even invest in a pitcher.

We already have a song for you :cool: , just watch out that there aren't any kids around.

hahahaha

11. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly I will be one of the people watching the game at a friend's house while playing poker. Of course I'll probably be watching the game more than playing poker so I fully expect to lose.

12. DaVinciCustomHomes

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX

LOL ... like I knew about some dynamo party after a game ... LOL ... anyways

13. DaVinciCustomHomes

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX

LOL ... you can find me in section 205 at the games el batallobans (however it is spelled) ... or hanging out with my buds in the west side of Houston

GO DYNAMO ... hey CELTTEXAN ... if you were looking for me why didn't you write me like you said you would in the private message ... I think I gave you my cell phone number ... I was too tired to stay so I headed home in the 80th minute. I have been working hard for the past few weeks and I am getting ready for a charity project this weekend

14. como diria el chega...

OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI
    EL QUE NO SALTE ES UN DAVINCI MAR1CON!!

hahaha...

15. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spilt my drink in laughter! good one!

I want to know if you guys will be at a central location so I can join, I had to miss the game because of a family emergancy so I would like to make it up by hanging some of yall this weekend for the game. Lmk Sam,James EB and TA

16. We are going to be at the Mezzanine on Saturday for the Chivas USA game...

yesterday we were ovethere and most people agree on coming back on saturday...

17. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I haven't taken a game in at over at the B&B-is that worth going there for a game, the Mezz is okay, better than Big John's. RA is a really cool place for ManU games, but they are real hip on anything American so Dynamo stuff is a no go-shame too they make a mean Turkey Club and have Guiness and Carlsberg on draft. :(

18. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly amigo mio...I needed perspective before meeting you so I didn't feel like writing. If you ever wanted to join the people I lead and smooth things out with other die hard supporters than you might consider seeking me out at a Houston home match. Then we can shake hands and talk before, during, at the half or after a Dynamo home game.

Look at it from my point of view. As season 1 comes closer to the playoffs, people already know about the Texian Army and our ever growing Northend Hinchada Tejana. Yet I had no idea you exsisted before your posts this month. It goes back to coming out to meet me, the officers and the gang before you post about me, the officers and the gang on a web site that provides the poster with the opportunity to remain hidden.

19. DaVinciCustomHomes

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    in fact ... about three months ago I was out looking for leadership of the army before I even heard about this forum website ... the few army supporters who I spoke with in the parking lot said that y'all all got drunk the night before or something and were expecting a low turnout (something like that) ... I was like "okay" ... I mean I had a group of people all in orange ready to join and the money to join but we were turned away cause nobody was there (I cannot remember the game but I do know it was three months ago (beginning or middle of June) ... I wish I can remember the reason why they told me not to expect y'all .. but that is in the past ... I am trying to find you ... I need to know how to reach you first so I can recognize you

are you going to be at the Dallas game? I will be looking for you then (need to feel safe (after what is going on right now between the inferno and army supporters) ... you know what I mean? I will be all out in orange as will my gal ... we will be the targeted/hunted in frisco that day ... LOL ... I don't mind though ... once most peolpe see me they judge me right off (I kinda look like a dang hooligan already ... LOL) ... anyways ... will you be there il mio amico?) ... how do I get ahold of you?

20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm not sure which game you are talking about if I am deciphering this post correctly. Seriously, try complete sentences, periods, and paragraphs. It makes comprehension easier.

There was a limited tailgate at the July 4th game but all the games before that there was somebody taking money if you showed up wanting to join the Texian Army. I know. I was there every game. CeltTexan was not necessarily involved in that part of the operation. He does other things for the TA. Dreo00 has been the money guy right from the start and I think people successfully joined the Texian Army at every game from April through June. We didn't always have the complimentary T-shirt to distribute but people did join just by saying that they wanted to join, filling out the application, and paying the dues.

I don't understand why you were unable to join the TA if it was before the 4th of July game.

21. DaVinciCustomHomes

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX

maybe it was the 4th game then. Time feels like it has flown by lately. all I know is that I was there early like I always am and I spoke with a few people around a vehicle. They said that pretty much the turnout will be low and nobody will be collecting money

Did not really upset me cause I am there to cheer on our Dynamo. Are you an official newtex?

22. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Food at the B&B has been good by my standards, and the wife agrees which is a good sign. It gets pretty crowded around the HDTV, so you may need to get there early to get space. (Try to get there after me though! :p ) Service can get a little slow at times, but that's more because they're overwhelmed then anything else. The crowd there gets into the game, it can get loud when we score!

Mezz is nice for the after-parties but it's kinda quiet on game days. I've only been there once for a game but it wasn't as much fun. (To me, zolafan, nobius and a few others are always there. They seem to like it.)

23. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ill be at the mezz

24. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Nah, I'm an unofficial newtex.

25. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I flipped a coin and Ill be at the Mezz. what time will everyone be getting there?