Ballack Poll - vote now!

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shall we poll everyone here in the Bayern Munchen section?

Michael Ballack should:

a) find the bench
    b) find another team
    c) find another position
    d) find his own arse

His performances disgrace the legacy of Bayern Munchen currently. This guy is our captain? Our leader? Germany's greatest prospect?

Sometimes you must sacrifice a member to make the team better. Bad analogy, but look at the Red Sox parting with Nomar Garciaparra... look where they ended up. (sorry, I am a huge Boston fan... couldn't help it).

I say (b). And don't let the door hit you on the way out. Real Madrid need another useless superstar.

2. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on. Don't be timid. Bush v. Kerry is already over with. Vote for something really important ;)

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I think we need to get rid of Kahn first, didn't watch the match or keep track of the live ticker thank gawd I had better things to do, but absolutely disgraceful it's another blunder.

Concerning Ballack,

Dropped to the bench, he is terrible for Bayern. Bayern of late have played much better without him.

Why is he so much better for the National Team? I simply don't understand, the supporting quality at Bayern is so much better.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I vote B

I love the guy -I really do
    "But if the glove don't fit--you must acquit"

I wonder loudly as    does. What is the difference between Bayern and the Nats? Especially since he has played club ball with all, or most of the midfielders on the NT team. How Many Bayern MF's are on the NT?

Scholl - - used to
    Deisler--when he is healthy
    Frings
    Jeremies-Not anymore or very little
    Schweinsteiger

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Keep him......every great player has his bad days...and look what he's done for Bayern so far, he's scored quite a few goals

Maybe this is just me not wanting my favorite player to leave my favorite club.... :(

7. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    After all he's done for Bayern since he's came, worked his ass off and scored some nice goals, when he hits a pothole everyone wants him sold.
    Bench him if you must, Basti won't have any trouble filling in.
    But he is a world-class player, he would make any team bar Real and Barca.
    He'll come back to form soon enough.

8. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps some of us are over-reacting a wee bit, however, his ineffectiveness this season for the most part is extremely frustrating. Its as if he could care less, just wants to collect his pay check, finish the season out and then hope for a transfer elsewhere. These are just my observations.

I do NOT disagree that when MB is on his game, he can rank right up there with the best in the world. But when is the last time he was at his best in a Bayern uniform? And consistantly? I would have to say it was two seasons ago when they ran away with the Bundesliga title.

I guess since I coach, I look at things from a "team" perspective. If there is a problem with team chemistry or perhaps even a "cancer" on the team, it needs routing out. Simply put: the problem needs fixing so the team can get on. I understand player slumps and respect those that have "faith" in Ballack that he will return to form. However in the world of professional sports, it is you JOB to show up each day with the mentality that you are at your best each and every day. I was spoiled watching Michael Jordan play at the United Center in Chicago for years... he was the epitome of a true franchise player, which is what Michael Ballack is considered basically, no? Even when Jordan was not on his game, he would find ways to still be effective, like help make everyone else around him better. Even when he was sick, he played. Even when he was fatigued over the stretch of many games in a week, month, he played. I just have no patience after a while for prima-donna players that expect things to be granted to them without working for them. And I DON'T see that coming from Michael Ballack right now.

Hopefully this helps explain my angst for the current situation. I truly feel the team would be best to keep Ballack and use him elsewhere, but ultimately, that is just putting a "bandage" on the situation. I think a more drastic measure is needed to get him refocused. Benching him would be my preference, but will this only make the matter worse? No coach likes a disgruntled player sitting the bench spreading his anomosity amongst the reserves.

9. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    How can we not? What else would we do on these boards? :cool: I threw out my back throwing the large objects at the TV

[/QUOTE]

I think we are a little miffed because Ballack IS the MAN on this team. We rely and expect way too much.

10. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    I vote A. I believe he will find his usual form sooner or later. In other way, Kahn needs to be replaced because even we have a strong team and play impressive in a match but at the end we still lose the game because of his mistakes :p .

11. MyTZeus

MyTZeus New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Boring Suburban Hell
    I vote A as well. I think it will take a little more time to see if he really fits in the current scheme. I don't think another position suits him. The other thing is that we need to bring in a leader that plays an outfield position. Another Effenburg is not easy to find, but we need someone who can kick ass on the pitch and in the dressing room if the boys are not playing to potential. Ballack doesn't seem to have that kind of personality.

Agree re: Kahn. He won't play second banana to a new keeper, so he's got to go. Don't know whether Rensing is the goods or not, but there are plenty of good keepers out there who might be had at a price. If you need to sell RSC to raise the funds, so be it.

12. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    For now....A or B. How much did he cost? And in todays transfer market, he might represent a loss. He has admirers for sure, but he's not going to be a prime transfer target who ends up bringing a huge fee for Bayern. Plus as most seem to agree, he is the best current German player, though he makes it harder and harder to prove every game.

I say bench him. if he is not playing well, you sit him on the bench and let him wtahc those players who do perform. A team should never be about high priced stars playing because they are high priced, i.e. Real madrid. It has to be about winning and sometimes you have to sit a player like Ballack. let it be a challenge to him to improve. He'll either decide:
    "I'd Better try harder, thats what I'll do" or "I want out of here!". Its his choice.

He has been moved a lot in the midfield but never seems to find that one spot for him. He does have an excellent supporting cast both in the midfield and generally the team over. I love Ballack, he is my favorite German player, one of my favorites over all, but he has to be challenged i think in his career at this point.

13. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ballack is actually a "5" shirt with exceptional attacking capabilities. This is why for Neverkusen he always would wind up late in the box to plays. I don't think that has been correctly used all the time he has been with FCB. Magath has started to use him the right way and when he does his play has been effective. If we expect him to be the Nedved or Rosicky of Bayern we are mistaken.

14. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Michael Ballack is great player but lacks in creativity.
    he should find another team.
    I think Bayern need a player like Nedved or Emre.
    How about Carsen Tevez?
    Above all, Ballack seemed to choke a lot with strong teams

15. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    how about tevez??? ask him if he wants to join us. :cool: Give me other name.
    Anyhow, ballack won't go next year.