Aztex Eddie Johnson Retires from Professional Soccer

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by CplDaniel, Apr 22, 2012.

1. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.portlandtimbers.com/news/2012/04/timbers-forward-eddie-johnson-announces-retirement

2. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( Hope he lands on his feet. From the sounds of it, he ain't coming back here.;)

4. pomintex

pomintex Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Yes tough luck indeed . I wonder what he'll do now for the future, seems like he's got something lined up maybe coaching.... Timbers, he didn't say?. He'll need good health insurance for sure whatever he does.

Do I get the impression some of the 'old school' on here not too enthused with this new PDL set up?

5. Scooter Pete

Scooter Pete Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't speak for everyone, but as one of the older school I would say that most of us are more enthused than ever. As far as I can tell David Markley the owner is doing his best to demonstrate that the three sides of the triangle for him are his players, his fans, and Austin.

What we're not enthused about is the constant Big Soccer reminder of the past at the top of the page, which I know is the reason you'll find some of us chatting on other boards.

PDL is where we started four years ago... it's far far better than not having a team.

6. pomintex

pomintex Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Yes agree with you there. Maybe 'set up' was the wrong word. Looks to be a very interesting season and for the future who knows ?