Baptista or Essien?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Found the link yet? Didn't think so. Come on now you can do better than that Arse boy.

2. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are plenty of articles where Baptista supposedly says that he would love to play for Arsenal. Here's just one.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005310202,00.html

Or are you specifically asking if he's ever stated that he prefers one club over the other? If so, I haven't seen such an article.

Btw, your comment "the words of Arsenal fans mean close to nothing on these boards...." makes you sound like you're 12. There are plenty of good Arsenal posters on these boards and plenty of good United posters....also plenty bad of both as well. The question is....into which category do you fall?

3. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
  4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    He still didn't fookin say that he would pick Arsenal over United! Arsenal was the only team he talked to, (illegally I might add), of course he's gonna acknowledge them. The reason I asked you, is because you came in here and implied that he would choose Arsenal over us if we bid. All you guys have quoted are articles from sh|tty sources like the Sun, you know just as much as we do, and that's jack schitt.

And for your information I have been following the saga, and you could drop the "dont waste my time" bull, you're not fooling anyone.

5. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    *yawn*

6. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    According to the Sun (and Seville's president), "another English team has made a bid for Baptista"... Tottenham, according to them...

7. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Corney...but true.

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm....you say that Arsenal approached Baptista "illegally" but what is your source that this is true? Hmmm....could that source be......one of the same sources you called sh!itty just a few lines later?

Well which is it? Are they crap sources just when they say things you don't want them to say? Please clarify.

9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    "..you know just as much as we do, and that's jack schitt."

Hmm I wonder what I meant when I said that?

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't answer my question.

11. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I didn't? I guess you didn't understand what I just wrote in the post above yours. Ok let me break it down for you slowly. You if ask my sources are "one of the same sources you called sh!itty just a few lines later?"

Now, let me quote (AGAIN) what I said: "you know just as much as we do" which can only mean we all get our info from the same sources, which means yes yossarian. Yes my sources are the same sh|tty sources. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes...there are you satisfied? :rolleyes:

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But then that just begs another question. If you admit that the sources are crappy....why did you add the comment about Arsenal approaching Baptista illegally as if it were fact and not just another rumor from a crappy source?

13. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    To counter the fact that your fellow arsenal fan made the comment about Baptista chosing Arsenal as if it were fact and not just another rumor from a crappy source. The world needs balance yossarian, balance. Tit for tat, yin and yang.

14. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see....two wrongs make a right.....a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds....and all that. Okay, I gotcha.

15. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i know you are but what am i? ;)

16. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Btw wassup with Arsenal's colors this season? I seen someone show me their new kit and it looked burgundy in color. I think it's your centennary kit or something?

Not that I care or anything :mad: :mad: ;)

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Represents the colors the year the club first started playing at Highbury. The claret will only be worn at Highbury this year....back to red with the white sleeves next.

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  19. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Baptista is now saying he will stay in Spain to get a dual passport.

20. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    And now he has publically stated he'd prefer to stay at Sevilla than move to Arsenal :D His chances of winning the Champions League just trebled.