balance of USA olympic team in London

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by drdi, Aug 11, 2012.

1. drdi

drdi Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Porto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some very good things, other did not went so well..
    1-the women lead the medals won.
    2-swimming: excellent overall display, except perhaps the losing of the men`s 4x100 m relay, where lochte should not had swam- one gold medal lost but...it was a good display indeed.
    3-archery- we lost the men´s final, and the womans someless did not achieved their goal.
    4-fencing-we won a medal-bronze, in epee teams, i think.. men´s team.well, it was not good but not
    bad, either. better days will come
    5-shooting: excellent display, also- i was expecting two gold, we got three and more medals also.
    6-judo-excellent-our first gold medal, one bronze, several displays in quarters and semi.finals.
    7-diving- some silver and bronze medals.. goog display, i think we should care more about our program here, perhaps with some gymnasts "too old" to compete, like lyukin or others
    8-gymnastics- men:what happenned? don´t know, but at least a bronze by levya that could be a gold in other day.women; extraordinary, with 4 golds and with a loss in vault...very good.it is the example how a program should be lead, with competence and rigor.
    9-boxing- who cares? should not be an olympic sport anymore, as wrestling and greco-roman fight
    10-athletics- well, i am going to say just this: it is impossible the jamaican team not to be doped.their developed musculature is impossible to be achieved without the use of drugs- the americans, europeans have the same machines, the same amoint of training but they do not display the same muscles but, overall,a good display, with more than 30 medals. i only had sorry for yhe valiant 4 x 400 m relay men that, with an incredible amount of bad luck achieved an honourable silver. and i think we got medals in 85% of the events.
    11-volleyball: sad for the losing of the final against brazil, a bad game that everything went bad. or worse, but and hourable although a little sour silver.
    12- basketball- i think we are going to win the women´s tournament, but the mens´s are not so easy to win. normal, but excellent, as usual.waterpolo- very good also.
    13- SOCCER( FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION). what to say? the most important tournament, the most memorable win...only for that GOLD this olympic games were very positive. really good, but it is time to improve the te3am and, perhaps, find a new management. how about the japanes team coach?we would be unstoppable.
    conclusion :it is time to revaluate some programs, like men´s gymnastics, fencing, the athletics selection system, diving. some other programs, like artistic gymnastics, artistic swimming, judo, wrestling should be improved.
    more thoughts?
    i appreciate that.

2. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is America's best olympics since 1984. When you win the basketball golds tomorrow you will overtake your gold medal tally from Atlanta (when you were hosts). Your back on top of the medal unlike 4 years ago when you came 2nd to China.

So America should be happy with there olympics :)

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States