AZTII dumb qestion

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Fury20, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    ok i have a question, why is the soleplate different on this aztII
    [​IMG]

than on this one

[​IMG]

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im not too sure but i know the cheaper versions came with studs instead of blades. But maybe they are just 2 different types of sole plates that you can buy. I actually never had those boots so im not too sure but i know the cheaper verson of the boots came with the same kinda sole as the bottom pic.

appleCORR

3. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Because on the second picture these are Total 90 II's, not Air Zoom Total 90 II's.

EDIT: it's probably wrong, look at my second post.

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahh i was kinda right then - lol. :D

appleCORR

5. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    OK, it's totally weird. I've checked couple times other sites and the bottom picture definitely has a soleplate of Total 90's, when the upper picture is Air Zoom Total 90's without any doubt. But then I noticed lettering "Air Zoom Total 90" on the bottom picture and now I'm completely messed up. May be it's a fake :confused: .

6. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    yea thats why i asked i noticed that the whole upper looks like aztII upper, but the soleplate looks like that off the total 90s...i dunno i cant spot anything else weird about them though they could be fakes

7. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Fury, are these your boots at the bottom?

8. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    no, theyre on ebay and was thinking about bidding on them buy then i noticed the soleplate thing so im not so sure about that anymore

9. b3ans

b3ans New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Top high end eg Air Zoom Total 90 2

Bottom low end eg Total 90 2

I THINK, its just that on local auction sites I see manu of the bottom picture going for cheap.

Ken

10. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nope, that was a special sole plate, it is real azt II, lots of pro's like paul scholes preferred that sole plate.

11. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    its not really a special sole plate its a soleplate of the total 90 II, but the boot is the actuall azt 90 II, the ones on the bottom just dont have the airzoom system.

12. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    both say zoom on the heel...therefore both are air zoom...there is "air" and there is "air zoom"

both the same, one boot has permanent studs other is screw-in's

13. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    all i can think of is that the one of them was released earlyer, then they changed the design a lil bit in the later models :confused: ...

14. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    no, becks is absolutely right, one is screw in, one is non removable

15. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    If only one of has a screw in system its gonna be the one on the bottom notice the second pic top boot last stud to the right, you can tell they are screw ins, but you would proffesionals want screw in studs when they can get as many of these boots as they like!?!

16. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    thanks everyone, great answers

18. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
  19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    they are real and that sole plate was used by many pros during the shoes production run. they were never made avaliable to the buying public on a large level but some are out there. on nike id you could opt for this outsole on the azt2 as well.

many pro's also use a similar outsole on the azt3 sg model just look at pics from almost any game in the epl or la liga and you will see an outsole like this on most azt3 as well

20. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    also, if i wear a 9 in azt90 III's would it be the same for the II's?

21. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    i imagine either one is a very good knockoff, or one was made when the color was first released and one was made much later,

22. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Nah because my AZT II have the same soleplate and I paid £90 for them. They are in a different colourway to the ones here though.

bigg skizzle

23. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    As far as i know your right, i bought my AZT90 IIs reasonably soon after they came out an have the ones in the bottom pick, the top pick shows a change they made to later models and when they brought out the T90 IIs they used the same design of sole plate but used a cheaper material it has less spring and usually isnt as transparent as the one they used on the AZT90 IIs. Neither are fake both are the same boot just a different stud arrangement (and yes they are both AZ's does say on em an mine are the best boots ive had in a while for comfort).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Solid white sole plate, Total 90 written on heel etc etc minor but completely diff boots to play in, pissed me off cos a mate bought the cheap ones an thought id been ripped off till he played a bit in mine then realised the diff.

Change in studs happened about the same time the vapours went out with trianglular studs on or somit, think theyve stopped doin them now. Was ment to be a better shape but obviously wasnt.

24. Skizz

Skizz Guest

OH MY GOD, bigg skizzle solved the mystery...

Look at the AZT III. They obviously say ZOOM AIR on the heel of both but there are subtle differences betweeen the White/Black colourway and the Gold/White. The heel counter, for example, is plastic on the Gold, but is made of material on the white. There is stitching surrounding the Nike swoosh on the toe of the Golds, but not so on the Whites.

Now, look at the price. Golds - RRP £120. Whites - RRP £65. They are ZOOM AIR boots, but were not built to be professional boots. In the PDS Boot Bible, the Golds are described as being for "Professional/Elite Players" and the Whites are "higher level players". The boots are therefore a stop-gap between the basic Total 90's and the full ZOOM's...bridging the gap between people who buy 90's for a kickabout and pro players.

To the AZT II's. Those are the same elite boot, with a different sole plate, but the AZT II version of this argument features the elite boots (with AIR ZOOM TOTAL 90 on the tongue) and the lesser version (AIR ZOOM on the tongue).

Hope this helps.

bigg skizzle

25. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that just confused the hell out of me