Back in 2009? Word from the USL

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Loop Revil, Nov 28, 2007.

1. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    I think even .. Oh God forgive me.. Bay Area USL Supporters. I am a native San Franciscan but in honor of our good buddy Don Guilardi who supported all three USL teams last year, we gotta include the Frog fans too. Eddie Steil is the face of San Francisco Soccer Support but Don is the face of an all inclusive Bay Area Soccer Supporter. Don wears Frogs T-shirts with a Seals cap. Don drinks at Victory tailgates and after parties wearing his 1906 T-Shirt. Don snarls at San Jose beaurocrats to support the Earthquakes. Don is quite simply the "Don" of Bay Area soccer. Because of this, I simply ask, "What would Don do?"..... include the Frogs. Case closed. You are all dismissed.:)

2. Loop Revil

Loop Revil New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Wherever there is soccer ... there is Eddie.

3. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    thats great!! Eddie Umbro!! I love it.. I can't wait to see Eddie.

4. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the latest word on possible return? Are there groups still pursuing bringing a team back in 09?

5. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its still a go for 2009 but there is still work to be done yet.

Come on you Vics!!

6. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    I'm just catching up now, but that would be awesome, cuz I'll be back from Korea by then. Catching a Vics game would be a nice way to spend leave. Also a quakes game... but the Vics will always hold a special place in my heart. Also here's a pic of me in Korea with an M249 SAW. Yeah I spent my Monday qualifying on a SAW... :)

[​IMG]

7. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see you are safe and can't wait to tip a pint with you at a Quakes game. The new group we have started will be rocking Santa Clara as we did Kezar.

8. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paynal, awesome photo!
    have you been able to go to the DMZ zone between North and South Korea?

9. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    The answer to that is "not yet". But it's on my list of things I must do before I leave. Although I heard the range we go to to re-qualify on the M-16 is pretty close to the border, so close that you can see the North Korean flag flying. So I hope I get a chance to go to that range.

Hey question guys, 1906 or Vics scarves ever get made?

10. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Paynal, they got made but for the new merged 1906 Ultras for the Earthquakes. Go check them out http://www.sjultras.com

11. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Could I get one shipped to an APO?

12. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude sign up and I will personally send it to you when we get them. Just PM me an address.

13. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Man I wish you could get one to me before march 1. I would love to sport one with a Quakes jersey to the Gals game against FC Seoul. With a big sign that says you `You Can Go All The Way To Asia But You Cant Escape Us!`

14. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paynal,

Where are you in Korea? I might be going through there towards the end of Feb.

doug

15. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Its up in the north. The town is called Dongducheon, (or as my sister remembers it donkey kong). Its about an hour and a half from the capital by train. Where are you going to be?

16. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think actually i might be in Korea towards the end of Feb so I might be able to catch the Seoul v. Beckham game. Carrying my 1906 Supporters shirt so I can go there and give a "warm" welcome to him.

Do you know how to get tickets for the game??

17. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Not me personally, but we got guys that are part of the Korean Army serving along slide us called KATUSAs (Korean Augment to the US Army) one of them is an FC Seoul fan so hes working on getting the tickets. You want me to try to get an extra ticket? Oh screw it I will any way, if you cant make it ill give it to my roommate. Hes a footie fan from Texas.

18. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually if you can get two (one for me and my girlfriend) that would be great! I should def. be in Korea on the 1st but if something happens I will pay you back the cost!

19. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

God bless you for your service, sir.

20. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Oh yeah, and god bless you for those US-China tix too. I forgot to thank you for that. Great tickets, good match.

21. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Yeah, no prob. Glad someone got to enjoy them. On I a side note I never know what to say when people thank me for my service. But thanks for you kind words Tifoso.